Nameplates Needed

chow_hound

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to follow up on the Pro Player Replica nameplate material search...............I scored a PP youth XL white Islanders replica for $10 ($5 + $5 shipping) on Ebay. A couple of small stains, but I got a big enough chunk for my plate and the material is an exact match.

Material on bottom is my jersey, folded material on top is the Isles material for the plate.

rsz_img_3083.jpg

I wound up stripping the crest and single shoulder patch from the jersey, in case anyone wants/needs one (you can PM me). Not sure if the dimensions are adjusted because it was a youth XL, or if the build/specs are the same as an authentic since it came from a replica, but if anyone has a need...

rsz_img_3088.jpgrsz_img_3090.jpgrsz_img_3087.jpg

The material underneath the crest was stained, and is being washed to see if it will come white. I was surprised at how much material I actually got out of the jersey. Got some from the back and front, of course, and the double shoulders also had small chunks (possibly enough material for a short nameplate like Roy, -or your favorite player with a 3 letter last name-), and I was surprised to find that the sleeves' hole pattern was oriented the right way if I cut and unwrapped them. If it weren't for a few stains I had to cut around the sleeves would have given two decent sized chunks. Here are all the pieces I got from the jersey. I'm using the largest chunk for my jersey, but if anyone has a need for a plate from this material I can measure each piece and see if I have the size you need, let me know.

rsz_img_3084.jpg

Glad to hear you found an exact match- and really cheap too- good work!

Glad to hear you found an exact match- and really cheap too- good work!

Yeah, exact match is nice and cheap is good. Thanks again for all the assists.

Thanks again for all the assists.

Glad to help you "get the goal"! :thumbsup:

Looking for an ultrafil nameplate to match the '94 purple Western Conference All Star jersey long enough to add Roenick on it....

Thank you

Just got a bunch of 2000/2001 All Star material in both N.A. Blue and World Red. Anyone need a plate?

Just got a bunch of 2000/2001 All Star material in both N.A. Blue and World Red. Anyone need a plate?

If you're offering, I have a Red World jersey I would like to have done up as a Fedorov, let me know if we can work something out.

This is more of a question than a request. I know that some eras/manufacturers you can use a replica as nameplate material because the materials match. Does anybody know if a 2002 All Star Game replica would be the same material as the authentic so I could use it for nameplate material if I come across one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mans-XL-NOS-CCM-WESTERN-CONFERENCE-All-Star-Sewn-Patch-NHL-Jersey-Never-Worn-/300768645131?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item460735500b

Anyone know if this would be good enough to cut up for nameplates? Is that a good price?

I have a replica of the same jersey that I want to get customized with Roenick (Tazer posted about it earlier for me).

Would this work?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item460735500b

Anyone know if this would be good enough to cut up for nameplates? Is that a good price?

I have a replica of the same jersey that I want to get customized with Roenick (Tazer posted about it earlier for me).

Would this work?

It might. I have experience with trying to find a nameplate for a 94 all star jersey. I actually had three of same western all star jerseys and all three of the purple's slightly varied. One of them actually had three different shades of purple on it. The front was one shade, the arms were a slightly different shade and the back where the nameplate goes was a another slightly different shade.

It might match and it might be slightly off. If your ok with a little variation it will be fine.

Hello friends!!!

I am in need of ONE nameplate...red ultrafil material for an '85-'86 or so Chicago Blackhawks Gunzo's pro jersey. it needs to be long enough to hold SAVARD on it. I already have the jersey so to make it complate and correct I need it ASAP!!

Any help obtaining this would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!! Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hoping to get a couple of projects done before next years world championships. Need air knit name plates for a blue authentic Sweden and replica red Russia.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you're talking about the blue Nike material, I can help with the Sweden plate.

Let me know how much you want for it. Thanks.

If you're talking about the blue Nike material, I can help with the Sweden plate.

OOOOH, me too. I'm thinking about getting a blue sweden, stripping it and having it done up as a Landeskog. No idea where to start with customization, but I know I'll need plate material. Thanks, sir.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody have some white xtrafil nameplate or material that I could turn into nameplates?

I'd be very eager to purchase if it was so available.

Thank you

I just picked up an Avs burgundy starter mesh and was checking ebay for some nameplate material. I came across these (there are quite a few) and though they might be worthy to cut up;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390486739452?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

They seem to be pretty darn close, and for potentially less than 20$ it might be worth a shot. There are a few days left on them so I figured I'd check here to see if anyone had any opinions on them... or if someone possibly had some actual burgundy starter mesh they would be willing to sell. Still debating on Sakic or Forsberg for the name though.

I just picked up an Avs burgundy starter mesh and was checking ebay for some nameplate material. I came across these (there are quite a few) and though they might be worthy to cut up;

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

They seem to be pretty darn close, and for potentially less than 20$ it might be worth a shot. There are a few days left on them so I figured I'd check here to see if anyone had any opinions on them... or if someone possibly had some actual burgundy starter mesh they would be willing to sell. Still debating on Sakic or Forsberg for the name though.

Well..........I was actually going to post this on my own but Pun, you've given me the perfect segue. My two Avs Starter whites, coincidentally Forsberg and Sakic, have nameplates made from Starter football replica jerseys. I've shown pics to a few members here and gotten responses that run the gamut (at least I assume so...the no-responses I've taken as dismissal). Here are a few pics for you (and everyone) to examine & scrutinize. I've found a lot of these football replicas on ebay (just bought another for $7 with shipping) and they are VERY close to a perfect match. The color is just barely off the brilliant white of the jersey , but with the black lettering and the backing fabric DA uses, you really have to look hard or have previous knowledge to notice it. The fabric is a little thinner also, but I equate it to buying a replica jersey of the same make to use for nameplate material - something I know many members here do themselves. So, take a look at my whites and see what you think, maybe this will help you make a decision. I would say this of the Sooner burgundy footballs: My white plates are made from Starter jerseys, so the mesh grain pattern is an exact match, and since your Sooners jersey is a Starter there's a good chance for matching grain. But, if the color isn't right, or isn't really, really close I wouldn't do it. Unfortunately though, you really won't be able to tell until you have both jerseys in your hands to match with your own eye. Absolutely worth taking a chance on something for under $10 in my opinion, if you can find a listing in that range. If you do and it's a match, let me know, post pics when the jersey gets done, and I'll probably do the same.

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3219.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3072.jpg

Yeah, those look pretty darn close Super. I'll give it a whirl on those one of those Sooners jerseys and post pics when I get them.

Yeah, those look pretty darn close Super. I'll give it a whirl on those one of those Sooners jerseys and post pics when I get them.

Nice. Can't wait to see how close the color is. Could solve a potentially expensive & frustrating issue.