Weird facts/statistics

Browsing through a thread I rolled across one of my posts and something just dawned on me....

For those of you familiar with my collection, I try to get jerseys worn by players in their first NHL game. And looking through my signature, Eric Lindros made his debut on the road with every team he played for but the Leafs

Oshawa Generals debut:

January 14th 1990 at Ottawa (67s) - If someone has info on this please let me know - I am only going on rough information - I know the date, just not the team and if it was a home/road game

Flyers debut:

October 6th 1992 at Pittburgh

Rangers debut:

October 5th 2001 at Carolina

Leafs debut:

October 5th 2005 vs Ottawa

Stars debut:

October 4th 2006 at Colorado

that is strange lol, a travesty he is not in the Hockey Hall of fame he dominated the entire planet in hockey for a 3 year period. No one can argue to me that Glen Anderson is a HHOF and Lindros is not.

Would you rather have on your team Lindros in his prime or Anderson....Not even close

Interesting fact: The Toronto Maple Leafs have not played for a Stanley Cup since man has walked on the moon. Clearly, the two are correlated.

Interesting fact: The Toronto Maple Leafs have not played for a Stanley Cup since man has walked on the moon. Clearly, the two are correlated.

"POW" down goes JOHN

that is strange lol, a travesty he is not in the Hockey Hall of fame he dominated the entire planet in hockey for a 3 year period. No one can argue to me that Glen Anderson is a HHOF and Lindros is not.

Would you rather have on your team Lindros in his prime or Anderson....Not even close

Well there are many arguments about this for/against Lindros in the hall

Unfortunately the knock on his entry is 0 cups

I don't care if he makes it or not, in my eyes he is and always will be the blueprint of the all around power forward

Yeah, during the staging of the moonwalk, Leafs management decided to use the Rangers model of building a franchise since the '67 Leafs were an old team and not expected to win a cup.

So with that I say, cup champs in 2021!!!!!

How about, out of ALL hockey players, Matt Cooke has 19 goals AND 37 points, and ONLY 34 penalty minutes! :lol: For such the goon reputation he gets, he actually puts up points. I guess playing on the same line as Sidney Crosby can make ANY player better.

How about, out of ALL hockey players, Matt Cooke has 19 goals AND 37 points, and ONLY 34 penalty minutes! :lol: For such the goon reputation he gets, he actually puts up points. I guess playing on the same line as Sidney Crosby can make ANY player better.

That might be true, if Crosby played more than a handful of games this season. I still hate Cooke though. Hes a dirtbag.

That might be true, if Crosby played more than a handful of games this season. I still hate Cooke though. Hes a dirtbag.

Even though he's on Pittsburgh, I agree, Matt Cooke is a dirtbag. Despite the fact he's cleaned his act up and conformed to the new rules of the game - head shots, boarding, etc.

It's also hard to believe Pascal Dupuis has 23 goals and 50 points. The guy's a career 3rd liner and he's having a HECK of a year. I'm really impressed with his play, he's stepped up his game and can be counted on to score.

Cooke is pretty nice. He let me take a picture with him as he was walking into the Coliseum!

If you wanna discuss crazy Arse stats, John Tavares turned Matt Goalson into a 100-NHL goal scorer in 3 seasons!

Crazy stat: The Islanders sweep the Penguins in a home-and-home series! :lol:

Just joking. The Islanders are playing good hockey and deserved to win both games. I was impressed with their play, especially in net with Montoya.

The Penguins just sucked. What the hell! How do you lose to the Islanders? You are trying to win a division. Anyone but the rangers, c'mon! Jeez, who the hell are these Josh Bailey and Marty Reasoner posers and what have they done with the real players? I am trying to win the 1st overall pick from CBJ here!

The Penguins just sucked. What the hell! How do you lose to the Islanders? You are trying to win a division. Anyone but the rangers, c'mon! Jeez, who the hell are these Josh Bailey and Marty Reasoner posers and what have they done with the real players? I am trying to win the 1st overall pick from CBJ here!

The Pens did look like quite the steaming pile. When Letang's out it's a whole different team. It's astounding how much of a difference he actually makes. Beside the fact that Paul Martin is little more than a $5 million punchline.

Yeah the Penguins did play poorly in BOTH games. So typical they would let the game get out of reach, make a comeback, and fall just short. :wacko: Fleury was back to his inconsistent self. :lol:

I don't think Bailey is that bad. If somehow the young Isles players can find a way to play together, they are going to be dangerous. I don't know if they need to mix in some veterans, or do what you said in go after the #1 pick. Finding a franchise goalie would be another priority, I would assume.

