New Arrivals [College]

NickARom

I'm not sure how many people collect college hockey jerseys but I'm sure there are some out there! Trying to see some activity on this board! Replicas, Authentics, Game Worn, anything college!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 New Arrivals for me:

UMD Bulldogs Current Home Authentic by Nike-Bauer:

20120317144459215.jpg

Not sure how long these will stick around as a permanent home. The design is the same style they used back in the 1960's. They were used on two as throwbacks other occasions to celebrate their old home, the DECC. I hope they stick around though!

UMD Bulldogs 2010 Amsoil Arena Opening Night by K1:

20120317144312731.jpg

This style was only worn once and that was at the opening of their new arena last season. An interesting aspect of them was the frequency of which they were intended to be worn. They were rumored to be the permanent home jerseys for the 2011 half of the season. However, they lost opening night 5-0 to North Dakota and they were never seen on the ice again as they came out in the previous home jerseys for the rest of the season. The gamers were auctioned off at the beginning of December 2011. Sent this one away to get this patch sewn to it, above the D in Duluth:

amsoilarenapatch.jpg

Edited by NickARom

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff. I have a lot of respect for Duluth, but we both know North Dakota was the better team last year. ;)

Good stuff. I have a lot of respect for Duluth, but we both know North Dakota was the better team last year. ;)

Thanks :), I have a lot of respect for North Dakota as well. I'm amazed at how they are near the top year in and year out! I don't know if I would say that about last year though ;) I love your site by the way! I'd love to do something like that for UMD, if only I knew how to do the renderings and design a site!

Got 2 more in the works as well, very excited for them! It might be a few weeks before I receive either of them though.

My main wants are the home/away set used during their 2004 Frozen Four run. However I will look at anything UMD, if anyone has any leads or tips on UMD jerseys available let me know!

• 2 weeks later...

Once again 2 more arrived for me today!

2006-2007 Away (Women's) Game Worn Jill Sales Jersey sz 54:

041112122957.jpg20120411123016714.jpg

041112143912.jpg

While I don't follow the UMD women's team too much, I found this while browsing gameworn.net and got it for a pretty reasonable price. This is their current away jersey and has been since 2005 (?). The jersey features a patch from the 2007 Frozen Four, which they lost 4-1 to Wisconsin in the National Championship game. I like the use of black as an accent color on this style. It's a bit more modern without going completely over-the-top. While I'm glad the Men's team doesn't use black (and never has), it's a nice color for the Women's team to distinguish themselves from the Men's identity. I'm thinking about getting this one stripped to be blank but I'm not sure.

2011-2012 (Men's) Authentic Away by Bauer sz 48:

041112143949.jpg041112144032.jpg

This is the same jersey they have worn since 2005, with slight changes based on the manufacturer (Reebok>Nike>Bauer). I decided to pick one of these up before I no longer could as it's very difficult to find old UMD jerseys. I wouldn't be surprised to see UMD change soon, as in 2004-2005 they changed their home jersey and kept the roads from the previous year. The next year they completely switched. They did the same thing this season, changing the home and keeping the same road as the year before. They could also wait until after this now upcoming season when they switch conferences, or they could always keep it as it currently is. This will likely become a 2011-2012 Jack Conolly, who just won the Hobey Baker award this past year. This gives UMD 5 winners, most of any school! An interesting switch was this year the Bauer patch moved from the front (between the tie down collar and the Bulldog logo) to the back hem. It is also now maroon instead of white as it was the prior 2 seasons to match the colors.

I should have 2 more coming back to me by the end of next week from Vintage Minnesota Hockey, including the DULUTH jersey from my first post along with another one being customized from 1996-1998.

Edited by NickARom

######, I was looking for the ones from last season that had the patch under the neck. IIRC the pictures on their store site didn't have it when I checked last year.

######, I was looking for the ones from last season that had the patch under the neck. IIRC the pictures on their store site didn't have it when I checked last year.

I don't recall if they were different from last year as the web sites pictures aren't always accurate. For example right now for the authentics, they have pictures of the replicas. I just know that on-ice, the Bauer wordmark moved to the back this year. If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking for one from last year?

