Bands you have seen live

oiler99

Hayseed Dixie (YouTube them if you've never heard of them)

LOL! I remember when they first popped up, I heard about them on Opie and Anthony back when they were on what used to be WNEW here in NY, their first album was A Hillbilly Tribute to AC/DC.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see if I can remember them all dating back to the mid 80's....

Journey, Hall and Oats, David Bowie, The Police, Joan Jett, The Outfield, Guns n Roses, Steve Winwood, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra, Brian Adams, Jackson Browne, Paul McCartney, Boston, Cars ,Genesis, Chicago, Phil Collins, Big Audio Dynamite, Freddy Jones Band, U2, John Cougar, Kiss, New Order, The Cure, Live, Depeche Mode, Blues Travelor, Johnny Lang, Big Head Todd, Cowboy Mouth, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Jars of Clay, Stone Temple Pilots, Tonic, Matchbox 20, Sheryl Crow, The Wallflowers, Brian Setzer, Incubus, The Offspring, Switchfoot, Better than Ezra, Three Days Grace, Goldfinger, Robert Cray Band, Breaking Benjamin, Dishwalla, Earl Greyhound, David Gray, Dave Matthews Band, Kenny Loggins, Bare Naked Ladies, Hoobastank, Lincoln Park, Prodigy, Sting (5 times), Crowded House, Fall out Boy, The Police (Reunion), New Found Glory, Athenaeum, Peter Yorn, The Last Goodnight, Foo Fighters, and Green Day,

I have a head ache now from thinking so hard...

Pretty impressive list...Are you in Finland?

Okay, my list is all over the place. Different shows due to different circumstances...

In chronological order...

Tina Turner, Cyndi Lauper

Ray Charles

Bryan Adams

Kiss

Tom Petty

Kiss, Skid Row, Ted Nugent

Kiss, Saliva, Poison

Billy Joel

Celine Dion

Cracker, Los Lobos

Kiss, Aerosmith

Chris Isaak, Natalie Merchant

Billy Joel, Elton John

Queen and Paul Rodgers

Kiss, Buck Cherry

Styx, Yes

Chris Isaak

Terri Nunn and Berlin

Cheap Trick & Aerosmith

Funniest moment of any show was when Paul Stanley threw his guitar up in the air and tried to catch it. It came down and cracked him on the head.

I added two more to the list over the past few weeks...

Modern English (they filmed the performance for a television program)

Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo

Hootie and the Blowfish

The Temptations/ The Four Tops

Spectrum-a Motown Review group

Trans-Siberian Orchestra- '07 '08 '09 '10 '11

Chicago/Earth, Wind, & Fire

George Strait/ Reba

Elton John/ Billy Joel

Star Wars in Concert

The Eagles

Rush

The Temptations

Shinedown/ Three Days Grace w/ P.O.D.

Plus I have played in many concerts over 11 years.

I've also played with numerous famous musicians, mostly jazz ones.

Just got my ticket to see Brit Floyd on the 28th! I have been watching a lot of their videos, looks and sounds amazing! I have seen Roger Waters live once, but this will be the closest to a full Pink Floyd show that's possible to get.

I am definitely looking forward to the 10th. Heading down to Austin for the Iron Maiden and Megadeth show, my 2 favorite bands on 1 ticket, gonna be amazing.

Just saw Muse for the 4th time yesterday at the Consol Energy Center! Played a song they never played in the States too. Muse always puts on a f*cking good show. And Cage the Elephant was awesome too!

• 2 weeks later...

On the top of my head (not gonna name em all):

Motörhead (12 times)
Danko Jones (about 5 times)

Metallica (3 times, with Jason on bass)

Anthrax (3 times)

Fear Factory (3 times)

Sick Of It All (2 times)

Zeke (2 times)

Sepultura (2 times)

KISS (2 times with Ace on guitar)

Backyard Babies (2 times)

AC/DC (2 times)

Rolling Stones

Down

Suicidal Tendencies

The Wildhearts

Alicia Keys

Oasis

Hatebreed

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my ticket to see CHUCK BERRY! I am stoked. The guy may be 87 years old, but its great that he still gets up on stage. Finally a chance to see the man who started it all!

