Nameplates Needed

chow_hound

CUstom Crafted? Are you sure?

A few of my Preds gamers have CC marking inside including my 99-00 G. Johnson ... and xahlgoalie acquired several preseason 98 Preds jerseys when they auctioned off the inventory.

The jerseys he got were actually from the Cutting Edge auction, not Custom Crafted.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CUstom Crafted? Are you sure? I have a few pics of gw Kjellberg that has kiss cut numbers and the stitching doesn't look like their work. The nameplate was sewn with a small z-stitch but CC goes big and wide. And I don't thing they had the equipment to make kiss cut lettering. Everything was handcut. Maybe I've just never seen a CC stamp on a Preds jersey before.

Just looked .. it was cutting edge ... not CC. My bad. Drinking and too many hours awake is not good for keeping companies starting with CU straight. :unsure:

That is just one of my many questions about the jerseys that were recently listed as preseason "game worn" shirts. A couple were sized differently than other supposed preseason gamers out there ... why are there multiple home and road "worn" jerseys of the same player from preseason of a then first year team that velcroed names onto the shirts and was notorious about saving money ... if these were truly worn rather than just prepped, why weren't they sold through Detroit Hockey Co like the others ...

Got the jersey in the mail. I can't shed much light on the issue due to the fact it wasn't sent with any documentation (message pending to the sender to see if he can send me some), although there is wear on the jersey, most noticeably to the right of the back "0." Looks like it could've been worn during a preseason game or two. I'll update you when I hear back from the seller.

Hi, first-time poster and huge Avs fan here......

Welcome aboard! Always nice to see a fellow avs fan in the threads.

Welcome aboard! Always nice to see a fellow avs fan in the threads.

Thanks. It seems like there's a good number of us here. By the way, any help you could lend in obtaining a non-Starter game-used Sakic jersey would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thanks. It seems like there's a good number of us here. By the way, any help you could lend in obtaining a non-Starter game-used Sakic jersey would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Wow... I'm not the guy. BurnabyJoeSakic (Jay) is your best bet for a contact to get that search going. Hope your budget is big :D. When you get one, post pics.

Wow... I'm not the guy. BurnabyJoeSakic (Jay) is your best bet for a contact to get that search going. Hope your budget is big :D. When you get one, post pics.

Thanks. I've been a fan of Jay's collection for a while. I had no limit on my budget if the item's right (and it's not extravagant). How much are Sakic gamrs typically?

Also, way to go on putting Podes in your profile. He definitely deserves more recognition than he gets (not to say he doesn't get much, just that I'd love to see him get more).

Thanks. I've been a fan of Jay's collection for a while. I had no limit on my budget if the item's right (and it's not extravagant). How much are Sakic gamrs typically? Also, way to go on putting Podes in your profile. He definitely deserves more recognition than he gets (not to say he doesn't get much, just that I'd love to see him get more).

Here's an auction from gamewornauctions.net that sold a Sakic gamer for just over 3k: http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1995_96_Joe_Sakic_Avalanche_Game_Worn_Jersey_1st_Year_Avalanche_Stanley_Cup_Season_Conn_Smythe_Season_Team_Letter-2579-82.html

and a 3rd burgundy for about 2,800: http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=29261 Jay will definitely have more insight for you.

As for Podein, I loved that guy. 3rd line checker who could finish, and scored some big goals against the Red Wings, too. My newest white Starter blank will either be a Podein or a Kamensky. I keep toggling back and forth, can't decide. Probably liked Podein better as a player, but I like Kamensky's name and #13 better. Tough call. Will always love the story of how he slept in his gear the night they won the cup.

Here's an auction from gamewornauctions.net that sold a Sakic gamer for just over 3k: http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1995_96_Joe_Sakic_Avalanche_Game_Worn_Jersey_1st_Year_Avalanche_Stanley_Cup_Season_Conn_Smythe_Season_Team_Letter-2579-82.html

and a 3rd burgundy for about 2,800: http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=29261 Jay will definitely have more insight for you.

As for Podein, I loved that guy. 3rd line checker who could finish, and scored some big goals against the Red Wings, too. My newest white Starter blank will either be a Podein or a Kamensky. I keep toggling back and forth, can't decide. Probably liked Podein better as a player, but I like Kamensky's name and #13 better. Tough call. Will always love the story of how he slept in his gear the night they won the cup.

