Bands you have seen live

oiler99

Upcoming shows

Weezer (fifth show I will see) May 31 or June 1..didnt decide which day yet. Bro and I are going

LMFAO June 26thish (maybe...if I can find someone to go with)

Drake Summer month (if tickets come down in price)

System of a Down August 5

On a side note, if The Offspring announce a tour soon, I will go see them

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Radiohead tickets @ downsview park for my B-day from the girl friend!

Upcoming shows

Weezer (fifth show I will see) May 31 or June 1..didnt decide which day yet. Bro and I are going

LMFAO June 26thish (maybe...if I can find someone to go with)

Drake Summer month (if tickets come down in price)

System of a Down August 5

On a side note, if The Offspring announce a tour soon, I will go see them

I'm disappointed that I can't go see Drake because it's the same day as my friend's wedding /sarcasm/ - wouldn't see that crap if I was given front row tickets. On other note, when the hell did SOAD get back together and where are they playing? And The Offspring legitimately might tour? I might have to see them. I know Linkin Park just announced a tour but there's no NYC dates, which better change.

Anyway, you can add RUSH at Barclays to my concerts for the year, in addition to Maiden and Motley/KISS. Tickets go on sale Friday and it'll be the third time seeing them. I also just got a text from a friend asking if I wanna see Rammstein on Saturday but I don't know if I can/want to do that.

I'm disappointed that I can't go see Drake because it's the same day as my friend's wedding /sarcasm/ - wouldn't see that crap if I was given front row tickets. On other note, when the hell did SOAD get back together and where are they playing? And The Offspring legitimately might tour? I might have to see them.

Eh Drake is ite.

SOAD got back together last year--they went on an international/left coast tour. This year they are coming to the east! They are doing PNC/Philly/LI-Jones Beach/etc

The Offspring are releasing a single Friday, album early in the summer. They said they would tour when the new CD comes out (which makes sense to promote the album)

Eh Drake is ite.

SOAD got back together last year--they went on an international/left coast tour. This year they are coming to the east! They are doing PNC/Philly/LI-Jones Beach/etc

The Offspring are releasing a single Friday, album early in the summer. They said they would tour when the new CD comes out (which makes sense to promote the album)

If Offspring tours I'll probably add that to my to-do list, depending on how the album sounds. I was never really HUGE on Offspring, but if the new material is worth hearing I might pay to see them. I'm still waiting for Beastie Boys to come around again, and I can't wait for next year when AC/DC tours for their 40th anniversary.

:rolleyes:

the tales i could tell!!

in a previous life i did personal security for everyone from Bette Midler(b****),Beach Boys,Kiss,VH,Aerosmith, John Mellencamp,Monsters of Rock tour,Courtney Love (waisted out of her mind)..etc

:thumbsup:

ha I like metal, hardcore etc more than I like hockey I dont think theres even enough characters in here to list them all...

Meshuggah, Cannibal Corpse, Bane, Behemoth, Cave In, Suffocation, Napalm Death, Immolation + 10,000 more but as it stands I havent seen a show in about 2 years since I last saw Corpse or Opeth, not sure what was most recent

ha I like metal, hardcore etc more than I like hockey I dont think theres even enough characters in here to list them all...

Meshuggah, Cannibal Corpse,

My friends and I do Cannibal Corpse lyric read alouds in public places all of the time!

Meshuggah, Cannibal Corpse, Bane, Behemoth, Cave In, Suffocation, Napalm Death, Immolation + 10,000 more but as it stands I havent seen a show in about 2 years since I last saw Corpse or Opeth, not sure what was most recent

I must be old, I've never heard of any of those bands.

I got to party/hang with nashvill p***y and Deaner from Fubar this week in Kitchener. There music sucks but the chicks are HOT. so are their chick fans!!

My friend gave Deaner a chunk of "Mind Chocolate" and he was blown away. He is %100 the same as he is in the film!

good times.

Here's some of my more memorable shows:

Decemberists (x11)

Dave Matthews Band (x30 since 2005 and x5 this upcoming summer)

An Evening with Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds

Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park on summer Sanitarium 2003

Disturbed (x3 .. once on Ozzfest)

System of a Down (x2 .. once on Ozzfest)

Of Monsters and Men

Guster

Neil Diamond (x4)

HIM (x2)

Wye Oak

Dispatch

Foo Fighters (Pat Smear broke his guitar in front of my face and then handed it to me)

The Head and the Heart

Blackthorn

Alice in Chains

Velvet Revolver

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals

Trombone Shorty

Godsmack

Staind

3 Doors Down

Umphrey's McGee

I really need some help (I set myself up here, feel free to take as many shots, as long as you help idc). Which of the following is the best place to sit for a concert at the Jones Beach theater? High center (7R/9L, row J-ish), Slightly lower than high, but off to the side a bit (5L Row D), or down low way off to the side (Orch H, row UU/VV)? Thanks in advance! This is for a System of a Down concert. All of the tickets are $80

The lower the better there or towards the middle. Never go higher, the wind can kill the sound...

Thanks! This was the view of the stage from the lower seats way off to the side (we had two seats off the aisle). The ones I am looking at are going to be a couple of rows back than this. Still good? I can get dead center, but I would need to move to the upper deck. Edit: This is with an 8x ish zoom (I think). This was the Flaming Lips. I seriously did not like their performance...and I am a person who has seen Smash Mouth (2010 has been Smash Mouth), Sugar Ray (2010 has been Sugar Ray), and We the Kings.

IMG_7805.jpg

Thanks Josh! I just bought the last pair of tickets in the Orchestra! Just checked Stubhub, first comes to worse, it looks like I can ask $175 a ticket! (I might not be able to go...my brother is in podiatry school and does not know his August schedule yet, but I didnt want to risk losing the tickets.)

I generally always sit up top at Jones. I've never had an issue, the only time I've been closer than the Mezz is when I upgraded my seat at Jethro Tull for 10 bucks, and I was in the first section behind the orchestra. Honestly, the "good" seats are way too expensive and there's only one band I'd pay that much to see. Most of the bands that play Jones Beach are bands I wouldn't pay more than 60 bucks to see.

The only band I've ever paid more than 70 bucks to see was AC/DC, and that was at MSG and it was totally worth it. They're my favorite band, so obviously I wanted to have good seats when I saw them and 120 wasn't a big deal to sit in section 42. I paid 60 for Motley last year and 60 for Kiss/Motley this year, plus I think 40 for Iron Maiden. I'll be all the way up, but I'll also be center stage.

I have no idea what is good for concerts. I usually pay $60-80 to see Weezer. I paid $75 for the SOAD tickets...I thought that was cheap! I was expecting $100+.

Jones Beach prices are usually pretty cheap, 40-60 for anything above orchestra. Like I said though, I wouldn't pay more than 60 bucks to see anyone besides AC/DC.

I must be old, I've never heard of any of those bands.

Finally, someone who feels as lost as me while reading this thread, LOL!

Jones Beach prices are usually pretty cheap, 40-60 for anything above orchestra. Like I said though, I wouldn't pay more than 60 bucks to see anyone besides AC/DC.

Gotcha. I am in the Orchestra, so I think that is good.

Can we change this to the Concerts/music thread? Broaden the topics that we can discuss in an OT thread.

Finally, someone who feels as lost as me while reading this thread, LOL!

Just don't look up the lyrics to Cannibal Corpse songs (if you are easily disgusted). If you like disgusting things, look them up

• 3 weeks later...

System of a Down babe!