Rick Nash

akteon

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. As much as ranger fans love dubinksy and anisimov, you know what they are. Neither will never reach the level of Nash and I think the rangers stole him (nvm the cap hit because I'm sure Montreal in a few years will want him like someone else said if he tanks lol)

LOL.............No

Have fun starting the year 19-5 and then getting Gaborik back

What about the PK? Anisimov and Dubi are two-way players, Nash isn't exactly a defensive minded player and he's certainly not going to see a second of ice time on the PK. The reason the Rangers won the division is because they had an unbelievable penalty kill. On top of that, if the lines go Nash-Richards-Gaborik, Kreider-Stepan-Callahan, who's our 3rd and 4th line? 4th line is probably Asham-Boyle-Rupp, but who makes up the 3rd line? Hagelin-???-???

Hagelin-Anisimov-Dubinsky would have been a killer 3rd line, so now what? If we can find a way to go out and sign a guy like Shane Doan and pick up a legit 3rd line center, I'll retract my previous statement. For now, I still think this trade makes us worth both on the PK and the bottom 2 lines. I don't like the idea of Sather imploding a team that won the division AND conference and was a goal away from forcing game 7 against the Devils for the sake of adding Rick Nash. Allowing Mitchell, Prust and Fedotenko to walk and then trading Artie and Dubi was a bad move unless they bring somebody in to fill the 3rd line.

Edit: I would almost rather see Callahan bumped up to the top line with Richards and Gabby, and put Nash on the 2nd line with Stepan and Kreider. He'd probably play better when he's expected to contribute most of the line's scoring. Stepan can set up goals and we know Kreider can score, but Nash could put up 50 goals on a line with those two.

Gaborik isn't coming back until December. Would you rather your top 2 lines be: Moulson-Tavares-Boyes/Okposo; Grabner-Boyes-Okposo/Niederreiter?

You have a hell of a coach, arguably a top-3 defense, and the game's top goalie (and probably second best backup now that Vokoun is backing Fleury) and you are complaining about this trade? I'd love for the Isles to show a dedication to winning

Edit: "Nash probably can put up 50 playing with those 2". Yeah if Nash hits 50 goals on the rangers, this was a horrible trade. :noway:

What about the PK? Anisimov and Dubi are two-way players, Nash isn't exactly a defensive minded player and he's certainly not going to see a second of ice time on the PK. The reason the Rangers won the division is because they had an unbelievable penalty kill. On top of that, if the lines go Nash-Richards-Gaborik, Kreider-Stepan-Callahan, who's our 3rd and 4th line? 4th line is probably Asham-Boyle-Rupp, but who makes up the 3rd line? Hagelin-???-???

I don't think you've watched Nash much.

When he was playing his best hockey for Hitchcock, he was quite a 2 way player. He was an excellent player on the PK and a threat at that. For unknown reasons, Arniel wanted to keep Nash "fresh" so he took away PK time. When Nash was put back on the PK at various times last season, he was again very good at it.

Nash is very underrated defensively, so long as he's engaged in the game. Unfortunately, the last couple years he seems to give less than he's capable of giving.

Aside from just having sewn an "ANISIMOV" nameplate onto my #42 blue jersey last week, I am delighted with the deal. I really did not want them to give up Kreider, or some of the other young players already mentioned. The jersey, I won't even bother posting in "New Arrivals". Suspect they will be a glut on the market.

Aside from just having sewn an "ANISIMOV" nameplate onto my #42 blue jersey last week, I am delighted with the deal. I really did not want them to give up Kreider, or some of the other young players already mentioned. The jersey, I won't even bother posting in "New Arrivals". Suspect they will be a glut on the market.

50 bucks shipped? :P

Nash is very underrated defensively, so long as he's engaged in the game. Unfortunately, the last couple years he seems to give less than he's capable of giving.

The 2nd part of this is what worries me. Nash plays when he wants to.

And he didn't want to play for Columbus.

He wanted to play for the Rangers last season, but if they don't win the cup this year, will he still want to play for them a year from now? I'm not a fan.

And he didn't want to play for Columbus.

Actually, he didn't want to go through a rebuild. There's a difference there. This was not a Heatley-esque trade demand.

Nash loves Columbus, and Columbus loves Nash. I think you'll find over time that this is a situation where both can benefit greatly. Columbus with a new start, Nash being able to play with talented players without being 'the' guy.

My comment about how he plays is just something you notice watching the guy in person so often. As one analyst said, 'he has a lot of junior in his game' where he takes shifts off, becomes less engaged, etc. I'm sure losing wore on him, but however good he is, he shares that responsibility. I suspect that with the fresh start and Torts calling the shots, he'll condition that stuff out of Nash fairly quickly.

I'm curious to see though, how Nash will do in NY. I want him to do well, but he's had it so easy here in Columbus in terms of media and fans treating him so well. NY is going to be harsh at times, and I hope he's ready for it.

Hockey gets covered after football and basketball. The NY media isn't really that scary in hockey. Nash will be fine in New York. He is a great player. It annoys me that my Isles fan friends are pretending like it isn't a big deal. It's a pretty big deal. This could very well be the next big step for the rangers.

It must have been a tremendous burden for Rick Nash to have to actually play like a franchise player instead just being paid like one.

Good thing New York's been so easy for Gaborik, who gets paid less and produces far more.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong but I think this was the wrong move. His points to games ratio has dropped in the past few seasons and as for his defensive skill - his +/- was pretty dire last season.

As always new York overvalues their players. You need to give up something to get something and you have given up 2 3rd/2nd liners a prospect and a pick for a perennial 30 goal possibly 40 goal scorer this year. No one is trading away a top tier nhler for nothing. You guys got a hell of a deal. Stating you're weaker after this and they should "get" doan (another top tier player) for what a box of sticks and bag of pucks. Fact is that your team is better and this is what you needed, goal scoring as you guys can't score. This makes you a legit Stanley cup contender not eastern conference favorite.