Four days later it¨s Woodstock Night with Canned Heat (Woodstock lineup minus Bob Hite and Alan Wilson) + support Hot Tuna (with Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady from Jefferson Airplane).

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Coheed and Cambria in Huntington LI on Tues at the Paramore. Cool venue- by the bar they had 3 screens: 2 with hockey and 1 with the band. And CoCa played a great set too.

I think you mean the Paramount lol. Paramore, garbage. I'm still trying to get tickets to see The Eagles in a couple weeks, and I'm also considering seeing Halestorm just because Lizzy Hale has a great voice.

Halestorm was good. Saw them at Filmore Irving Plaza as an opening act for somebody else before they were even popular. I think I have a bracelet she threw into the crowd somewhere on the black hole that is my desk.

I think you mean the Paramount lol. Paramore, garbage.

Yes. If you've been there, is it weird to you to have a venue smack in the middle of posh shops and well-off jerks/people?

Halestorm was good. Saw them at Filmore Irving Plaza as an opening act for somebody else before they were even popular. I think I have a bracelet she threw into the crowd somewhere on the black hole that is my desk.

Was it for Shinedown? I was at that show and her and the rest if the band started playing drums together towards the end of their set. It was cool, but was kind of a waste of time when you're opening for a much bigger act in hopes of gaining popularity. Your time is precious when you're an opening act.

It might have been but I honestly can't remember. I feel like I've seen Shinedown but the only place I can remember seeing them was at the Best Buy theater in times square. I've seen too many concerts to keep track of.

Agreed. I've seen so many, it's easier to just say if I didn't see a band. I've seen Shinedown at least a dozen times as well.

They're finally doing a headline tour playing Terminal 5 the day after Thanksgiving. I hate standing room only shows, which is why I haven't been to the Hammerstein since I got a free ticket to see Disturbed and Korn in 2011, but I might have to go since I've been wanting to see them since the first time I heard I Miss The Misery and I know they'll never play a venue with seating unless it's with somebody not worth seeing. I would have just seen them over the summer when they toured with 3 Doors Down and Daughtry had they been opening for them at Jones Beach, but the closest show Halestorm was on was in Syracuse which is also why I ended up not seeing 3 Doors Down. Plus I think it was the hottest day of the year too.

In other news, you see Roseland is closing? :(

I was at the 3DD and Daughtry show at the beach and actually had a good time. I wasn't expecting much from the show, but had no idea Ed kowalczyk was opening, and he was awesome, even though his sound sucked. The rest of the show was pretty good too.

I saw that about Roseland. I saw Pantera and Machinehead there. Also saw dream theater, a perfect circle, and a dozen other shows I can't remember off hand. Such a shame. That place was dank and beautiful. Lol

Yeah I'm upset about Roseland. Was only there once for Offspring and I had a 104 degree fever and almost died, so fun times. If you're going to terminal 5 and don't wanna be right on the stage it's a multi-level venue, go up to the 2nd level right away and grab a railing. Great view, no hassles. Saw Offspring there as well.

Yeah I'm upset about Roseland. Was only there once for Offspring and I had a 104 degree fever and almost died, so fun times. If you're going to terminal 5 and don't wanna be right on the stage it's a multi-level venue, go up to the 2nd level right away and grab a railing. Great view, no hassles. Saw Offspring there as well.

Yeah that could work, I don't anticipate too much of a mosh at a Halestorm show but still, I don't wanna be bothered by the one idiot who's crowd surfing like the Megadeth show at Hammerstein. 2nd floor railing works, I should be away from most of the obnoxious people. Good call.

Old Chuck still got it! Sure, his age showed but there were glimpses of the master he once was. He really showed his greatness in Oulu yesterday after a poor performance in Helsinki on Wednesday. I was expecting the worst but luckily it didn't happen. I felt really good leaving the arena.

Still can't believe I've seen Chuck Berry live. Next up: Scorpions and Black Sabbath in 3 weeks!