I'm sorry to hear. The lack of Bauer logo on the front is the exact reason it will be a Jack Conolly from this past season as opposed to anything from the National Championship season in 2011.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some UMD jerseys back from Vintage Minnesota Hockey today!

2010 Amsoil Arena Opening Night

042412122537.jpg042412122502.jpg

Got the patch that went along with the jersey as well as the WCHA patch on the back left hem. Not too much more to say that I didn't say in my original post. I thought about making it a Mike Conolly (provided the only some-what memorable moment in this jersey, below) but chose not to in the end, which can always change.

1996-1998 Brant Nicklin Away

042412121721.jpg042412121621.jpg

This was quite the departure in uniform appearance for UMD. The unifrom set is almost completely devoid of gold, instead going with gray as a prominent accent color in a style similar to the Mighty Ducks. It screams 90's design to me. This was the style that was worn when I was young and first became a fan of the team. I found this replica on eBay for $20 in 2006 and am still kicking myself for not getting the home version also. Brant Nicklin was the team's goalie at the time and became my favorite player during his 4 year time at UMD (1996-2000). He has always been considered one of the better goalies to play at UMD, ranking third in most categories in school history. He also holds the WCHA record for most consecutive starts in league play with 80. Unfortunately, he was never on the best of teams at UMD. Only making it past the WCHA First Round in 1998. This is a very nostalgic one for me, not the best design but will always hold a special spot in my heart.

Since my last post, I stripped the Sales jersey successfully and love it even more! Hoping to send in the maroon to EPS to become Jack Conolly soon. Interestingly enough, the school book store has started selling authentic Jack Conolly in the home jerseys from the past season for $290 plus shipping. I'm also working on acquiring a personal grail that I hope to acquire in a few weeks!

• 3 weeks later...

Another UMD one in today!

2004-2005 CCM Away Replica

80101826.jpg

Been looking for one of these for quite a while and was finally able to acquire one! This style was worn from fall of 2001 to winter of 2005. The team made a Frozen Four appearance in 2004, wearing this style of jersey in the 2004 Midwest Regional Final against Minnesota (video below). Up to that point, replicas sold by the school were made by K1. As I mentioned in a previous post, the team changed home jerseys in fall 2004, but kept the away jersey mostly in-tact (added the WCHA logo to the upper right chest, left on the picture instead of the back hem). This was the only season that this style was made as a replica by CCM. The team switched to Reebok the next season as well as a new design. I love the way the New York Rangers style looks with these colors. I'm considering adding an NCAA patch as they were worn in the video below, but we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so used to posting in NHL I posted these there, not knowing about this thread.

Go Bucks! I got in on the equipment sale a little late, but am still happy with what I got. I skipped the grey swift alternate, but may do something about that next week :thumbsup: As we know, the NCAA won't let them sell the jerseys with nameplates if the player has eligibility. The sad thing was I got to see them all with the nameplates, then watched the equipment manager cut 'em all off. At least I know I can get them done at EPS if I ever want to. Not sure if it matters yet to me or not.

2010-11 Ohio State University Chris Reed Alternate - I really, really like this one.

7270073392_c623c955a7.jpg

7270075400_92d4dfc1ca.jpg

2011-12 Ohio State University Devon Krogh Home

7270062024_7e8070285d.jpg

7270063826_1c3da887fa.jpg

2011-12 Ohio State University Max McCormick Road

7296426438_cb4aaeec74.jpg

7296436100_90c621748c.jpg

2011-12 Ohio State University Brady Hjelle Road

7270054968_50c9a644d9.jpg

7270056778_2acd5c8211.jpg

Great to see someone else post! I just hope to see more discussion on college jerseys that people may acquire.

I like the whites from this past season! Hjelle actually used to play at UMD while Rohlik also coached at UMD as well.

Great to see someone else post! I just hope to see more discussion on college jerseys that people may acquire.

I like the whites from this past season! Hjelle actually used to play at UMD while Rohlik also coached at UMD as well.

I don't have much college stuff, but it was too hard to pass up the OSU equipment sale.

Some more:

2010-11 Ohio State Jeff Michael Road - his one appearance from that season was while wearing this jersey versus Alaska.

