Even More Obscure

2810118990100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2436453020100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Man, that striping is out of sight and those logos- wow, I am rarely impressed by a jersey but that one rocks!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have purchased an 90s Aeros jersey when they were easily available. Manny was an excellent choice for the lettering. I have seen the green ones in action, I always felt the thin athletic block font took something away from the uniqueness of the jersey. They went with that army stencil font a few seasons later than they should have. IMO, the Wild's colors would have gone good with the 90s Aeros jerseys instead of green and blue, but there was no Wild back then.

Now that I've got most of my jerseys up online, I figured I post the WHL and AHL jerseys I've accumulated.

First off 2006-07 Portland Winter Hawks Alternate Jersey

2728122110034358379S500x500Q85.jpg

Portland Winter Hawks classis home and away

2228544430034358379S500x500Q85.jpg

2055200220034358379S500x500Q85.jpg

2002-2003 Jozef Balej (now with the Vancouver Canucks) Autographed Hamilton Bulldogs Autographed Jersey

2040330390034358379S500x500Q85.jpg

2535138610034358379S500x500Q85.jpg

I've also picked up some other AHL jerseys. The minor leagues often gets alot of flack for having cartoony or sup-par logos, but ther are also so cases where they have really cool stuff, and I feel the top fall under that category, the bottom one was a $1.99 on ebay, and I knew how I could use it.

2006-2007 Manchester Monarchs Jersey; Future Jason LaBarbera #35

2715935870034358379S500x500Q85.jpg

2000-2002 Hartford Wolf Pack Alternate; Future Jason LaBarbera #33 or 35

2818827140034358379S500x500Q85.jpg

2006-2007 Hartford Wolf Pack Home; Future Brandon Dubinsky #19

2292433760034358379S500x500Q85.jpg

2004-2007 Chicago Wolves Road; Future Braydon Coburn #28

2428214350034358379S500x500Q85.jpg

More jerseys from the ACHA:

Lafayette College:

DSC00111.JPG

Long Beach:

For some reason I can't upload the photos but these sweaters are sharp!

http://www.photoshelter.com/gallery-show/G000082K5jJhWubk

We played The Beach State last year, not a bad team, they had some very strong players, and then some like me who well strong isnt the word! Another ACHA jersey I really like is the 3rd that San Jose State introduced two years ago. It was designed by a guy at Creamer's message baord and it is very sharp. I gotta run so I'll see if I can't find a pic when I get home.

I like that Chicago Wolves jersey, I got one done up during the lockout. Ordered it from the Wolves website and they offered customization through it, so I got one done up with Lehtonen on it.

We played The Beach State last year, not a bad team, they had some very strong players, and then some like me who well strong isnt the word! Another ACHA jersey I really like is the 3rd that San Jose State introduced two years ago. It was designed by a guy at Creamer's message baord and it is very sharp. I gotta run so I'll see if I can't find a pic when I get home.

benpc21- you play in the ACHA??? That's awesome- I may be relocating to Cali at some point and one of the things I was looking forward to was watching ACHA teams play. Which one did you play for? And, more importantly, do you have any extra jerseys laying around you wouldn't mind parting with :rolleyes:? The only jerseys I seem to be able to buy are the UCLA ones which are pretty sharp.

I "play" at the University of Washington, where I'll be starting my senior year in September. I say "play" becuase I don't see too much ice time, I played roller hockey until I was 18, and 9 months before I started at UW switched over to ice when my local rink shut down. I'm still trying to get some of the subtle differences, but its still a blast. The UCLA ones are sharp. We came out with new jerseys which I designed (pretty much tempate stuff, and threw our logo, but I'll take credit) two seasons ago. I don't have any laying around, but if you are interested I could get you one blank or with your number of choice. I'm not sure of the price, but I'm considering getting one done up for me when I leave, and I could throw in another order no prob. I've been led to believe I can get them at cost, but I'm not 100% on that. From what I hear, it would cost $140 numbered (no name) or $100 blank, but that might be less should I be able to get them at cost.

newHomeJersey_tn.jpg

newAwayJersey_tn.jpg

ACHA, American Collegiate Hockey Association right? If its the one I'm thinking of, then I played for a semester for IUPUI before the team went bellyup my freshman year at mid-season in 1999-2000. We were in the MCHL and played teams like Miami of Ohio, Ohio State, Indiana University (whom I never thought had the dangerous hockey club they had...wow, those guys were good), among others. I think Kentucky was in the league and they had Ashley Judd pose for their schedule poster the season before in their jersey.

As for that Aeros jersey. I came across the Aeros white jersey on EBay several months ago and was able to win in the last few hours. I love that jersey and its one of my all-time favorites. Good choice on the blue Fernandez. The season they won the Turner Cup with him, they were a power house. I got to see them when they came through Indianapolis that season. Brian Wiseman-Cam Stewart-David Oliver had one heckuva line.