Thanks for the links.

I'd go for Podein in a heartbeat. Nothing against Kamensky, but what Podes brought to the team was absolutely huge during his tenure, and I love that story about his post-Cup celebration, too. I still think Podein-Yelle-Hinote is the best checking line they've ever had (although the line with Yeller, Ricci and Keane was pretty lethal).

I am Looking for a Avs size 56 to do Podein JERSEY as well even a Game issued one from that year to strip ,I have a Flyers one already he was a good player on both teams

Thanks for the links.

I'd go for Podein in a heartbeat. Nothing against Kamensky, but what Podes brought to the team was absolutely huge during his tenure, and I love that story about his post-Cup celebration, too. I still think Podein-Yelle-Hinote is the best checking line they've ever had (although the line with Yeller, Ricci and Keane was pretty lethal).

I am Looking for a Avs size 56 to do Podein JERSEY as well even a Game issued one from that year to strip ,I have a Flyers one already he was a good player on both teams

All right boys, I think I'm being sold on Podein instead of Kamensky. Got a few others in the works for now, but #25 will be in the pipeline in the near future. Thanks for the Podein-love...helped me make the decision.

BTW-Cowboys, here's a burgundy 54 from a great seller. On sale right now...and he's good about taking offers. He's a great guy as far as I've experienced, loves jerseys and knows his stuff. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorado-Avalanche-Authentic-Jersey-Fight-Strap-Rare-Pro-Player-99-00-Center-Ice-/271074013266?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f1d453052 I've heard Pro-Players run big. May be worth asking him to measure. I had him measure a 52 for me and it was 27 1/2 pit to pit! If this 54 runs that big it may be the right size, even if it isn't the right "size".

Has anyone customized the made in Indo premier jerseys? If so, what's the proper namebar material to use and where can I get it? I do not want to use twill! For instance looking to have a Murray Sharks home jersey jersey done :)

A Premier is a replica jersey, so it is not made with the exact same materials as the on-ice jersey. This is just an opinion, but it probably makes little sense to worry too much about "proper" nameplate materials for replicas if you're not concerned about the fact that the entire Premier jersey is not accurate to start with (material-wise) when compared to the on-ice Edge jersey. That said, if you want a material that looks close in texture to the Premier back panel, then you'll probably want Edge stretch mesh, although it's not an exact match. This material, especially in a color like teal, is probably not going to be easy to find- you would just have to use a large volume customizer like Exclusive Pro Sports for example, specifically ask for it and hope they have it in stock.

I need navy blue Nike air knit for a 1998 US Olympic jersey. Need enough for Granato.

I have authentic Nike Swift Sweden yellow if anybody is interested.

A Premier is a replica jersey, so it is not made with the exact same materials as the on-ice jersey. This is just an opinion, but it probably makes little sense to worry too much about "proper" nameplate materials for replicas if you're not concerned about the fact that the entire Premier jersey is not accurate to start with (material-wise) when compared to the on-ice Edge jersey. That said, if you want a material that looks close in texture to the Premier back panel, then you'll probably want Edge stretch mesh, although it's not an exact match. This material, especially in a color like teal, is probably not going to be easy to find- you would just have to use a large volume customizer like Exclusive Pro Sports for example, specifically ask for it and hope they have it in stock.

Thanks you for your help! I guess its not worth the hassle for a replica. Will go hunting for proper nameplates for authentic jerseys only.

Looking for the following plates:

Flames 03-04 black jersey (horsehead)

Flames 03-04 white jersey

If anyone knows where I could get any of these please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone with white/maroon (I need both) starter mesh

I need to customize a couple of starter Avs jerseys that I have been sitting on for a couple of years......

Anyone with white/maroon (I need both) starter mesh

I need to customize a couple of starter Avs jerseys that I have been sitting on for a couple of years......

I have a factory nameplate that came with an Avs burgundy starter mesh. The plate is already constructed and does not match Denver Athletic's curve, so if you're doing a player with more than three letters in the name, it won't work. However, if you're planning on doing a Roy, it should be fine. Let me know.