chow_hound

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, egajdzis said:

Any chance you still have this available? I'm starting a small project and may need some orange CCM air-knit.

Thanks

Yes I do pm me 

• 1 month later...

Need a White mesh plate for an 80's north stars jersey and yellow ultrafil plate for an 80's Kings jersey.  Anybody?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a Brodeur sized red Ultrafil plate. Thanks fellas. 

47 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Looking for a 2.0 Flyers nameplate (for a white jersey). Bonus points if you could point me in the direction of someone with an accurate lettering kit for "Boucher." 

If you're referring to Brian Boucher, the nameplate you need is going to depend on what year white jersey you have.  If you have the older style white jersey from 2009/10, you may as well send the whole jersey to EPS.  They have white Edge nameplate material and can almost certainly do up that particular lettering kit very accurately.  If you have the 2010/11 or later white jersey, then you need a black twill nameplate, which anyone would have.  If you need the kit anyway, you may as well send the jersey to Philly Express, who was/is the team letterer for that style jersey.

He has an 09/10 jersey. 

It's inconsequential in this situation, but not sure if Philly Express would take his jersey directly.  He'd have to send it in through one of the Skate Zones.  I don't know if you can ship things to them or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Doc, in his Flyers Font thread JohnnyOnTheSpot mentioned that PE made his nameplates on "stocking" material.

I don't know if this is still the case, but given that more time has passed since PE has done those jerseys, you probably have even less chance now of getting Edge material from them.  I still think you're better off with EPS, since they do the font the same as PE, and will surely have white Edge material.  Just my two cents.

No problem, man. Like LAK said, PX may not have the correct material as everything Flyers/Phantoms they do is on twill (or felt for the 14-16 alternates). ?

I have a feeling they'll tell you they can't do it anyway, since you're not going through a Flyers Gear Zone. 

You know, I guess you could always try Ruberti's, too. I know I was dissuading you from going that route because of the troubles I've been having with them, but I know they have white Edge material. And maybe they've gotten more help in-house now. Might be worth a try. 

4 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Doc, in his Flyers Font thread JohnnyOnTheSpot mentioned that PE made his nameplates on "stocking" material.

I don't know if this is still the case, but given that more time has passed since PE has done those jerseys, you probably have even less chance now of getting Edge material from them.  I still think you're better off with EPS, since they do the font the same as PE, and will surely have white Edge material.  Just my two cents.

I got black EDGE material on two Flyers jerseys I had done up a few months back from PE.

Anyone know what nameplate material was used on the Philadelphia Phantoms jerseys from 2008-09?  The ones with the Toyota and Spectrum patches.  I might want to make a Giroux, but I'm not sure if the material should be purple Edge or Air-Knit. 

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/joe-callahan-of-the-bridgeport-soundtigers-challenges-claude-giroux-picture-id83348620

I found a Getty image from the previous 2007-08 season that is most definitely Air-Knit, so I'm a little confused as to what is correct.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/jesse-boulerice-of-the-philadelphia-phantoms-takes-a-face-off-during-picture-id79295067

I had always assumed they were Edge material, but I can't seem to recall if I ever had any proof or evidence of that.  However, I did send in one of those jerseys to Ruberti's years ago to do up as a Giroux, and they gave me a purple Edge nameplate.  (Not that that proves anything.)

• 4 weeks later...

Friends, I'm looking for a burgundy Pro Player nameplate.  Needs to be quite large as it's for an Avalanche Andreychuk jersey.