2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NYIJM29

Regular season stats definitely should be considered, but they aren't the deciding factor. The Senators were 3-1 against the Rangers in the regular season, where did that get them? Anyhow, the Kings very well could be a better and stronger team now than they were mid-season, I wont get into that. But that "better and stronger" statement has zero relation to the Blues. Lets take a look at some more stats shall we? The Blues had 11 more regulation and overtime wins than the Kings did in the regular season. The Kings very well could be a better team than they were mid-season, but the gap of wins between the two teams does not become a wash, the gap is just too large

As well, those games dont show the Kings are a way better team the Blues. And as a neutral hockey fan to both teams, when I look at those four games, I see three very close games along with one blowout, which was in the first two weeks of the regular season. Nothing there shows me the Kings are a way better team than the Blues.

Like I said earlier, it's the playoffs, anyone can win. But a neutral fan wouldn't make say the Kings are a way better team, you're wearing your Kings glasses on that one.

You know what sorry sometimes numbers can draw the wrong picture let's just see how the series goes and we'll talk then. Also please don't take any of this the wrong way the conversation is only about a game.

By the way I'm on a bandwagon that's headed to the Cup finales ;)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the Hawks are out, I've been favoring the Caps.

I don't have any predictions, but I do hope the Coyotes get booted!

I haven't left my chair since 730. This is the greatest game I've seen since game 7 of the 94 finals. This is insane. I was supposed to do homework tonight, not happening.

Watched this magnificent game at the Buffalo Wings Sports Bar in San Salvador, El Salvador on their big screen. I was the only person wearing a Rangers white jersey. Hell, I was the only one wearing a hockey jersey....

It's times like these when I actually miss being unemployed.

It's times like this when I miss being a lazy bum. I had homework to do, and a final paper to research, neither of which got done. Luckily the professor who's class it's for is a Ranger fan, she'll understand. What an unbelievable game. I actually got my friend into hockey just now, I told him to put on NBC Sports during the 2nd overtime and he was like "greatest sport ever".

I do believe such an epic win calls for special celebration. I think I'll break my own rule and wear a jersey to class, specifically my Brian Leetch white Liberty. Just because nobody else will have one.

LETS GO RANGERS!

MARIAN F(&^*** GABORIK! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! RANGERS WIN!

Glad someone could fill me in.

I always record the games because they start before I get home.

I was able to see two of the overtime periods. And then the recording was over...

Glad someone could fill me in.

I always record the games because they start before I get home.

I was able to see two of the overtime periods. And then the recording was over...

I actually ditched my last class last Thursday because it was game 7 and I would have been distracted.

I hate seeing a great game marred by horrible officiating going both ways.

My Flyers-Nashville Finals pick is not looking so hot.

I admit after spending a lot of time around the Kings that I picked them as a vague "dark horse" but when they f'ed up that home-and-home with San Jose, I thought they were cooked. Figured they'd be like Chicago last year, challenge Vancouver but bow out in 7. I have to admit they have gotten some breaks with injured opponents, bounces, etc but they have CRUISED to this point.

Crazy to think that people are calling them FAVORITES to win it all now. Good for me, I've been getting a lot of work out of the deal. People are still sleeping on Phoenix, I guess that's what happens when you play in some reverse Siberian wasteland. Bryzgalov was a stud there and no one even knew he was funny until this year! That is going to be a great series. Both teams are playing determined, both teams are playing rugged and both teams have all their guys buying in right now.

I like the Kings, more weapons, but then again I thought that about Nashville. Big-time backfire for them to extend the suspensions of their Ruskies. I get the feeling like Kostitsyn paid for Radulov's sins there, but who knows exactly what happened?

East is wide open. I picked the Caps to beat the Rangers and God I hope it happens. I LOATHE this Rangers team. I cannot WAIT until the day that their performance comes under fire. The New York Press is going to rip Torts to shreds. He really goes out of his way to be an a******. I could share stories about him and I haven't even worked in the market while he has been their coach! Fine coach but he didn't invent the game, just unfathomable arrogance. The press is too soft to even really call him out, I saw some guy try the other day and he just babbles. Grow some balls, New York. But they will get their revenge, as soon as they have a disappointing loss (like, say, to a seven seed!) or a losing streak next year, it will be on.

I didn't get to watch enough of Philly-NJ Game 3. Both teams are a little flaky. Flyers are starting to get thin and look a little weary, they desperately need a win tomorrow. It was a transition year for them so I think from a projection standpoint they either met or exceeded expectations. That said, they should beat New Jersey. They handled them well in the regular season and have more players even with a few injuries. I'll be disappointed if they lose but not crushed.

JUST GOT THIS AWESOME BLUES JERSEY TODAY BUT ITS DIRTY I HAD TO SWEEP IT UP :lol:

IMG_2012.jpg

Let's see what excuses people and commentators will come up with on why the Kings sweeped the Blues.

Rangers over Capitals in 5

Flyers over Devils in 7

Kings over Blues in 6

Coyotes over Predators 7

Sorry to say but your predictions are way off :)

Sorry to say but your predictions are way off :)

YeahI i know we only did it in 4 games :thumbsup: