Your Favorite Jersey That Doesn't Fit Your Collection

schulzmc

I was going to post this in the new arrivals thread, but decided instead to try a new thread. Do you have a jersey you love but that doesn't really fit your "collection rules"? You know - the one that when you saw it you just had to buy it, even though it didn't make any sense with the kinds of jerseys you collect? If so - how about posting a pic or two and sharing why you think that particular jersey appealed to you and said "buy me!"

Here is a new acquisition that fits that category for me. It is a game worn Knoxville Ice Bears jersey. I don't know much about it (I'm assuming a special jersey night, as this is not their normal jersey and it has very little wear) but I don't really have to know anything - I just love it. My collection rules are normally anything Blackhawks related - NHL jerseys of course, but international or all star jerseys from Hawk players, or even minor league affiliates. In my search for some older Hawks affiliate jerseys I saw this Ice Bears jersey and had to have it.

I think it is the stripes in vertical on the jersey and horizontal on the sleeves, combined with the stars across the shoulders that gives it an old school look that really grabs me. I love the two layer name and the three layer numbers, and how they look against the white name bar and the striped back. My only disappointment is the special colored Ice Bears crest, which is sown on but screen printed. All other patches are embroidered. All in all - I love this jersey and can't wait to wear it to a fourth of July party next summer.

So - how about you? What jersey do you love that has nothing to do with the rest of your collection - but you just couldn't resist it?

1f66ae40.jpg

c973307e.jpg

My collection in itself is a motley crue, having no guidelines whatsoever, however, I am now trying to focus on Islanders jerseys. With that said, the Thrashers are one of the few teams I have more than one jersey. The Thrashers are the only team aside from the Islanders where I have multiples of the same jersey. I really like(d?) Atlanta's thirds.

All are authentic except for the pre-edge road. (replica, authentic practice GC, 56 2.0s, 56 2.0, 6 1.0)

IMG_0843.jpg

My collection in itself is a motley crue, having no guidelines whatsoever, however, I am now trying to focus on Islanders jerseys. With that said, the one jersey I had to buy a couple of were these bad boys.

Picture upload fail...

My collection in itself is a motley crue, having no guidelines whatsoever, however, I am now trying to focus on Islanders jerseys. With that said, the Thrashers are one of the few teams I have more than one jersey. The Thrashers are the only team aside from the Islanders where I have multiples of the same jersey. I really like(d?) Atlanta's thirds.

Same here! I think that my Thrashers jerseys are one of the best of my collection..

DSC02048.jpg

DSC01615.jpg

Of all my jerseys, this is my favorite one I like that I'm embarrassed to own. It's just so...so... not heterosexual. Yea, that's it. Not heterosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

While I do have several Russian club team jerseys, I only have two Finnish club teams, so it's as close as not fitting as any in my collection.

2387085180100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2853259020100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

That Selanne Jokerit jersey is awesome.

I have a Detroit Tigers Al Kaline jersey. It's one of only two non-hockey jerseys I own. The other is a U.S.A. football (soccer) jersey.

I've been pretty stringent on limiting my collection to just Rangers-related jerseys - only jerseys worn by players who played for the Rangers organization at some point in their career. As much as I'd love a Dino Ciccarelli or John Leclair jersey, my rule prohibits it.

So far the only exception I have is a 1996 World Cup of Hockey Germany jersey. Being of German descent it's a favorite of mine, but no Rangers played on that team. So while I can't bear to get rid of it, I'll probably never have it customized.

wc_germany.jpg

I've been pretty stringent on limiting my collection to just Rangers-related jerseys - only jerseys worn by players who played for the Rangers organization at some point in their career. As much as I'd love a Dino Ciccarelli or John Leclair jersey, my rule prohibits it.

So far the only exception I have is a 1996 World Cup of Hockey Germany jersey. Being of German descent it's a favorite of mine, but no Rangers played on that team. So while I can't bear to get rid of it, I'll probably never have it customized.

wc_germany.jpg

I always see that thing in your signature. It's a beauty of a jersey. I love the colors.

I normally stick to my teams for all sports but there are a couple I just had to have; double tagged Gretz, CCM Sharks and totally random Inter Milan away. I am a big soccer fan but like Chelsea FC from England. I love the Inter Milan jersey since it is known as the Crusaders jersey and caused quite a stir when it was released.

DSCN1010.jpg

DSCN1043.jpg

DSCN0974.jpg

DSCN0228.jpg

Of all my jerseys, this is my favorite one I like that I'm embarrassed to own. It's just so...so... not heterosexual. Yea, that's it. Not heterosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

While I do have several Russian club team jerseys, I only have two Finnish club teams, so it's as close as not fitting as any in my collection.

2387085180100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2853259020100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

You can totally wear that today for Mardi Gras and pull it off. It is a Jokerit jersey correct? This is one of those jerseys that falls in the the category "So bad, that is good" like the "Wild Wing" and "Burger King" jerseys. Great find and it has Selanne on it to boot.

Here is a new acquisition that fits that category for me. It is a game worn Knoxville Ice Bears jersey. I don't know much about it (I'm assuming a special jersey night, as this is not their normal jersey and it has very little wear) but I don't really have to know anything - I just love it. My collection rules are normally anything Blackhawks related - NHL jerseys of course, but international or all star jerseys from Hawk players, or even minor league affiliates. In my search for some older Hawks affiliate jerseys I saw this Ice Bears jersey and had to have it.

I think it is the stripes in vertical on the jersey and horizontal on the sleeves, combined with the stars across the shoulders that gives it an old school look that really grabs me. I love the two layer name and the three layer numbers, and how they look against the white name bar and the striped back. My only disappointment is the special colored Ice Bears crest, which is sown on but screen printed. All other patches are embroidered. All in all - I love this jersey and can't wait to wear it to a fourth of July party next summer.

So - how about you? What jersey do you love that has nothing to do with the rest of your collection - but you just couldn't resist it?

1f66ae40.jpg

It's glorious! Typically over-patriotic and loud but still - wow!

DSCN0228.jpg

I know this is a hockey forum, however when I saw the jersey above posted I threw up in my mouth a little....

It should go a little more like the one below....

204448.jpgmilan-00.jpg

Thanks for the comments on the Jokerit Selanne jersey. I actually got it blank off of ebay and had EPS customize it. It should be sublimated at the time of manufacture, but since it was done after the fact, it's twill. I was really impressed with the work on the back #8. It's all one piece with windows for the drop shadow that let the color show through. Also, the Carrols patch is one of my custom made patches and the Karjala sponsorship on the back was created by EPS and is heat sealed material, while the one on the front is sublimated at the time of manufacture. First rate work all around on that one.