Bands you have seen live

oiler99

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I think this is supposed to be the last tour for many reasons.

Interesting...other than age, what else is up?

I know this doesn't sit well with most other Rush fans but their best work, to me, has been their last five albums.

:noway:

(Counterparts was very very good. This I will give you.)

Edited by Cygnus X-1

Guest Dr_Puck

1993 was a wonderful year for music, and Counterparts was a strong album then. I am actually astounded at how much great music came out that year.

Counterparts yes but Test for Echo, Vapor Trails and Snakes & Arrows are all great post-synth, hard driving Rush recordings.

• 1 month later...

dug Pinnick and Corey Glover are going on tour this spring to play tunes from their respective bands. Should be a fun show to catch.

They're awesome. Both come from such talented, underrated bands.

My band opened up for Dug's side project "Pound Hound" a couple of times.

I figure this is as good a thread as any to make my first post in! I'm going to try to remember this is chronological order:

HFStival 2000:

SR-71

Godsmack

Cypress Hill

Third Eye Blind

Harley-Davidson 100th Anniversary Open Road Tour:

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Give Me Ed... 'Til I'm Dead Tour:

Motorhead

Dio

Iron Maiden

Rockstar Mayhem Festival 2008:

The Red Chord

Airbourne

Mastodon

Dragonforce

Disturbed

Slipknot

Rockstar Uproar Festival 2010:

Avenged Sevenfold w/ Mike Portnoy

Disturbed

Trivium & In Flames North American 2012 Tour:

Kyng

Veil of Maya

Trivium

In Flames

Shindig Festival 2014:

Halestorm

Clutch

Rise Against

Wow, what a treat it was to hear Reckless played live in its entirety. The album is a bona fide 80's classic. Bryan Adams has a lot of great 90's songs as well, like 18 til I Die and When You're Gone. One of the best nights ever.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saw negative approach and ceremony. Actually saw ceremony twice 2nd show was at a local record shop hardest pit ive ever seen in a book section. Going To h2o 2oth anniversary show next weekend along with onexchoice. Also have rush coming up this summer 3rd time. Also shared the stage with Bane and backtrack a few months ago.

Edited by Milo23

Guest Dr_Puck

Seeing Rush on Wednesday. Always wish I had one of the Rush official baseball jerseys or even a knockoff Rush hockey jersey that I have seen online.

I have a baseball jersey from the snakes and arrows tour!!!

Too many to list them all, but here's a sample:

Grateful Dead (lots)

Phish (lots)

String Cheese Incident (lots)

Rolling Stones

The Who

Yes

Crosby Stills Nash (and sometimes Young)

Van Halen

AC/DC

Metallica

Guns N Roses

Rush

Aerosmith

Eric Clapton

Elton John

Queen

Peter Gabriel

Umphrey's McGee

Sound Tribe Sector 9

Just saw H2O for the 2nd time along with cruel hand, done dying and onexchoice 2nd time also

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my list:

Vertical Horizon

Barenaked Ladies

The Who

Queensryche

Judas Priest

Roger Waters (3 times)

The Cars

Paul McCartney

Peter Bjorn and John

Richard Marx

Van Halen

Depeche Mode

U2

TSO

Blue Oyster Cult

That's just all I can think of off the top of my head. Eventually want to go see Rush in concert as well. If Bowie ever tours again I would go see him in a heartbeat.

Edited by Devilsguy

• 7 months later...

Hey hooligans! Almost forgot about this place, thought I'd drop in and see what's going on after quite a long time. I guess i'll randomly update an old thread like a toolbox!

My original list:

Beastie Boys (first concert, it was AWESOME)
Megadeth/Children of Bodom/In Flames (Gingatour)
AC/DC!
The Answer (opened for AC/DC, and they've become one of my favorite bands)
Saliva
Creed
Jethro Tull
RUSH x2
Disturbed/Korn/Sevendust (Music as a Weapon)
Motley Crue
Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper coming up in June

Add to that:

Fleetwood Mac

Joe Walsh & Bob Seger

Slash with Myles Kennedy

Aerosmith

Black Sabbath

Queen with Adam Lambert (awesome!)

Motley Crue X2 (in addition to the first time)

AC/DC for the 2nd time and soon to be 3rd

Nightwish X3, once with Kamelot, twice with Delain, once with Sabaton and the most recent was Friday at Starland on opening night with Sonata Arctica.

The Sheepdogs with Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown, who are opening for AC/DC on this tour.

Epica

All That Remains with Devour The Day, Audiotopsy and Sons of Texas

Graveyard and Spiders

This Saturday I'm at the Sumerian Records 10th Anniversary show with Born of Osiris and Veil of Maya, among others. 3/1 I'll be at Helloween, 3/3 I'm either at The Struts or Wolfmother, 3/6 is Killswitch, 3/8 is Cradle of Filth, and 3/17 might be Megadeth with Children of Bodom.

Fun fact: I'm in the photo business now, and one of the things I do is live music photography. All the bands listed above with dates next to them are shows I'm covering, and consequently seeing for free. I was also lucky enough to photograph Nightwish at Starland on opening night, along with the ATR, Graveyard, Epica and Sheepdogs shows. I might be covering AC/DC on closing night at MSG as well.

Hope all the old guard around here is doing well, I still get emails from the threads I followed way back when; maybe I'll check in from time to time.

Edited by DropkickMurphy8

I saw Foo Fighters back in September. They're the only entry on my list.

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST... three hours of my life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rush, Kings X, and Maiden are always awesome. I've seen each of them at least a dozen times.

My old band opened up for Kings X at L'Amours in Brooklyn, and Dug hit on my guitar player. We still don't let him live that down to this very day.

Dug's a good dude. Always gracious with fans and he's still cranking out great music at 60+. Look up Goldilox in Charlotte NC from 2013 on the YouTube. He suffered an injury toward the end of the show and we all sang along to that song when he couldn't sing. Great stuff.

He did the same thing at L'Amours. They did that a lot for their encores.

Edited by thebiggoalie

• 2 months later...

Saw Slipknot last summer with Lamb of God and BFMV. I really enjoyed that show.

Also saw blink 182 on GMA the other day. They played 5 songs. Strangely was worth being on a train to NYC at 4 am to get to the City in time for it. Skiba was alright, but he is no Tom.

Edited by NYIJM29

6 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

Saw Slipknot last summer with Lamb of God and BFMV. I really enjoyed that show.

Also saw blink 182 on GMA the other day. They played 5 songs. Strangely was worth being on a train to NYC at 4 am to get to the City in time for it. Skiba was alright, but he is no Tom.

Slipknot and Manson were solid. Of Mice & Men didn't really do much for me though. I've got 311 and possibly Coldplay next weekend; working on getting the Disturbed/Breaking Benjamin/Alter Bridge/Saint Asonia show at the end of the month, along with Carnival of Madness, Volbeat, Goo Goo Dolls and Blink 182. Might also see about Korn/Rob Zombie/In This Moment in Jersey.

Best part is I won't pay for any of those shows.