Yes the ACHA is the American Collegiate Hockey Association. We played Division II, usually pac-10 schools with teams, other in state schools, and road trips usually in the western United States. After the Ashley Judd poster, we did one with a local girl and caught some flack for doing so, as it was sexist. So I decided we needed to bring it back, and one day I decided to bring it back in a new form. It even looks like me might make them up as our schedules for this year.

The Inspiration:

ashley_judd.jpgtara_conner.jpg

Yes thats me:

n10707823_33072670_7735.jpg

Yes the ACHA is the American Collegiate Hockey Association. We played Division II, usually pac-10 schools with teams, other in state schools, and road trips usually in the western United States. After the Ashley Judd poster, we did one with a local girl and caught some flack for doing so, as it was sexist. So I decided we needed to bring it back, and one day I decided to bring it back in a new form. It even looks like me might make them up as our schedules for this year.

The Inspiration:

ashley_judd.jpgtara_conner.jpg

Yes thats me:

n10707823_33072670_7735.jpg

HAHA! How did that work out for you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Resurrecting this thread (Cuz it's an oldie but goodie)

4 of my IHL favs....

15_GoldEagles_f.JPG

27_Spiders_f.JPG

19_KometH_f.jpg

16_SolarbearsA_f.JPG

Nice jerseys HJimm ... I've always loved that Spiders logo and that Golden Eagles jersey has a great design.

I hadn't run across this thread before ... I'll have to share benpc21's "homage" to the UK Hockey Ashley Judd poster with UK's GM who came up with the idea for the Ashley poster he'll get a kick out it.

Nice jerseys HJimm ... I've always loved that Spiders logo and that Golden Eagles jersey has a great design.

I hadn't run across this thread before ... I'll have to share benpc21's "homage" to the UK Hockey Ashley Judd poster with UK's GM who came up with the idea for the Ashley poster he'll get a kick out it.

That was great. Why someone would name a team the "Solar Bears", I have no idea. Do we have any new teams in one of these minorER leagues with new jerseys? If so, post em here!

I remember that Golden Eagles jersey. They wore that for one season, 1993-94. Mike Forbes left the Cleveland Lumberjacks as asst. GM to become the GM in Salt Lake that year. Nice guy. Anyways, Larry Miller sold the team to the Davidson group/Pistons/Palace, and they became the Detroit Vipers after that season, and Mike was out of a job. In person, those jerseys were very unique, and I do remember seeing them in person when they came to the old Richfield Coliseum to play the 'Jacks. Boy, I miss the IHL!

I had the fortune (?) of seeing those Salt Lake jerseys in person, Palffy played in the game. Those jerseys are so ugly that they're beautiful.

The backs of those IHL jerseys shoud be displayed, they all have something unique about them (except Fort Wayne's).

The backs of those IHL jerseys shoud be displayed, they all have something unique about them (except Fort Wayne's).

What in particular is unique about them?

Everytime I see the old IHL jerseys it makes me miss that league more.

The Salt Lake jersey from 93-94 was when the Isles took over as their affiliate wasn't it? They had the old Flames styles before that.

And oh, did I HATE the Fort Wayne Komets, but they did have a sharp jersey style. Good times in the Ice-Komets rivalry.

That was great. Why someone would name a team the "Solar Bears", I have no idea. Do we have any new teams in one of these minorER leagues with new jerseys? If so, post em here!

Ahh the Solar Bears explanation.....

Believe it or not we have more than a few black bears down here in Central Florida. They come wandering in every year causing a ruckus. We also have a lot of very bright reflective sun due to big water on both sides of the state. The Solar Bears' mascot was Shades. It was a good name for the team even though I hated it at 1st. The 1st season the crowd threw sunglasses on the ice at the end of the games during the playoffs. Of course they were throwing rats in Miami, salmon in Salt Lake and Denver imitating Detroit's octopi. The bears played at the O-Rena for 6 seasons. making the playoffs all 6, playing the Turner Cup Championship 3 times and winning it in the IHL's final season in 2001.

Ahh the Solar Bears explanation.....

Believe it or not we have more than a few black bears down here in Central Florida. They come wandering in every year causing a ruckus. We also have a lot of very bright reflective sun due to big water on both sides of the state. The Solar Bears' mascot was Shades. It was a good name for the team even though I hated it at 1st. The 1st season the crowd threw sunglasses on the ice at the end of the games during the playoffs. Of course they were throwing rats in Miami, salmon in Salt Lake and Denver imitating Detroit's octopi. The bears played at the O-Rena for 6 seasons. making the playoffs all 6, playing the Turner Cup Championship 3 times and winning it in the IHL's final season in 2001.

I would imagine black bears would cause a ruckus in Florida. Thanks for the explanation!

• 2 weeks later...
I had the fortune (?) of seeing those Salt Lake jerseys in person, Palffy played in the game. Those jerseys are so ugly that they're beautiful.

Your wish....

15_GoldEagles_b.JPG

27_Spiders_b.JPG

19_KometH_b.jpg

16_SolarbearsA_b.JPG