Bands you have seen live

oiler99

Megadeth sucks. I'll never pay to see them again, not after the Hammerstein incident. 4 and a half years later and I still have ringing in my ears from that show.

They werent that bad. The sound actually was too low at one point -- they had to stop the show and fix it -- but then it was fine

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Elvis Costello and The Imposters? What you weren't told is that The Who were really the imposters. They haven't been The Who in over a decade.

Thinking about catching Rush again this year, but don't particularly want to drive out to Jones Beach since Nikon sucks.

Going to see In Flames tonight, can't wait!

Don't hold your breath, they suck live. I saw them on Gigantour with Megadeth 5 years ago, and while the whole show sucked, they were the worst. Friend of mine has seen them 5 or 6 times and it's pretty much luck of the draw. Sometimes you'll get a good show but more often than not you'll regret paying to see them.

Oh really :( Hopefully this is one of their "on" shows. I got the ticket for an Xmas gift so I'm out nothing out of pocket but still am hoping for a good show

No, this tour of Quadrophenia was so much better than the 1996 tour that they did when Entwistle was alive it's not even close. I saw The Who in 1982, 1989, 1996, and 2000, and the 2013 show was actually the best presentation. And I'm a big fan of the Ox. I saw one of his solo shows in the mid 80's. To say it's not The Who is wrong. I thought the same thing, too, but I was way wrong. And having a baseline to compare, Quadrophenia in 1996 and 2013, proved it to me.

Well this wasn't Quadrophenia, this was a benefit concert at MSG for teen cancer. They played the hits, and it was absolutely amazing.

Setlist:

Who Are You

The Kids Are Alright

Behind Blue Eyes

Pinball Wizard

5:15

Drowned

You Better You Bet

Love, Reign O'er Me

Baba O'Riley

Won't Get Fooled Again

Well I saw the tour two weeks ago in Columbus and they did the full Quadrophenia followed by some hits and this version was miles better than when they did the same thing in 1996-7 with Entwistle. To say it's not "The Who" anymore is wrong.

I can come up with a few nobody else has mentioned, just off the top of my head:

(in no particular order)

Black Oak Arkansas

Steve Goodman

Bonnie Koloc

Kris Kristofferson

Richie Havens

Bloodrock

Great Big Sea

Heartsfield

Chicago

Charlie Daniels

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

Roger McGuinn

The Band

The Carpenters

Alvin Lee

Jackson Browne

Loggins and Messina

Well I saw the tour two weeks ago in Columbus and they did the full Quadrophenia followed by some hits and this version was miles better than when they did the same thing in 1996-7 with Entwistle. To say it's not "The Who" anymore is wrong.

In my opinion Zak Starkey's presence, plus Pete and Roger, makes it The Who.. I saw them in 2007 when they played in Helsinki for the first time since 1967. I had my doubts before the show, could this really be The Who without Entwistle and Moon. And they blew me away. It still is very much The Who.

In my opinion Zak Starkey's presence, plus Pete and Roger, makes it The Who.. I saw them in 2007 when they played in Helsinki for the first time since 1967. I had my doubts before the show, could this really be The Who without Entwistle and Moon. And they blew me away. It still is very much The Who.

Correct. Zak is awesome. Much better than Kenney Jones or Simon Phillips. He missed a few shows on this tour due to an injury, but he was back at the show I saw. When he played with Oasis on the Don't Believe The Truth tour he made them a better live band.

I'll see if I can actually remember all the shows I saw.

The Who (x5)

The Pretenders (x3)

The Alarm (oa)

Simple Minds (oa)

The Kinks (x4)

Moody Blues (too many times)

The Fixx (x3)

Yes (x2)

Trevor Rabin (loudest show)

Rush (x3)

Bryan Ferry (x3)

Duran Duran

The Cars

John Fogerty

Fleetwood Mac (x2 and next upcoming)

Chicago

Glass Tiger (oa)

Fabulous Thunderbirds

Sam Kinison (x3)

Andrew Dice Clay (x2)

The Firm (x2)

Robert Plant (x2)

John Entwistle

Queen + Paul Rogers

Paul McCartney

Ringo + All Stars

The Guess Who (Bachmann/Cummings) (x2)

Pat Benatar (x3)

Dire Straits

Rolling Stones (x3)

Keith Richards

Tom Cochrane (x2)

Pink Floyd (x2)

Roger Waters (x3)

David Gilmour

The Monkees

Stevie Nicks (x2)

Peter Frampton (oa)

Rod Stewart

Van Halen

Journey

Loverboy (oa)

Eric Clapton (x2)

Genesis (x3)

David Bowie

Cheap Trick (Sgt Pepper in Las Vegas)

Spinal Tap

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Steve Winwood (x2)

Oasis

a-ha

Darn Yankees/Bad Company (Brian Howe version)

Queen Extravaganza (surprisingly good)

Boston

Starship

Eagles

Don Henley

Sheryl Crow (oa)

U2

INXS

(oa)=only saw as an opening act

I'm sure I missed some, but that seems about right. Hard to say what was the best show, but Dire Straits was the worst. Had front row tickets, but they were so dull we left halfway through the show.

See I was thinking about seeing Fleetwood Mac on this tour, but the MSG show was entirely too expensive for a band I like but am not crazy about, and I'm hesitant to see them at Jones Beach because that place sucks. It's the same reason I probably won't see Rush again, even though they were the only real good show I've seen there. Metallica is rumored to be touring this year, as is AC/DC, so I may just hold onto my money and hope both of them come around.

Allow me to share. The video itself isn't great. I need a new camera, and I was off to the side in a luxury box which wasn't very luxurious, but the audio speaks for itself. If you want the really good part, go about 7 minutes in.

Still too cheap to spit for a camera I see. I'm sorry, but Roger's voice is gone and has been for a while. I'd never pay to see them.

Judging a singer's voice when you have never seen or heard him live has about the same level of credibility as having a 250 to 1 posts to jersey ratio on a message board.

Judging a singer's voice when you have never seen or heard him live has about the same level of credibility as having a 250 to 1 posts to jersey ratio on a message board.

So because I'm a college student without an unlimited income, car payments and real life priorities that prevent me from spending every cent I have on jerseys, I shouldn't be here or be posting? Or it somehow makes me less than credible? For someone who's been a member for years and has a whopping 687 posts, I'd say you have less credibility than I do since you contribute nothing to the community.

That's funny to say that I have never contributed anything here. The real posters who have been here know that's not true at all. I was the first to have a Premiere, to post the differences between 1.0 and 2.0. Those are just two small examples. So think twice before you post stupid things like that. It's people like you who have driven off the real collectors. And the title of this thread is "Bands you have seen live", not "Bands that I know nothing about but I'll just post my childish opinions of". But then again you post in the New Arrivals thread all the time but never have a new jersey to post. So yes, if you don't own jerseys then find some other place to hang out at. And don't use your "situation" as some kind of excuse.

Yeah, you are a piece of garbage, always threatening to rob me or something like that. You don't see me doing that. I generally ignore your existence and you just keep harassing me. Stay the hell out of my life. It's sad that you don't have anything better to do.