2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NYIJM29

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is further proof in support of my statement that the NHL hates the Rangers. Shanny is a douchebag, I've lost all respect for that F(&^*** guy.

Man, the CBC commentators are the hugest Canucks homers out there. Justin Williams drew a penalty to which they thought he dove and called him out on it. A minute later Kesler took a dive and they called it "a great play to fall down".

And these guys are national broadcasters? Brutal.

Brown with a clean hit and H. Sedin had to knock on the door to recover from it. Over all great game but I feel like Phily is taking away our spotlight.

Pen's Four in a row!!!

:thumbsup:

I'm bracing myself for disappointment yet again. The Rangers do this to me every year, I don't know why I expected different as the #1 seed. If Anderson stands on his head again Monday night, this series isn't coming back :(

Yaaaaaa!!!!!!! Baby!!!!! Vancouver is out baby!!! Sorry guys I'm partying hardcore right now.

If the NHL didn't think Rangers fans noticed that they were F(&^*** us all series, they just made it very obvious. How the hell was that a goal? It was clearly kicked in, and that was a blatant attempt at a screwjob by the jerkoffs in Toronto. I didn't realize this series was being played in Montreal.......(old school wrestling fans will get that one)

That's not the point, the point is that the people in Toronto made it very clear that they have no intention of letting this series be decided fairly and following the rules as they're written. Even Lundqvist said it during his interview after the game - "Obviously somebody wanted them back in the game" - And you KNOW he's going to get hit with an absurdly high fine for questioning the integrity of the league.

The integrity of the league was made abundantly clear tonight....

I didn't realize this series was being played in Montreal.......(old school wrestling fans will get that one)

"YOU SCREWED BRET! YOU SCREWED BRET! YOU SCREWED BRET!"

That's not the point, the point is that the people in Toronto made it very clear that they have no intention of letting this series be decided fairly and following the rules as they're written.

conspiracy.jpg

Sorry I think the idea that the NHL Illuminati in Toronto launched a secret plan to sink the Rangers is laughable. If there's any bias in the league, it would be to keep the Rangers in the playoffs because they are a larger market team which means more viewers and ultimately more $$ for the league.

What happened last night was a blown call that had more to do with the replay officials in Toronto not having the cojones to make the call. Instead they said it was inconclusive - they did not rule it a goal, deciding to cop-out and let the initial call be the deciding factor. Anyone who saw the replays with half a brain cell saw that puck change direction after the kicking motion of the skate - but what you didn't see in any of the replays was the skate actually touching the puck, because it was obscured by Lundqvist's stick. So they wussed out in Toronto, but that in no way proves any sort of conspiracy.

Sorry I think the idea that the NHL Illuminati in Toronto launched a secret plan to sink the Rangers is laughable. If there's any bias in the league, it would be to keep the Rangers in the playoffs because they are a larger market team which means more viewers and ultimately more $$ for the league.

What happened last night was a blown call that had more to do with the replay officials in Toronto not having the cojones to make the call. Instead they said it was inconclusive - they did not rule it a goal, deciding to cop-out and let the initial call be the deciding factor. Anyone who saw the replays with half a brain cell saw that puck change direction after the kicking motion of the skate - but what you didn't see in any of the replays was the skate actually touching the puck, because it was obscured by Lundqvist's stick. So they wussed out in Toronto, but that in no way proves any sort of conspiracy.

This.

I understand the NHL wants to have conclusive evidence but at some point common sense needs to kick in. My personal favourite is when the puck is under the goalie's glove or pad which is in the net. But since they do not have a clear shot of the puck over the goal line, they rule no goal.

I think the league’s financial strategy included allowing that goal and seeing whether they could goad Tortorella into making some sort of fine-worthy comment.

I think the league’s financial strategy included allowing that goal and seeing whether they could goad Tortorella into making some sort of fine-worthy comment.

LOL! Well, Lundqvist certainly did. God forbid the "integrity of the league" is ever called into question, when it was certainly questionable last night and has been the entire series. The officiating is a joke, and Akteon you know ###### well if that had been a Rangers goal they were reviewing, they would have found whatever crucial evidence they needed to overall the exact same goal. It happens EVERY time, how many goals did the Rangers have taken off the board this year because the clock in the arena isn't the "official" clock, or because the replay officials saw something that wasn't there?

The officiating is a joke

This I agree with wholeheartedly. I'm just not agreeing with the conspiracy theory that the league is out to get the Rangers. I think the system is flawed and it negatively effects everyone.

Conspiracy? No. Horrible officiating? Absolutely. Nevermind the whole kicking motion thing. How about the fact that Neil was pitchforking Lundqvist with his stick as the play evolved? I thought that was the most glaring oversight in the whole game. It's okay though because they made sure to get the fifteen thousand hooking calls throughout the game so it all balances out I guess. This league is really turning into a sideshow. Chris Neil verbally threatens Del Zotto publicly and Milan Michaelek is videotaped kicking Girardi on the ice so you know what that means: Both guys will receive $50 fines. Hit 'em where it hurts, Bettman!