Bands you have seen live

oiler99

That's funny to say that I have never contributed anything here. The real posters who have been here know that's not true at all. I was the first to have a Premiere, to post the differences between 1.0 and 2.0. Those are just two small examples. So think twice before you post stupid things like that. It's people like you who have driven off the real collectors. And the title of this thread is "Bands you have seen live", not "Bands that I know nothing about but I'll just post my childish opinions of". But then again you post in the New Arrivals thread all the time but never have a new jersey to post. So yes, if you don't own jerseys then find some other place to hang out at. And don't use your "situation" as some kind of excuse.

First of all, just because I've never seen them doesn't mean I know "nothing" about them. I know plenty about The Who, I've only been listening to them since I was 5 and have listened to every album front to back. I'm entitled to my opinion and I have a right to post it. You don't have to agree with it, but it's MY opinion and I'll voice it whenever I want.

Second, I wasn't aware that there was a minimum number of jerseys I needed to own to post here. Why don't you go yourself, I don't know who made you king of the IceJerseys bulletin board that you think you can tell me what, when or where to post, or that I need to have a certain number of jerseys to be allowed to make a post. I'm not going to spend whatever extra money I have on jerseys to make YOU or anyone else happy, and I'm not going to stop posting because I haven't met YOUR quota of jerseys to own before I can post. I'll do whatever I see fit with the money I have, and that doesn't include spending it on a jersey unless I see something I absolutely want to have and can justify buying it. Maybe you have unlimited income where buying a jersey won't prevent you from doing something else, but I don't and I'm certainly not going to have my car get repossessed and ruin my credit just so I can say I bought a jersey. Get the off your high horse and go die in a fire somewhere.

Oh, and being the "first" to own a premiere, the "first" to post the differences between 1.0 and 2.0, is like posting "first" on a video on YouTube. It doesn't make you special, and it certainly doesn't entitle you to tell people they can't post because they don't meet your criteria. I was trying to keep this off the forum, but you pissed me off now.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funniest thing is that you think that you "contribute to the community". That is funny. And instead of sending a vile, profane PM to me, do it in open forum. Grow up little boy.

Hey I have an idea, how about you go out and get a part time job instead of hanging out here all the time. Then you can get money to pay for your books, your lease, to help your family, and maybe to actually buy some jerseys. Then everybody wins.

Here's another idea. Why don't you mind your business instead of telling me how to live my life? I don't my parents tell me how to live my life, what makes you think you can tell me what to do with my time or money? I don't need to buy a jersey every week, every 2 weeks, every month or every 6 months to post here. I own jerseys, I enjoy discussing them and learning about them, that's why this place is for. I'm not required to continually purchase jerseys to be a member here, I can do anything I want with my money and right now I have priorities that trump buying jerseys. I see plenty of things I want but they're not necessary to sustain my existence. You're just a F(&^*** a****** who thinks who you are because you poke your head in once every couple of months and always have something to say about what somebody else is doing here.

MY life is none of your concern, nor is the number of jerseys I own or how often I post here. Go start your own forum and limit membership to people who have X amount of dollars invested in jerseys. Until then, you have no say in what, when or how often I post. If you don't like it, leave.

Get off my lawn! *Shakes fist*

Seeing Three Days Grace in April. (Cue 3DG sucks posts)

Aside from the fact that they suck, you do realize that Adam Gontier left the band and the guy from My Darkest Days is touring with them as the lead vocalist, right?

Aside from the fact that they suck, you do realize that Adam Gontier left the band and the guy from My Darkest Days is touring with them as the lead vocalist, right?

Yeah. He is the bassist brother. Free tickets though, so why not.

Get off my lawn! *Shakes fist*

Seeing Three Days Grace in April. (Cue 3DG sucks posts)

I saw TDG in a small club in Kitchener probably about 5 years ago. Was a pretty cool venue

And honestly, it's probably better Adam left. His voice had gotten pathetic

I always thought his voice was pathetic. Supposedly it's temporary and due to some medical condition or something. I personally don't like the guy from My Darkest Days, but then again I don't like My Darkest Days either.

As a veteran of Vanilla Ice and Tone Loc concerts, while I have admittedly liked several Three Days Grace songs, having their lead singer replaced by anything to do with My Darkest Days is like Sum 41 replacing their lead singer with the Nickelback guy.

On a related note the least enjoyable concert I've ever been to was a Metallica concert, and I even got that ticket for free.

I always thought his voice was pathetic. Supposedly it's temporary and due to some medical condition or something. I personally don't like the guy from My Darkest Days, but then again I don't like My Darkest Days either.

Adam is gone for good. There was another statement released saying he wasn't happy with the musical direction of the group. That and the fact that he is going to start touring solo put the medical condition statement to sleep.

Adam is gone for good. There was another statement released saying he wasn't happy with the musical direction of the group. That and the fact that he is going to start touring solo put the medical condition statement to sleep.

Heh, I didn't hear that. Last I heard was that he left for some medical reason and would be back eventually. Meh, no loss. Don't like anything they've done anyway

• 1 month later...

Just got back from Joe Walsh and Bob Seger at Barclays. Man that place sounds amazing, I wish I had seen RUSH there last year. Walsh wasn't so good that I was blown away, but he was still good. The band sounded great, his voice is going though. He closed with LIFE IN THE FAST LANE! It obviously didn't sound the same without Don Henley, but it was still pretty cool. Bob Seger on the other hand was awesome, hearing Turn the Page live was great.

