chow_hound

Nameplates Needed

502 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

2 people who posted right above you have black and white airknit plates.

Also, chow_hound probably still has black ultrafil.

I just mastered how to annoy people on the forum 101 haha 

LAK74 thanks for always being so patient with me xD

Actually, I wasn't annoyed at all.  Sorry if it came across that way!

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Actually, I wasn't annoyed at all.  Sorry if it came across that way!

Haha I know you weren't. Thats what I mean. You're always so cool about it! thanks!

In need of a red ultrafil nameplate for a Hawks jersey.

Black flo-knit long enough for Lemieux.  Anybody have some?

Anyone have any white starter mesh plates?  

On 11/14/2016 at 7:41 PM, cowboys said:

Ok it's already cut up let me know 

Any chance you still have this available? I'm starting a small project and may need some orange CCM air-knit.

Thanks

26 minutes ago, egajdzis said:

Any chance you still have this available? I'm starting a small project and may need some orange CCM air-knit.

Thanks

Yes I do pm me 

Need a White mesh plate for an 80's north stars jersey and yellow ultrafil plate for an 80's Kings jersey.  Anybody?

I need a blue Nike plate for a 1996 USA or blue Sweden jersey.

I need a 2011 Pittsburgh Penguins Winter Classic nameplate.

19 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

I need a blue Nike plate for a 1996 USA or blue Sweden jersey.

Need is a very strong word. Also, same, probably.

If you guys have a blue 1996 USA, send it my way and I'll worry about the nameplate.

Looking for a Brodeur sized red Ultrafil plate. Thanks fellas. 

Looking for a 2.0 Flyers nameplate (for a white jersey). Bonus points if you could point me in the direction of someone with an accurate lettering kit for "Boucher." 

47 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Looking for a 2.0 Flyers nameplate (for a white jersey). Bonus points if you could point me in the direction of someone with an accurate lettering kit for "Boucher." 

If you're referring to Brian Boucher, the nameplate you need is going to depend on what year white jersey you have.  If you have the older style white jersey from 2009/10, you may as well send the whole jersey to EPS.  They have white Edge nameplate material and can almost certainly do up that particular lettering kit very accurately.  If you have the 2010/11 or later white jersey, then you need a black twill nameplate, which anyone would have.  If you need the kit anyway, you may as well send the jersey to Philly Express, who was/is the team letterer for that style jersey.

He has an 09/10 jersey. 

It's inconsequential in this situation, but not sure if Philly Express would take his jersey directly.  He'd have to send it in through one of the Skate Zones.  I don't know if you can ship things to them or not.

Found. Thx

Edited by chow_hound

Looking for this red in both airknit and ultrafil. Same red the Minnesota Wild use, which apparently is called "Montreal red." Go figure.

20170410_133342.jpg

BTW, I never thanked LAK74 or Josh for the help on the Flyers jersey. I just emailed Philly Express to ask for the Boucher nameplate. If they sell it to me, great. If not, I'll send it up to Keener in a larger order that I have planned. I have a 2008-09 GI #33 for another player that I'm going to swap out for Boucher and just keep the numbers. Also looking for a 2010 cup final patch to have added to this. 

Doc, in his Flyers Font thread JohnnyOnTheSpot mentioned that PE made his nameplates on "stocking" material.

I don't know if this is still the case, but given that more time has passed since PE has done those jerseys, you probably have even less chance now of getting Edge material from them.  I still think you're better off with EPS, since they do the font the same as PE, and will surely have white Edge material.  Just my two cents.

No problem, man. Like LAK said, PX may not have the correct material as everything Flyers/Phantoms they do is on twill (or felt for the 14-16 alternates). ?

I have a feeling they'll tell you they can't do it anyway, since you're not going through a Flyers Gear Zone. 

You know, I guess you could always try Ruberti's, too. I know I was dissuading you from going that route because of the troubles I've been having with them, but I know they have white Edge material. And maybe they've gotten more help in-house now. Might be worth a try. 

4 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Doc, in his Flyers Font thread JohnnyOnTheSpot mentioned that PE made his nameplates on "stocking" material.

I don't know if this is still the case, but given that more time has passed since PE has done those jerseys, you probably have even less chance now of getting Edge material from them.  I still think you're better off with EPS, since they do the font the same as PE, and will surely have white Edge material.  Just my two cents.

I got black EDGE material on two Flyers jerseys I had done up a few months back from PE.

I have a good-sized order going out to Keener soon. With the Edge plate being pretty simple I am confident about this jersey getting done no problem. Just swapping out the nameplate and adding a 2010 cup final patch, which Keener has. I just stripped the old plate and it only took me an hour to de-stitch!