Even More Obscure

I must be a hockey nut for knowing about these teams but here is a jersey I like from the NAHL Jr. A team the Alaska Avalanche. What are your minor/obscure team jersey likes?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Oklahoma City Blazers CHL jersey is nice: 101536.jpg

Okay how's this? I just got this baby in the mail not five minutes ago:

gatineau-vi.jpg

That's a sweet Olympiques jersey. How long did it take for you to get it?

Surprisingly, not long at all. The only downside was they ran out of the dark ones I had initially wanted and when the guy called my house the next day, I couldn't understand the message he left me because of his accent! All told I think it took maybe 2 weeks to show up...not bad at all.

The jersey itself is beautifully made because all the color changes along the base and arms are sewn in instead of screened. The only thing I don't like is that the logos aren't sewn on. Still, it's awesome looking.

Surprisingly, not long at all. The only downside was they ran out of the dark ones I had initially wanted and when the guy called my house the next day, I couldn't understand the message he left me because of his accent! All told I think it took maybe 2 weeks to show up...not bad at all.

The jersey itself is beautifully made because all the color changes along the base and arms are sewn in instead of screened. The only thing I don't like is that the logos aren't sewn on. Still, it's awesome looking.

Here is a cool jersey from the UCLA Club team. I also really like the Kentucky club team jerseys (of course it looks better on her).

post-52-1172243216_thumb.jpg

Here is a cool jersey from the UCLA Club team. I also really like the Kentucky club team jerseys (of course it looks better on her).

Those UCLA jersey are nice. I've seen that Kentucky pic before I think it is a promotion that they do every year. Here is a link to the other years posters: Poster Program

Here is a bigger pic:

tara_conner.jpg

Well, I stopped at the gold mine I now call my local sporting goods store that sells jerseys after work today. There was a list posted either here or on another site of the worst hockey logos of all time; seen here. Go to page 4 and scroll down to the Quebec jersey.

Now take a look at what I found on the rack today:

rafales-vi.jpg

Utterly fantastic!

Well, I stopped at the gold mine I now call my local sporting goods store that sells jerseys after work today. There was a list posted either here or on another site of the worst hockey logos of all time; seen here. Go to page 4 and scroll down to the Quebec jersey.

rafales-vi.jpg

Utterly fantastic!

The store strikes again. Brilliant another nice pickup, I wonder what they will have for you next.

Those UCLA jersey are nice. I've seen that Kentucky pic before I think it is a promotion that they do every year. Here is a link to the other years posters: Poster Program

Here is a bigger pic:

tara_conner.jpg

Sweet pic! It looks like Tara is wearing a silk jersey.

FYI, Ashley Judd was the poster girl for UK hockey in 1998...

post-39-1172300393_thumb.jpeg

rafales-vi.jpg

Utterly fantastic!

Nice!!! I haven't seen that jersey in ages. I don't think they lasted very long in the old IHL.

The Rafales lasted two seasons. They were the relocated Atlanta Knights. I have the home jersey, when I wear it, people ask who the Rafaels were. I tell them that I don't know a hockey player named Rafael. Rafale, pronounced ra-FAHL, is a French word for a 'gust of wind'. The fleur-de-lis with crossed sticks on the shoulder was the best part of the jersey. You can easily see the 90s elements in that jersey, with the uneven diagonal waist stripe and the teal-ish green in the color scheme.

The Rafales lasted two seasons. They were the relocated Atlanta Knights. I have the home jersey, when I wear it, people ask who the Rafaels were. I tell them that I don't know a hockey player named Rafael. Rafale, pronounced ra-FAHL, is a French word for a 'gust of wind'. The fleur-de-lis with crossed sticks on the shoulder was the best part of the jersey. You can easily see the 90s elements in that jersey, with the uneven diagonal waist stripe and the teal-ish green in the color scheme.

I think it was 96-98 right? I had completely forgotten they were the old Atlanta Knights franchise. I think they only visited Indianapolis like once a season, so they were one of the forgotten teams for me in the IHL.

Nice!!! I haven't seen that jersey in ages. I don't think they lasted very long in the old IHL.

A snowboarding yetti! You have to love hockey jerseys for their utter weirdness. That one is a classic!

It's funny...when I brought the jersey up to the counter, the guy scans it and looks at it. Then he says, "What the hell team is this? It looks like a yeti surfing." So I had to school him and tell him that it was the Quebec Rafales from an old minor league that doesn't exist anymore. Then he said, "We probably should've marked this up more, huh?" I said, "Too late now!"

I've gotten so much good stuff from that place for so cheap it's like I'm stealing from them.

It's funny...when I brought the jersey up to the counter, the guy scans it and looks at it. Then he says, "What the hell team is this? It looks like a yeti surfing." So I had to school him and tell him that it was the Quebec Rafales from an old minor league that doesn't exist anymore. Then he said, "We probably should've marked this up more, huh?" I said, "Too late now!"

I've gotten so much good stuff from that place for so cheap it's like I'm stealing from them.

Haha don't tell them too much or they will catch on :lol:

• 2 weeks later...