Nameplates Needed

chow_hound

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got the Sooners starter mesh jersey today. Here is a comparison against the authentic Avs starter mesh.

The only visible difference that stands out to me is the size and spacing of the holes. The Sooners jersey has a little bit wider spacing and wider holes. The color is absolutely spot on, although the lighting in the picture makes it seem a TINY bit off. The texture is a bit different in that the Sooners jersey is more lightweight compared to the Avs.

The Sooners jersey is on top of the Avs jersey in the pic (the top of the pic is the Avs/bottom is Sooners for clarification)

Hope this helps!

20121105193640.jpg

Got the Sooners starter mesh jersey today. Here is a comparison against the authentic Avs starter mesh.

The only visible difference that stands out to me is the size and spacing of the holes. The Sooners jersey has a little bit wider spacing and wider holes. The color is absolutely spot on, although the lighting in the picture makes it seem a TINY bit off. The texture is a bit different in that the Sooners jersey is more lightweight compared to the Avs.

The Sooners jersey is on top of the Avs jersey in the pic (the top of the pic is the Avs/bottom is Sooners for clarification)

Hope this helps!

20121105193640.jpg

Hmmmmm. Not bad, really. Honestly, I'm surprised the hole size and pattern are what separate the two. I thought for sure if there was going to be a difference it would be in the color. My white NFL Starter replicas are lighter weight, too but once it has the backing and letters sewn on, there isn't really any way to tell. So, what do you think you'll do? Is it close enough to make a plate?

Hmmmmm. Not bad, really. Honestly, I'm surprised the hole size and pattern are what separate the two. I thought for sure if there was going to be a difference it would be in the color. My white NFL Starter replicas are lighter weight, too but once it has the backing and letters sewn on, there isn't really any way to tell. So, what do you think you'll do? Is it close enough to make a plate?

If this was the next jersey in line to be customized, I would have no problem sending it out now with this material. However, I have about 20 others jerseys that need to be done up as well, so I figure it can't hurt to wait to see if the "real deal" ever turns up.

I have to say...I'm a big fan of this whole cutting up a Sooners jersey. Yay! Boo Big XII!!

20121105232347.jpg

It's possible. I don't have any acetone though and I didn't really want to spend the time trying... although it would have been good practice since I've never done that before.

It's possible. I don't have any acetone though and I didn't really want to spend the time trying... although it would have been good practice since I've never done that before.

Well, keep that in mind then. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

In the next month, or so, I'll be getting a few blue retro Oilers done up. I have no way of finding the edge material, so I think I'm going to cut up the 58+ I have as a sacrifice. If anyone can think of a better way to get the material, I'm all ears. Or eyes. Whatever. Otherwise, I'll be using it for a couple Halls and an Eberle. That's not a huge amount of material, so with all the blue Oilers floating around lately, I'd expect a few people to need some. I'll post here when that time comes and I should have plenty extra to help a few people out if they're looking for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in the junior section, I apologize for the double post, but I feel like I might have more luck here...

I am looking for 2 blank red Wild nameplates. I recently picked up a Halifax Mooseheads replica, and when I took it to the customizer, I noticed he was using the wrong material for the namebar. He does the names and numbers well...

The Mooseheads jerseys are essentially identical to the Minnesota Wild home reds. So I am looking to see if I can find a nameplate for my friend and I to take to the customizer...

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys, anybody have or know where i can get some eggplant ccm ultrafil material for my 90's ccm ducks. big enough for a kariya?

hey guys, anybody have or know where i can get some eggplant ccm ultrafil material for my 90's ccm ducks. big enough for a kariya?

I actually have a ducks eggplant replica ultrafil jersey from a mens league I can give you if you just pay for the shipping.

21500979280-vi.jpg

...I can give you if you just pay for the shipping.

Love it when collectors help each other out!

Cudos.

edit - you should cut it up just to save on shipping, and maybe some other collectors here can use some of the rest? Just a thought....