CSKA Moscow jersey help

ic0dex

Hey guy i just purchased this on eBay and the reason I purchased is because the jersey just looks awesome. I was wondering what year is the jersey from and who are some of the players that got to wear this jersey. I search Google but no luck everything is in russian.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Russian-Hockey-Jersey-fight-strap-Size-52-/230780550332?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35bb97bcbc#ht_500wt_1159

I've not seen that style with the eagle before. I have seen jerseys that look exactly like that with the penguin crest. It's possible it's from the Red Army Jr. team at the time. If I remember correctly that style with the penguin was worn in the late '90's early 2000's.

Another problem is that at one time there were 2 UCKA (Red Army) teams in Moscow for at least one season.

Who is the jersey made by? I've seen the UCKA Penguin jerseys with the stars on them made by Lutch. I've seen them without all the stars on the front and back, just the Penguin inside a star, made by Bauer.

Ive seen that jersey on eBay a lot, there is a white and black version. Its ccm ultrafil, but I dont know when it was used.

It should arrive by the end of the week and I will post more information about the jersey then. I also did some research and that style of jersey was used but with the penguin logo and it's a team from the KHL.

It should arrive by the end of the week and I will post more information about the jersey then. I also did some research and that style of jersey was used but with the penguin logo and it's a team from the KHL.

I'm thinking it's a Red Army jersey from the early 90's. It could be from the Bauer "Russian Authentics" collection but I only remember the white version of it. Traktor, Sokol Kiev, Omsk, Spartak and possibly one other team was available. I kind of remember CCM also offering a Red Army jersey in an authentic version just before the Russian Penguins era started.

I'm thinking it's a Red Army jersey from the early 90's. It could be from the Bauer "Russian Authentics" collection but I only remember the white version of it. Traktor, Sokol Kiev, Omsk, Spartak and possibly one other team was available. I kind of remember CCM also offering a Red Army jersey in an authentic version just before the Russian Penguins era started.

The white one that resently sold on eBay was a CCM and I think this one is too.

The jersey is made by CCM and it has the 94-96 CCM neck tag, the one when it would say Ultrafil or Air-Knit on the tag. SO I'm assuming it's from 94-96 or maybe 97.

Here is the same jersey style and colors but with the Penguin logo:

penguins00300.jpg

and here is the one I got:

IMG_1856.jpgIMG_1857.jpg

Probably not all that helpful, but I had and sold one earlier this year that was #97 with the captain's K on it. I picked it up with a bunch of other jerseys, but I decided I'd never have any use for it, so I sold it before I did any further research. Maybe if someone can read the name it'll be some sort of help?

DSCN0572.jpg

My dad says the name in the jersey is an American name spelled in Russian and the name is Conway. Anyone knows who's Conway?

My dad says the name in the jersey is an American name spelled in Russian and the name is Conway. Anyone knows who's Conway?

Doing a search on hockey DB has come up empty, nobody named Conway appears to have played for the team, and searching the name Conway on there brings up a few results but nobody who has played in Russia for any team.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/display_players.php?tmi=5073

From what I know about the team, the Penguins owned the team from sometime in the mid 90's up through the early 2000's which is why their jerseys featured the Penguin logo and they were referred to as the Russian Penguins. Russia has a lot of Junior and Amateur teams over there that get really nice jerseys and are similar to the pro jerseys, perhaps that's what this is or maybe this is a protype of what they were going to wear prior to being owned by the Penguins?

Man I want to get this jersey customized so bad but no reference pictures except for the one above.

I would almost say for certain that the jersey you have was never worn at the professional level. I could be very wrong but the jerseys they wore prior to the Penguins ownership were not that style either. The Russian league has a tendency to carry a lot of the team names down to the minor/junior and even amateur levels, although this jersey seems to have a lot more detail than most pro teams wore at that time let alone lower levels. Regardless of orgin it's an awesome jersey and I wish we could figure out more about it.

True at the end its just an awesome jersey and so much detail is put into it. I love how the stars are individually stitched. Like I said I'll try to find out who played for the CSKA Mascow and just go with that. Thanks for all of your help boys you guys are just awesome :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't have to be Russian per se. I don't think this is a CSKA Moscow jersey. Two eagles make no sense at all for the army club, not air force ... But perhaps in Kazakhstan it would make more sense to have eagles.