The Pens did look like quite the steaming pile. When Letang's out it's a whole different team. It's astounding how much of a difference he actually makes. Beside the fact that Paul Martin is little more than a $5 million punchline.

I think it's humorous, that when a player struggles - Johnson and Martin - the WHOLE fanbase gets on him, calls for his head, and demands he is traded or released. COME ON PEOPLE THESE GUYS ARE HUMAN BEINGS TOO!!! Yeah Johnson and Martin aren't playing well but the Penguins NEED both of them to win and be successful. It really POs me when the fair weather fans do things like this.... Kind of ironic how when Malkin had a poor year 2 years ago they called for him to be traded.... pshhh Talk about knowing NOTHING about hockey. :noway:

Not calling you a fair weather fan, Adam, I am just getting on the fanbase.

The Penguins are 6-3-1 since Crosby's return giving up 3.5 goals per game. The ten games before that they were 9-1 and giving up 2.1 goals per game.

But but but the cliche said he is so great defensively and makes everyone better or something. :lol:

The Penguins are 6-3-1 since Crosby's return giving up 3.5 goals per game.

2 of those losses came from the lowly Islanders...so its really like losing 6 games.

The Penguins are 6-3-1 since Crosby's return giving up 3.5 goals per game. The ten games before that they were 9-1 and giving up 2.1 goals per game.

But but but the cliche said he is so great defensively and makes everyone better or something. :lol:

You are right, the Penguins aren't playing well defensively. Especially over the last several games. Their D has been out of position, the PK hasn't played up to its norm, etc. They played ESPECIALLY poor against the Islanders. Fleury was like a fish out of water. :lol:

I think it's humorous, that when a player struggles - Johnson and Martin - the WHOLE fanbase gets on him, calls for his head, and demands he is traded or released. COME ON PEOPLE THESE GUYS ARE HUMAN BEINGS TOO!!! Yeah Johnson and Martin aren't playing well but the Penguins NEED both of them to win and be successful. It really POs me when the fair weather fans do things like this.... Kind of ironic how when Malkin had a poor year 2 years ago they called for him to be traded.... pshhh Talk about knowing NOTHING about hockey. :noway:

Not calling you a fair weather fan, Adam, I am just getting on the fanbase.

He's been embarrassed by 3rd and 4th liners on the regular. Stick on puck only goes so far, use the body Mr. Martin. Michalek is the same way just way more effective with it. It seems like Letang is the only one that hits anymore. Most of the recent goals would've been avoided with a hit of any kind. Just irritates the hell out of me to see most of the team not playing like they did last year. I don't know if it's just me, but they won't defend anyone behind their net this year. They just stand at the post and totally disregard the guys standing right behind them at the top of the crease. A good half of the goals in the past couple weeks started directly behind the net.

I see where you're coming from though. Kind of a knee jerk bunch, I actually defended Martin for a part of the winning streak before he went back to his old ways. When I went to the games a few weeks ago, Neal took a shot and missed the net. A guy a couple rows back yells "And that's what we get for $5 million!" For one, he doesn't make that til next year. Secondly, he had like 33 goals at the time. Matt, you are correct about the fanbase.

He's been embarrassed by 3rd and 4th liners on the regular. Stick on puck only goes so far, use the body Mr. Martin. Michalek is the same way just way more effective with it. It seems like Letang is the only one that hits anymore. Most of the recent goals would've been avoided with a hit of any kind. Just irritates the hell out of me to see most of the team not playing like they did last year. I don't know if it's just me, but they won't defend anyone behind their net this year. They just stand at the post and totally disregard the guys standing right behind them at the top of the crease. A good half of the goals in the past couple weeks started directly behind the net.

I see where you're coming from though. Kind of a knee jerk bunch, I actually defended Martin for a part of the winning streak before he went back to his old ways. When I went to the games a few weeks ago, Neal took a shot and missed the net. A guy a couple rows back yells "And that's what we get for $5 million!" For one, he doesn't make that til next year. Secondly, he had like 33 goals at the time. Matt, you are correct about the fanbase.

Orpik is known to put a big hit on guys. He nearly ALWAYS finishes his checks. Remember the '09 Finals against Detroit?

In the Flyers game, I agree, the Pens D did not box/block out the Flyers in front of the net. It was just lack of executing fundamentals/basics, and credit to the Flyers for taking advantage of the Penguin mistakes. But seriously, the Penguins lost THAT game themselves. They had the game in their palms up 2-0, all the momentum in the world, and just fell off a cliff and started getting lazy. Fleury's been awful lately, he NEEDS to right the ship before the playoffs or I can tell you the Flyers will win the series...

Actually, right now I'd bet on the Flyers in that series because THAT's how much confidence I have in the Penguins right now. :unsure: