Rick Nash

akteon

Instead of clogging up the It Arrived Today thread, here's a place to discuss the pending Nash trade...

Last rumor I heard was Dubinsky + Krieder + 1st round pick.

As much I really like Dubi, I'd go for it even though it'd suck to lose Krieder as well. My only solace is that I get to see more Bluejackets games than Rangers games these days, so who ever the Rangers were to give up I'd at least still be able to see them play.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind if I ask a source?

How dare you question me!

Err, umm yeh actually I saw it repeated numerous places (think I first saw it on puckdaddy) but I saw it again here:

NHL.com reported that Howson met with Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, but the Ottawa Sun's report speculated that Columbus "may demand" Brandon Dubinsky, prospect Chris Kreider and a No. 1 pick for Nash.

I swear to god the Rangers better not trade Dubinsky. That's a complete waste. I realize he's not scoring, but he's a solid player and the chemistry he has with Callahan allows them to be randomly thrown back onto a line together when nothing else works and get instant production. Trading Dubi not only screws up the team's chemistry, but it also involves trading Kreider who might just be Rick Nash if the scouting reports are right. It doesn't make sense, we're built to win this year and Zach Parise is a free agent after the season if we're seriously interested in bringing someone in.

Trading Dubinsky makes no sense, especially when he was just signed to what, a 5 year deal? Nash is a superstar, we already have two superstars with Gaborik and Richards. There are way too many things that can go wrong when you have that many guys who are used to playing with the puck.

Thanks for the source Matt.

At this point in time, I just want to see Garth make a trade (forward/dman) that actually will help the team make the playoffs this season. Isles are sooooo close. As much as I hate the rangers, I'd love to have a playoff series against them.

I read last night on hockeybuzz that the Blackhawks had put in an offer on Nash. John Jackel didn't give specifics but said the offer included "NHL players/AHL player/pick" and that the offer did not include Patrick Kane.

My guess...

Patrick Sharp($5.9 million)

Michael Frolik($2.5 million)

AHL'er($500k)

pick

for

Rick Nash($7.8 million)

I'd be down with that, I'd love to see Nash on the Hawks.

Just guessing here, but I'd assume that the Jackets wouldn't want Nash to go to another West team, especially not in the same division. I'd expect them to prefer to ship him East.

I read last night on hockeybuzz that the Blackhawks had put in an offer on Nash. John Jackel didn't give specifics but said the offer included "NHL players/AHL player/pick" and that the offer did not include Patrick Kane.

My guess...

Patrick Sharp($5.9 million)

Michael Frolik($2.5 million)

AHL'er($500k)

pick

for

Rick Nash($7.8 million)

I'd be down with that, I'd love to see Nash on the Hawks.

That's a terrible trade for the Blackhawks. They would be giving up the by far best player in the deal, who has the reasonable caphit, and then have to throw in more assets for a glorified role player that sucks at what he is paid to be.

I will be at Stitches NY within minutes, if Rick Nash accepts a trade to the NYI.

If Rick Nash accepts a trade to the Islanders, I know the world is coming to an end. Better the Islanders than the Rangers. You guys go ahead and give up Grabner, Nino, a top prospect and a first-round pick. We'll hang onto Dubinsky and the rest of our future.

If Rick Nash accepts a trade to the Islanders, I know the world is coming to an end. Better the Islanders than the Rangers. You guys go ahead and give up Grabner, Nino, a top prospect and a first-round pick. We'll hang onto Dubinsky and the rest of our future.

Dubinsky sucks and is an overrated, gutless puke. Neither Grabner or Okposo could score in a cathouse with a fist full of fifties. I would be okay with giving up Nino/draft picks. Isles have a decent prospect pool (Strome, Ullstrom, Rakhshani, Kabanov, Cizikas, de Haan, Ness, Donovan, Pedan, Petrov, etc). I am sick of this nonsense. I want to see a commitment to winning. UFAs do not want to come here, so Garth has to make a trade. Rick Nash would be more valuable to the Isles than Nino/Grabner and a couple of draft picks. Hell, I'd even include Nilsson/Poulin (and re-sign Nabokov/Montoya while the other goalie prospect gets time in Bridgeport).

Moulson-Tavares-Nash

Grabner-Nielsen-Parenteau (I'd rather give up KO than Grabner...Grabner has more promise than KO imo)

Rolston-Bailey-Martin

Wallace-Pandolfo-Reasoner

Bring up Ullstrom and Rakshani (scratch Rolston and Wallace)

And that looks like an 8th seed to me. (legitimate top-2 lines)

Silly Americans, Nash is for Vancouver.

