2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NYIJM29

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Nashville. I think if I had to pick a non-Rangers final, I'd go with Devils-Blues. For no other reason than to see Marty (who was always one of my favorite goalies) get one more shot at a cup, since he'll probably retire at the end of the season.

Rangers-Blues or Rangers/Canucks would be nice, because of the history with Vancouver.

I dunno about all that, could be Rangers-Boston, although I would prefer Rangers-Philly since it's been established that they can't beat us.

I dunno about all that, could be Rangers-Boston, although I would prefer Rangers-Philly since it's been established that they can't beat us.

I'm actually really looking forward to the Flyers/Rangers game next week. The season series has been one-sided to say the least, but ever since they acquired Grossmann and Kubina, their entire defence and system seems to have took a complete 180.

No longer are the Flyers having mental breakdown after mental breakdown in their own end, but instead are playing some pretty defensive minded hockey. Early on in the season they were winning games like 6-5, 5-4 etc. Now its more like 2-1 and 1-0 wins. That's the kind of hockey that wins in the playoffs.

And there is also the fact that Bryzgalov is a new man and is essentially a machine out there. He has easily been the best goalie in the NHL since the beginning of March. He's getting hot at the right time.

LOL Nashville. I think if I had to pick a non-Rangers final, I'd go with Devils-Blues. For no other reason than to see Marty (who was always one of my favorite goalies) get one more shot at a cup, since he'll probably retire at the end of the season.

Rangers-Blues or Rangers/Canucks would be nice, because of the history with Vancouver.

As a Rangers fan you'd prefer to see the Devils play for the Cup?!?!? I think Brilliant! would have a heart-attack and maybe slap you into the next century if he saw that post. :lol:

As a Rangers fan you'd prefer to see the Devils play for the Cup?!?!? I think Brilliant! would have a heart-attack and maybe slap you into the next century if he saw that post. :lol:

I just ignored that comment. He's a ranger fan, so who knows how his mind works :rolleyes: Thats like me saying if the ECF is Bos/NYR, I'd root for the stRrangers for the sake of NY.

True, but how long can Philly go winless against the Rangers?

I'm not Nostradamus so I HOPE we see the Blueshirts in the Final. They have the skill combined with work ethic to do it too, if they make sure they focus.

Anyone got any predictions?

Just finished up my playoff pool with some of my buddies and here is what I came up with.

Rangers in 5

Capitals in 7

Devils in 7

Flyers in 6

Canucks in 5

Blues in 5

Coyotes in 7

Red Wings in 6

And as much as it pains me to say, I have the Rangers over St Louis in the Finals.

OrangeCrush, I think you're pretty close. I really think the Caps will beat Boston - not just saying that as a fan. The Devils are hot right now and I'm glad Florida won on that last game so they took the division - because they'll have a tougher team to face. No offense to any Boston fans, just that we've had the Bruins' number this year. It'll take 6 or 7 games, but I think they'll pull it out. Flyers over Pitt, I'm not 100% on, but I'd take the Flyers over the Pens, lol. The Sens will be a tough challenge for the Rangers, though - they'll likely win, but I think it'll take more than 5 to do it. I'm not as fluent on the West, but yours makes sense.

The Rangers aren't going to the Finals. They will be lucky to get out of the first round and if they do that, they won't be going much further. They're a very fragile team right now that has just about zero goal-scoring ability outside of the big line. That lack of solidity is going to bite them sooner rather than later in this conference of incredible depth. Brian Boyle and John Mitchell are not winning you a Cup.

Rangers over Ottawa in 6

Boston over Washington in 6

Devils over Florida in 5

Flyers over Pens in 7

Rangers over Devils in 6

Boston over Flyers in 6

Boston over Rangers in 6

Kings over Vancouver in 7

Blues over San Jose in 6

Blackhawks over Phoenix in 6

Predators over Wings in 7

Blues over Kings in 6

Predators over Blackhawks in 6

Blues over Predators in 5

Blues over Boston in 7

Looks like its another Stanley cup for Mario and the kids!

Well, I just told my friend to light her Del Zotto jersey on fire for that a****** costing us the game.

I call Kings vs Flyers Stanley cup finales. The Philly boys playing agents their old team, Richards scoring the game winning goal in game 7 and the Kings will on to win their first Stanly Cup.

Anyone got any predictions?

Just finished up my playoff pool with some of my buddies and here is what I came up with.

Rangers in 5

Capitals in 7

Devils in 7

Flyers in 6

Canucks in 5

Blues in 5

Coyotes in 7

Red Wings in 6

And as much as it pains me to say, I have the Rangers over St Louis in the Finals.

Sorry to say but your predictions are way off :)

Sorry to say but your predictions are way off :)

Jeez isnt it a bit early to bash preictions.

Besides, there are only two series' where the team I picked is currently losing. Still a loooooong way to go my man!

Jeez isnt it a bit early to bash preictions.

Besides, there are only two series' where the team I picked is currently losing. Still a loooooong way to go my man!

I was mostly referring to the Kings and the Canucks game. I want the Kings to play the Flyers in the Cup finales.

How the ###### does Hagelin get 3 games but Carkner gets 1? And Weber doesn't get anything? ###### Shanahan and the NHL.

You saw my tweet about Weber...I thought it was obvious he was only getting a $2500 fine (yes, I called it)

At least you get to see Kreider now! :thumbsup: