Flyers Font

JohnnyOnTheSpot

Oh for the jerseys I sold to you? PE is doing those, they do them for the team so I'm expecting them to be exact.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getty was useless for me as well. Glad I could help you out :) Yea man, are you doing all 6? I mean it's steep, but that group is stellar. Giroux is going to be a friggin' superstar, and Jagr is...Jagr.

I'm planning on getting all six. Tough thing will be deciding what to get signed. I have a few blank Czech jerseys I can do up, a Jagr Pens jersey, or Combat stick to choose from for Jagr. Still looking to get a Flyer jersey for Giroux, or I may just go with the Phantoms jersey I just got. I want to get a Bauer Vapor stick if I can to get Giroux to sign that as well. He's relatively cheap still so I think I should take advantage of it. I will likely get a McFarlane for Briere. Then pucks for Simmonds, JVR and Read. Man, it's gonna be expensive!

Oh for the jerseys I sold to you? PE is doing those, they do them for the team so I'm expecting them to be exact.

Great will have to get that together as well

I'm planning on getting all six. Tough thing will be deciding what to get signed. I have a few blank Czech jerseys I can do up, a Jagr Pens jersey, or Combat stick to choose from for Jagr. Still looking to get a Flyer jersey for Giroux, or I may just go with the Phantoms jersey I just got. I want to get a Bauer Vapor stick if I can to get Giroux to sign that as well. He's relatively cheap still so I think I should take advantage of it. I will likely get a McFarlane for Briere. Then pucks for Simmonds, JVR and Read. Man, it's gonna be expensive!

We will have to meet I am doing the same show ,Johnny is getting me a #8 to have singed not enough time to have the jersey done up and Jagr I have a few things Cup picture ,Hart Picture ,Pittsburgh jersey , All star jersey and one more the rest of the boys pictures and #28 will load up as you say he is cheap know

• 2 weeks later...

Since there are so many Flyers collectors here who have issues due to the complexity of Flyers' customization, I think it would be a great idea to have this thread pinned somewhere, either here or possibly in the Jerseys 101 section, where there is already a pinned thread on "NHL Team Customizers." After all the excellent work JohnnyOnTheSpot did here, it would be a shame to have this thread get lost as it gets bumped down into oblivion, which is unfortunately where it was headed before today. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Just got my jersey back from Rubertis....I am in shock about the job. I don't know if it's correct or not. Can any one help? I can email a picture to help!

PM sent

Just got my jersey back from Rubertis....I am in shock about the job.

Dude, I just sent a jersey to Ruberti's this very morning. What happened, to put you in a state of shock? I gots to know!

Here is the pic Mnwildfan7000 sent me...

jersey.jpg

The kit is spot on, so I wouldn't worry LAK74

Here is why I was in shock. When I sent the jersey to them, I sent it in a standard 12x9x4 (all inches) box. Not thinking they would reuse the box to ship it back to me. Well they did, know the saying? 5 lbs of poo in a 1 lb bag. Needless to say the back numbers were creased. So it looked awful. But once some wisdom in the form of rob77ta showed up and lent some insight, I ironed out the wrinkles. Not it looks fantastic. You will be pleased with their work. Good bunch of people over there.

So it was just the crappy packaging that put you in shock. I thought they customized it as a Rangers jersey or something like that. (j/k) Well, I'm glad it turned out OK for you!

The kit is spot on, so I wouldn't worry LAK74

Thanks! Actually I sent them very specific information (provided courtesy of JohnnyOnTheSpot) so I'm hoping things will turn out just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks for all the amazing info as it pointed me in the right direction for customizing my Flyers WC jersey. I noticed you had mentioned that PE does the Phantoms jerseys. I picked up a home and away (the same style as your Giroux) a few weeks back and was wondering if PE was still the place to go to for customizing them. I just wasn't sure if you were meaning the "newer" Adirondack Phantoms or the Philadelphia Phantoms. I didn't really notice a font difference on their similar style jerseys, but I figured I'd ask. Thanks!

I noticed you had mentioned that PE does the Phantoms jerseys. I picked up a home and away (the same style as your Giroux) a few weeks back and was wondering if PE was still the place to go to for customizing them.

If you have an older Phantoms (around 2008), then I think Ruberti's is the place to go for the right font(s) and the correct nameplate material.

Correct, if your Phantoms jersey has purple in it (ignore the logo), go to Ruberti's!

;) I'm totally the Flyers fairy...in both ways :(

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, quick question. The funky font worn for 2 games...I know someone here knows the history because I've seen it before but can't find it, can anyone refresh my memory? I know the font was an homage, but not exactly the history of the history. Thanks!

Hey John,

The tall peaked #1 and square #2 according to most collectors began during the late 72-73 season. The jerseys continued to be customized by the same company in the beginning of the 73-74 season but midway through the season the team switched the lettering house again and they produced jerseys with regular shaped #1 and an angled #2. So, my thoughts are that when the Flyers introduced the retro jersey, they were paying homage to the 73-74 team even though those #'s were worn in late 72-73 as well. By the way, looks like Pro League Authentics on ebay has created a Hartnell using this style. I think they work with Ruberti's. Looks nice but wouldn't fit my little finger! Size 50 bah....

Hartnell retro font