Seriously though it's getting rather nauseating hearing drones of Canucks fans throw silly proposals out hoping to acquire Nash. I say this because many of them either consist of our less popular players (which Columbus is dying to get their hands on) or Cody Hodgson (which Columbus will have to pry out of my cold dead hands.)

Honestly, the only team that I can see him ending up with is Los Angeles because I think they would be persuaded to give up Bernier for him. Columbus needs goaltending above all else and Bernier is a major step over anything going on there right now. It wouldn't work straight up but I think if the Kings send Bernier and another player/decent pick, they can pry him away from the Jackets. Any other team is just going to have to give up way too much for him and I don't think it'll work itself out. That contract isn't exactly a friendly beacon either.

Silly Americans, Nash is for Vancouver.

Seriously though it's getting rather nauseating hearing drones of Canucks fans throw silly proposals out hoping to acquire Nash. I say this because many of them either consist of our less popular players (which Columbus is dying to get their hands on) or Cody Hodgson (which Columbus will have to pry out of my cold dead hands.)

Lol. I agree with the silly proposals. All I hear from other Canucks fans is trade Ballard, Raymond, and Schneider and a 1st, for Perry/Nash. :lol:

Honestly, the only team that I can see him ending up with is Los Angeles because I think they would be persuaded to give up Bernier for him. Columbus needs goaltending above all else and Bernier is a major step over anything going on there right now. It wouldn't work straight up but I think if the Kings send Bernier and another player/decent pick, they can pry him away from the Jackets. Any other team is just going to have to give up way too much for him and I don't think it'll work itself out. That contract isn't exactly a friendly beacon either.

disagree on bernier. he's behind a better defense and his stats aren't exactly that big of an improvement over Mason. Not big enough to be a key piece in a Nash deal, IMO.

First off I don't think any of the proposed Nash deals make any sense the is the face of the franchise and the last time a franchise player was traded the team moved 3 years later see ILLYA KOVLCHUCK traded for Johny O, Nicols Begfors( no longer in the nhl) and Patrice Cormier (a depth centre prospect).

Seems to me there are lot of parralles in the Kovalchuck situation and the Nash situation. i think the jackets will proceed with caution the franchise hangs in the balance. If people believe that the jackets will trade Nash for Dubinski , a pick and a prospect they are crazy. It will take more then that.

I think the team that could pull it off are the Capitals they are desperately trying to make the playoffs and have Semin and a few other pieces that could intrest the Jackets. I could easily see a package of Semin , picks and a depth player going to jackets.

I can't see the Jackets making the deal if they are not getting a superstar and Dubinski is not a superstar never was and never will be no matter how complete player he is people are not going to pay to watch Dubinski play he's just not flashy enough. We can forget Bernier unless they throw in A kopitar (not gonna happen). The Cancuks could get it done if they package Scheneider, Hodgson and some pics but the cap numbers won't work.

So we are left with very few suitors Hwaks won't trade the nucleus .....my guess Caps

I think he should go to Nashville. That would only boost the ego a bit more wouldn't it?

As far as the Rangers...please no. Dubi is a great player and like others said, the chemistry is there. Also trading your future is stupid, especially when your future is so bright for a change.

Which means...Sather will probably do it.

There is a huge difference between Kovalchuk and Nash though...Nash is signed long term v. Kovy who was a UFA (and not resigning in Atlanta). Atlanta could have got more for Kovy imo, but they made an impulse trade (probably the best offer at the time), but I would expect Nash to bring back much more because he is signed long-term. While Semin may be a good piece to trade, its highly unlikely CBJ will trade their best player for a UFA who will likely walk at the end of the season.

As we get further into this, I wonder if just the possibility of trading Nash is the shakeup the team, the organization needs. It's quite a jolt around these parts to hear talk of Nash being traded. I can imagine that the possibility of losing Nash has had a tremendous effect on the entire org and fanbase. I am beginning to doubt the possibility that he actually gets moved, or is truly as available as it seems. I think he's "available" in the same sense that many of our collection items are "available"...I mean, for the right knockout offer, I'd sell just about anything if could improve my entire collection...

I hope they don't trade him, and that's not just because I have a gamer of his :) I think he's one of the few good things the CBJ have going year in and year out. It would be difficult to accept this management team trading him away if it's not the kind of deal that knocks my socks off.

You Jackets fans want Bryz?

I was already tired of him before today's debacle against the Pens, but after he blamed the fans and told them to essentially stop booing and criticizing his play, I have had enough.