Forsberg to Nashville? It's Official.

Mach_9

I actually don't think luck has a lot to do with it. Those guys know what they're doing and it's showing now that the team is clicking.

I'm surprised that the Preds have actually lost two in a row since acquiring Forsberg. I watched most the game last night and they looked very sluggish.

Forsberg was only dressed for the loss last night - he didn't play the day after the trade, but there's a lot of Nashville fans saying that the reason they dropped Foppa's debut was because Trottier mixed up the lines a TON and played a lot of guys with new partners to try and get an idea of where Forsberg's going to fit. I guess they're blaming the loss on chemistry, basically, but it does make some sense. Hopefully they'll bounce back and prove that it was just that, otherwise it would be really interesting to see them hit a cold streak right after their blockbuster deal.

Yep, they are too good not to.

The one thing I'll say for that team is that they were built really well. They sacrificed their first few seasons to build their team for the future. That's one of the things that made me take notice to the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. I became a fan of them watching them get guys like Giguere, Vishnevsky, Sami Pahlsson, Petr Tenkrat, and remember Maxim Balmochynkh? The latter two didn't fare well, but the first three made me take notice and become a fan.

The one thing I'll say for that team is that they were built really well. They sacrificed their first few seasons to build their team for the future. That's one of the things that made me take notice to the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. I became a fan of them watching them get guys like Giguere, Vishnevsky, Sami Pahlsson, Petr Tenkrat, and remember Maxim Balmochynkh? The latter two didn't fare well, but the first three made me take notice and become a fan.

That's the way to build a team you just have to hope the fans are understanding.

They made some good acquisitions in this decade, namely Niedermayer, Pronger and Selanne. They drafted well and have a solid foundation with Getzlaf, Kunitz and Perry. Of course I remember Balmochnykh, how can ya forget that name? :) I was surprised to see Tenkrat scoring the winning goal for the Bruins in the shootout the other night, I didn't know he was still in the NHL.