Goon....

RageATheM

So I've been debating going to see this movie for a few weeks now, and I know now I must go see it tonight. I know it looks like it could be over the top and not so good BUT I just found out there is a very large local connection to this movie. It is based on a player that actually played for the Moncton Hawks!! Doug Smith, it's based on the book "Goon: The True Story of an Unlikely Journey into Minor League Hockey". I couldn't believe it, I'll give it my review when I get back from it tonight (have heard some good things about it from people who don't watch hockey)

51xOrrt2IUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It was On-Demand pay per view and I watched it with a buddy of mine Friday night.

It had so much potential but they really made the main character (Sean William Scott AKA Doug Glatt) a meat head.

Most tough guys I know are pretty quick witted and they painted him as a moron.

Also, could have gone to any rink and found better skaters to be in it.

I was however impressed with Liev Schreiber, he was about the only one who looked like he's ever skated before.

It's worth watching once but I've probably seen enough of it to skip it next time.

Bob's call 4 out of 10 stars.

So went and saw it last night, was pretty impressed. Not going to win an Oscar by any means but was a good entertaining movie. Nice a vulgar (how I like my comedies) and during the credits they showed some of the original footage/fights from Doug Smith. I'd give it a 7/10, worth seeing especialy if you have a cheap night like we do here ($5.99 Tuesdays)