7317377238_1f0aae2b4c.jpg

7317378712_4f5b2ae1a4.jpg

2011-12 Ohio State University Ben Gallacher Gray Alternate - FLA 4th round pick in 2010

7296446784_d43512dd4f.jpg

7296454380_be744eccb3.jpg

2011-12 Ohio State University Max McCormick Road Scarlet - OTT 6th round pick in 2011

7296426438_cb4aaeec74.jpg

7296436100_90c621748c.jpg

2011-12 Ohio State University Chad Diddery Home White

7317380398_49abf18138.jpg

7317382062_c881733d24.jpg

2011-12 Ohio State University Brady Hjelle Gray Alternate - nice repair by crest

7296463010_272720757d.jpg

7296478666_c4978c603c.jpg

• 1 month later...

Didn't realize there was a new arrivals college so here it is:

Pretty happy with this. Kings prospect and current Manchester Monarch Robbie Czarnik Michigan maize jersey.

Nice wear. Quite a few stick and puck marks and a great burn over the right shoulder patch.

He left Michigan after a year and a half to go pro so this is possibly the only maize jersey he ever wore.

CzarnikMichigan.jpg

CzarnikMichiganBack.jpg

P.S. also didn't realize until just now Princeton photo-bombed the front view.

• 2 weeks later...

I was always a fan of those Michigan maize jerseys. What year is it?

Finally back from EPS after 13 weeks is the same maroon jersey I posted back in April.

080912170709.jpg

080912170738.jpg

The "C" and sleeves are a little off from what was on-ice but I think it still looks okay.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure how many people collect college hockey jerseys but I'm sure there are some out there! Trying to see some activity on this board! Replicas, Authentics, Game Worn, anything college!

Love the UMD jerseys. Do you know where to get the womens jerseys? Looking for gamers from any of the Swedes and would almost kill for gamers, authentics, or even replicas and blanks from the first three championship seasons 2001, 2002, 2003.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UMD starts the season off well with a 6-2 win over Ohio State tonight! Here's something I found on eBay, and it arrived a couple of weeks ago and I'm late on posting pics.

101212215259.jpg

This jersey was worn by UMD in the 1980's (until 1987 or 1988). This was the same style they wear in the marathon 1984 National Championship game. I want to get a patch created that they wore in the second half of the 1983-1984 season. It's essentially black twill with yellow screen-printed letters on it. Any ideas on who I could go to for that?

• 4 months later...

2009-10 Univ. of Wisconsin Cody Goloubef w/ Frozen Four patch. Worn during the season, patch was added by team, but they only wore their whites in the FF.

8301319491_3938679f75_z.jpg

8301320759_037e1b5737_z.jpg

2010-11 Boston College Cam Atkinson

8366384516_00ca031b35_z.jpg

8365314941_4d9f027aa6_z.jpg

2010-11 RPI Allen York

8301347167_0883f427f9_z.jpg

8301348449_0fa3475b2e_z.jpg

pernilla001_zps3d4951d9.jpg

Pernilla Winberg UMD breast cancer awareness jersey.

pernilla002_zps1cbe9fea.jpg

Jersey FINALLY arrived today. First the person who was supposed to pick up the jerseys after the game for the auction winners forgot to pick up Pernillas. By the time I contacted the people who did the auction to let them know I didn't have the jersey, their UMD contact was out sick for over a week. Then they had to contact Pernilla to see if she still had the jersey because they couldn't find it. Of course when they got in contact with Pernilla, she was out of town with the team. I could have driven to Duluth to pick it up and driven back in less time and with far less drama.

Duluth is only 2 hours from my house!

It's at least 2 days from mine. Still if I had known all the trouble I was going to have getting it, I probably would have just called in sick to work and got in the car. That way I could have gone to the game too. It's been a long time since I've done something that silly. I think I'm about due for one.

If you're that close to Duluth keep a look out for some of their older jerseys. Besides the Rooth and Holst, I would also be interested in Martin, Holmlov, and Winberg. I've tried graigs list with no luck, and I'm still offering a finders fee for any Rooth and Holst jersey.