Might see Halestorm at the end of the month, and I'm trying to see Tom Petty in May. I am, however, by any means necessary, getting tickets for BLACK SABBATH!

GOT MY TICKET FOR BLACK F(&^*** SABBATH THIS MORNING! I seriously can't wait, August 4th can't get here fast enough. I've never been to PNC, and I'm sitting in the 400's, center stage. I know it's a small venue so it shouldn't be too bad. I should have spit for the extra 30 bucks to sit in the 300's in hindsight, but if I change my mind it's a ticket I can always sell and get a better seat.

Beyond stoked. Seriously. I was considering driving to Philly to see The Stones, but they're being pricks and making you buy 2 tickets and I don't know anyone else who would make the trip.

GOT MY TICKET FOR BLACK F(&^*** SABBATH THIS MORNING! I seriously can't wait, August 4th can't get here fast enough. I've never been to PNC, and I'm sitting in the 400's, center stage. I know it's a small venue so it shouldn't be too bad. I should have spit for the extra 30 bucks to sit in the 300's in hindsight, but if I change my mind it's a ticket I can always sell and get a better seat.

Beyond stoked. Seriously. I was considering driving to Philly to see The Stones, but they're being pricks and making you buy 2 tickets and I don't know anyone else who would make the trip.

Enjoy! They come to Finland on November 20th which is 3 days before my birthday. i will be there.

I just booked train tickets to see Kiss and Rush on consecutive weeks early June. Kiss on June 3rd and Rush on June 10th. Can't wait! Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits would have been on June 9th, but I decided to pass. I saw him live in April 2008.

Niiiiice. Here we have Fleetwood Mac and Rush back to back nights in June, which I'm considering even though I've seen Rush twice. I'm also seriously entertaining the idea of driving to Syracuse to see 3 Doors Down in July, only because they're playing the next night on Long Island without Halestorm, who I'm dying to see and also because that same night also happens to Bad Company with Lynyrd Skynyrd in New Jersey, which is on my list of things to do.

This summer is going to be absurd for concerts. I'm also considering flying/Greyhound/Amtrak to Wisconsin of all places for Rockfest, which is absolutely amazing this year. 4 nights, the 3rd of which is being headlined by KISS and the last night is being headlined by MOTLEY CRUE! Even though I was thoroughly disappointed with Crue in September, I'd probably catch them again either earlier in a tour or on a major festival like Rockfest. Only problem is it starts the night AFTER Bad Company, so I'd have to fly out the morning of the first show to land in time to get to the venue for doors. It probably won't happen, but if I can do it, it'd be amazing.

We'll see what else comes up. I might see Trapt at the end of the month, and if the rumors circulating of a Metallica tour are true, I'm there in a heartbeat. Gigantour is also rolling out again and David Draiman from Disturbed is on tour with them to promote his new project, Device. That could be interesting depending on who else is on the tour.

I made a last minute decision to see Fleetwood Mac at Prudential Center tonight, and by last minute I mean I bought my ticket from Ticketmaster 3 hours before showtime. Surprisingly I was able to get AMAZING seats. I was side stage, section 17, row 2, seat 1, and I might as well have been on the floor. Literally one step up from the floor seats and 50 feet from the stage, and I'm glad I went because they were UNBELIEVABLE. I was disappointed that they dropped Silver Springs from the set tonight, but they still put on an epic show. Put it this way, they were so good that I'm seriously considering seeing them at Jones Beach in 6 weeks.

Stellar, F(&^*** stellar.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Bootleg Beatles

Franz Ferdinand

Deerhoof

Beck

Radiohead

Thursday (free ticket, went for the lulz)

My Chemical Romance (free ticket, went for the lulz)

Sophie Ellis Bextor (free ticket, went for the lulz)

George Michael (free ticket, went for the lulz)

Silversun Pickups

Nine Inch Nails

Foo Fighters

Bat For Lashes

Sergeant

Oasis

The Wolfe Tones

The Rifles

Paul Weller

Idlewild

Paolo Nutini

Bleachie

Morrissey

The Undertones

Ocean Colour Scene

John Power

Billy Bragg w/ Jail Guitar Doors

Sarah Blasko

Cast

The Lambrettas

The Twang

Shaun Ryder

Rush

Neil Diamond (free ticket, went for the lulz)

Fight Like Apes

General Fiasco

Beady Eye

Anderson, McGinty, Webster, Ward & Fisher

Cold Shoulder

Marc Almond (free ticket, went for the lulz)

The Proclaimers

Trailer Park Boys (not a band, but Bubbles always plays a few tracks: Closer to the Heart, Kitties are so Nice, Liquor & Whores, etc.)

Rush again this Thursday! :D

I have a fun summer ahead of me:

-Mayhem Festival

-Alice Cooper/Marilyn Manson

-Gigantour

-Black Sabbath

Are you going to the Sabbath show in Jersey? If so, I'll be there.

I might see Fleetwood Mac again in a couple weeks, that's how good they were at Prudential. I'm also considering RUSH show #3 the next night, as well as possibly driving to Syracuse for 3 Doors Down with Halestorm in July, while making a stop in Camden, NJ on the way home the next night for Bad Company and Skynyrd. I kind of wanna see The Black Crowes too

It'll probably sound better too. I've never been to PNC, but it's gotta be better than Jones Beach. Any of our NJ brethren know if there's a shuttle to PNC from the railroad on NJ Transit and back? I'm not sure I want to drive on a Sunday in August when everyone is on the road.