Bands you have seen live

oiler99

10 hours ago, DropkickMurphy8 said:

Slipknot and Manson were solid. Of Mice & Men didn't really do much for me though. I've got 311 and possibly Coldplay next weekend; working on getting the Disturbed/Breaking Benjamin/Alter Bridge/Saint Asonia show at the end of the month, along with Carnival of Madness, Volbeat, Goo Goo Dolls and Blink 182. Might also see about Korn/Rob Zombie/In This Moment in Jersey.

Best part is I won't pay for any of those shows.

Im definitely thinking about the Disturbed show. I really am into Saint Asonia. Breaking Benjamin was great when I saw them back in Sept. I heard Disturbed is meh live. That's a good list of shows. Im definitely going to be at blink at Jones. Possibly Barclays as well.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

Im definitely thinking about the Disturbed show. I really am into Saint Asonia. Breaking Benjamin was great when I saw them back in Sept. I heard Disturbed is meh live. That's a good list of shows. Im definitely going to be at blink at Jones. Possibly Barclays as well.

I saw Disturbed once before the hiatus, but everything I've heard about them on their current tour is that they're killing it. I missed Breaking Benjamin on their acoustic tour earlier this year, so catching them with Disturbed and Alter Bridge would be cool as hell. I really only go to shows I'm attending as media now, so I can't really complain if a band isn't good because the label comps my tickets. Either way I'm sure it'll be a good show, Disturbed might even sound better outdoors because a lot of the smaller indoor venues aren't really mic'd well for a show that loud.

Example: Megadeth in 2008. My ears still ring from that. Speaking of, they're announcing another North American tour with Amon Amarth, Metal Church and Havok tomorrow.

Edited by DropkickMurphy8

Was that Megadeth show on the Gigantour festival? They blew my eardrums out with the canon firing. I've opened for a LOT of bands back in the day, but that was indeed the loudest f@cking show I've ever witnessed. 

16 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Was that Megadeth show on the Gigantour festival? They blew my eardrums out with the canon firing. I've opened for a LOT of bands back in the day, but that was indeed the loudest f@cking show I've ever witnessed. 

I don't believe so, it was at Hammerstein Ballroom

On 7/12/2016 at 3:09 PM, CJ Matthews said:

I don't believe so, it was at Hammerstein Ballroom

No, it definitely was Gigantour. I still have my shirt somewhere, they were on with In Flames, Children of Bodom, Job for a Cowboy and High on Fire, who surprisingly have a pretty large following now.

As far as doing something about the noise level in small venues when you want to be close to the stage and not lose your hearing, I highly recommend Earasers. They're hi-fi musicians earplugs; I use them in the photo pit when I'm shooting because I'm right next to the main. They're awesome, they drown out the amps and speakers just enough that my ears don't ring and I can still enjoy the show while I'm shooting.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2016 at 11:52 AM, NYIJM29 said:

Did you make it to Disturbed?

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen Shinedown three times (was a big fan back in high school), Goo Goo Dolls/Matchbox 20, Deep Purple, but my all-time favorite was easily Iron Maiden. Arguably my all-time favorite band and I'd see them again in a heartbeat. Granted it was the one time they didn't play any of their classics really (they were promoting a new album at the time), it was still an awesome show.

On 8/28/2016 at 3:17 PM, Skubie-Doo said:

I've seen Shinedown three times (was a big fan back in high school), Goo Goo Dolls/Matchbox 20, Deep Purple, but my all-time favorite was easily Iron Maiden. Arguably my all-time favorite band and I'd see them again in a heartbeat. Granted it was the one time they didn't play any of their classics really (they were promoting a new album at the time), it was still an awesome show.

Shinedown is awesome live, I photographed them on Carnival of Madness last month. Same with Goo Goo Dolls. Shinedown is doing an arena tour later this year with FFDP and Sixx AM, that's gonna be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2016 at 9:07 PM, DropkickMurphy8 said:

Shinedown is awesome live, I photographed them on Carnival of Madness last month. Same with Goo Goo Dolls. Shinedown is doing an arena tour later this year with FFDP and Sixx AM, that's gonna be awesome.

That's incredible you got to shoot their concert. And I had no idea about the upcoming tour. Thanks for the heads-up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/12/2016 at 11:58 PM, Skubie-Doo said:

That's incredible you got to shoot their concert. And I had no idea about the upcoming tour. Thanks for the heads-up.

Got to do it again lol. On the their tour with FFDP and Sixx AM in NJ. Great show, lots of pyro.

Wait, I just realized you said shoot. You a photographer?

I haven't been to a concert in a long time.  But, I am a huge dork and kept track of the bands I saw in the 90s :D  I've also seen Steve Miller Band, Tori Amos and Dave Matthews Band but I can't for the life of me remember the dates.

Headliner Opening Venue Date
DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince Technotronic, Biz Markie Valley Forge Music Fair 3/23/1990
Jesus Jones Stereo MCs Hollinger Field House, WCU 4/25/1993
Spindoctors Soul Asylum, Screaming Trees Mann Music Center 7/11/1993
Lollapalooza 1993 Alice in Chains, Primus, Tool, RATM JFK Stadium 7/18/1993
Aerosmith Collective Soul The Spectrum 9/17/1993
Rage Against The Machine Quicksand Trocadero 11/3/1993
Nine Inch Nails Marilyn Manson, Jim Rose circus The Spectrum 12/11/1994
Tom Petty ? First Union Center 10/1/1999
Rage Against The Machine Gang Starr The Spectrum 12/6/1999
Korn Staind The Spectrum 4/9/2000
Nine Inch Nails A Perfect Circle The Spectrum 5/6/2000

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, gwarjis said:

I did! Awesome show! Ghost was aight... kinda boring though.

A Matter of Life and Death Tour was my first concert and I've been to every Chicago show since.

Awesome! I thought so as well. I’ve seen ghost headline it was a little more interesting! That was my buddies first maiden show and like you he hasn’t missed them since. My first was the give me ed till I’m dead tour in 2003 and I haven’t missed them since! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I went to Cal Jam last year. I saw Garbage, Iggy Pop, Tenacious D, Greta Van Fleet and Foo Fighters while there. I also saw Joan Jett perform a few songs for the Nirvana reunion encore at the end of the festival.

• 1 month later...