Someone screwed up my Fedorov Jersy's Name Spacing!!!

iggygoalie

I tried out another company, and got the Sergei Fedorv RBK CBJ 3rd Sz 52 in the mail today.....

Only to look on the back, and see this!!!!!!!!!!!!:

CAN THIS BE FIXED!?!?!?! THE SPACING MAKES IT LOOK DISGUSTING!!!!

2005196400736748162_rs.jpg

2005190692614305893_rs.jpg

2005193287161248736_rs.jpg

Boy did I learn my lesson! Icejerseys and only Icejerseys from now on!

Wow - that stinks! Should look like this: http://www.nashvillepredators.com/assets/p...11_interior.jpg

I'm sure there's a way to undo the stitching and have a new nameplate sewn on, but I'm not sure how much something like that would run you... bad luck.

Just found this site: http://www.exclusivepro.com/strippingandcustomizingPage.htm

I want to wait to hear what icejerseys has to say first, but anyone ever hear of this company before?

Man...stuff like this really burns me up. You'd like to think that somebody producing an authentic NHL jersey would go to enough trouble to at least mount the letters on the nameplate properly. That's inexcusable. You should ask for whoever sold it to you to redo it, or if it can't be redone, give you a new one. Just because they didn't take the time to do it right, doesn't mean you should have to settle for an inferior job.

Man...stuff like this really burns me up. You'd like to think that somebody producing an authentic NHL jersey would go to enough trouble to at least mount the letters on the nameplate properly. That's inexcusable. You should ask for whoever sold it to you to redo it, or if it can't be redone, give you a new one. Just because they didn't take the time to do it right, doesn't mean you should have to settle for an inferior job.

Already contacted them - said all sales were final - WTF kind of comapny is that! I spend money on an authentic and get a piece of s***. I'm just going to sell it if I can't fix it! i can't bear looking at it!

It looks as if they didn't have a long enough name bar and just tried squeezing everything on the one they had :((

Just found this site: http://www.exclusivepro.com/strippingandcustomizingPage.htm

I want to wait to hear what icejerseys has to say first, but anyone ever hear of this company before?

Yes I have heard positive things about them. Here is a link from a jersey forum I post on that gives good examples and comments of their work: Link

Yes I have heard positive things about them. Here is a link from a jersey forum I post on that gives good examples and comments of their work: Link

Wow - nothing but positive comments there - thanks for the link! So it seems they charge 10 for the nameplate removal and 20 for a new nameplate. Alright - I guess that ain't bad.

Better than having to buy a new one right? You should spread the(negative) word about whoever sold you that original. That's ridiculous.

Yeah - I probably should - it was Hockey Jersey Outlet ( http://stores.ebay.com/Hockey-Jersey-Outlet ). Avoid at all cost, even though they sell authentics for 149!

Wow - nothing but positive comments there - thanks for the link! So it seems they charge 10 for the nameplate removal and 20 for a new nameplate. Alright - I guess that ain't bad.

$10 to remove a nameplate and $20 for a new nameplate? And then a customization charge? They can't be offering authentic customization for $20? That would be... difficult to believe, so I'm assuming there's a customization charge similar to IJ's?

$10 to remove a nameplate and $20 for a new nameplate? And then a customization charge? They can't be offering authentic customization for $20? That would be... difficult to believe, so I'm assuming there's a customization charge similar to IJ's?

Well if you were to order a new CBJ jersey from them, its only a total of $47 for all cutomization ( http://www.exclusivepro.com/columbusblueja...ageFrameSet.htm ), so i believe the $20 for the new nameplate includes the letters as well.

Well if you were to order a new CBJ jersey from them, its only a total of $47 for all cutomization, so i believe the $20 for the new nameplate includes the letters as well.

That's for authentic customization? ...interesting. Positive feedback indicates only good things, but I have to wonder if the quality is as good as IJ at that discounted a price. I personally have contemplated cheaper jersey deals a few times in the past half year or so, because - let's face it - just about every kind of expense, be it a necessity or leisurely want or activity, comes before jersey collecting when you're on a budget, but I've found I'd rather save my money and make fewer purchases and spend whatever higher price necessary to ensure the quality of Ice Jerseys customization because of stories like this one. This brings up an interesting question though about the workings of the jersey and customization business, but I don't want to bring it up here. I'll just ask Wolf since it's more a matter of personal curiosity.

That's for authentic customization? ...interesting. Positive feedback indicates only good things, but I have to wonder if the quality is as good as IJ at that discounted a price. I personally have contemplated cheaper jersey deals a few times in the past half year or so, because - let's face it - just about every kind of expense, be it a necessity or leisurely want or activity, comes before jersey collecting when you're on a budget, but I've found I'd rather save my money and make fewer purchases and spend whatever higher price necessary to ensure the quality of Ice Jerseys customization because of stories like this one. This brings up an interesting question though about the workings of the jersey and customization business, but I don't want to bring it up here. I'll just ask Wolf since it's more a matter of personal curiosity.

I am as curious as you are. I am tempted to purchase a jersey there to compare it to an icejerseys jersey. If it is the same quality, it makes me wonder how much companies like RCS, Icejerseys, NHLShop, etc are raping us on the cost of customization.

Well yeah that isn't a good job. NHL.com messed up my Avs jersey, name plate isn't quality in my opinion on top of forgetting to stitch some numbers...retards.

As far as costs for customizing...that's kind of loaded because out in the market $90 CDN for customizing is pretty standard. The only places I find that are reduced are the ones that operate a small shop with a couple of staff.

Regardless, sorry to hear about your jersey, I know how you feel exactly.

With the quality, and customer service I've received from IJ, I'm not at all hesitant to pay their prices, especially when taking into consideration how in line they are with most of their legitimate competitors and how much better the quality has been from what I've seen.

A friend of mine ordered a Sabres jersey and found that they forgot to stitch part of the back number down when he ordered from nhl.com. Our own member, Finny, ordered another jersey from nhl.com and found the same thing. Another friend ordered a Chris Drury jersey this year that did not come with a "C" or "A". Granted, he may have forgotten to select it in the drop down box when ordering, but the people at NHL shop should be fully aware of the fact that Drury is a captain and the friend simply made the mistake of assuming that they would acknowledge that fact.

All in all however, I have never heard of such problems with Ice Jerseys - and their knowledgeable staff double checks the spelling of player's names and makes sure to get numbers and captain statuses correct. When I'm spending $200+, I'd rather spend $270 and be nothing but excited and confident with regards to the quality of the jersey I'll soon be receiving, rather than spend $230 or $240 somewhere else and be uncertain about the quality I'll be receiving everyday until it arrives. I feel like once you're dealing in the sums associated with authentic jerseys, saving $40 or so, is insignificant. Sure, after 5 or 6 jerseys, the money saved would equal another entire jersey, but I'm willing to pay that extra bit each time for my sanity and confidence in the quality of the product - plus if there ever is a problem, I know Ice Jerseys will take care of me and rectify it.

Edit: Speak of the devil! As I mention Finny in my post, he responds to tell his own tale of woe. There's the evidence. :wink: