Wear your name?

Kaiser416

This topic has probably been talked about. With a lack of good players that wore the current leafs jersey with the vector logo, I contemplated about putting my own name on the jersey. Some may consider this a jersey foul, but some think this is a way of being part of the team. Also you don't have to worry about the player being traded or declining. Just wondering if you guys have your own jersey.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one, a Blues, and I regret it everyday I breathe. It's just stupid lol. Do what you want, but seriously, it just ends up being a "whyyy?" The first time someone said to me "Didn't know the Blues had a number 47 named Bonewicz" I was ashamed.

My first jersey has my last name on it #16 (time Palffy was on the team). I would never customize a jersey with my name on it, unless I intend on using it during a game.

I would never do it unless there is a guy on the team. My last name is Beck so have thought about getting an old Rod Beck Cubs jersey. Girlfriend's last name is Scott so if he had stuck around I may have got her one of those for the Hawks.

Need to get me a Keith Carney game worn (my last name)!

I would never do it. Plus why would I want everyone to know my last name. It's more of a safety issue for me. Being a Latino hockey fan there is an almost zero chance of a player having the same last name as me which is Rosales. I have only met two people ever who have the same last name as me, oddly enough I helped a customer at work who had the same first and last name as me.

I would never do it. Plus why would I want everyone to know my last name. It's more of a safety issue for me. Being a Latino hockey fan there is an almost zero chance of a player having the same last name as me which is Rosales. I have only met two people ever who have the same last name as me, oddly enough I helped a customer at work who had the same first and last name as me.

What the hell are people going to do with your last name, man? Unless there's a new KKK-esque group that targets people with the last name of "Rosales," I think you're fine haha. PS, just looked it up on hockeydb.com, no one...ever.

Being a Latino hockey fan there is an almost zero chance of a player having the same last name as me which is Rosales

That's because the NHL is afraid of giving sharp objects to Latinos :P

Normally I would call it a jersey foul, but since it's the Leafs you could probably play for them so you might as well put your own name on it.

My last name is Bond. I have a Jeremy Bonderman jersey and would like to add a Peter Bondra jersey...but so far there haven't been any good Bonds in any of the major pro sports leagues.

Lucky for me, there's a player with my last name. (Retired though)

Oh man, I just remembered there's a Leafs player with my last name. :|

What the hell are people going to do with your last name, man? Unless there's a new KKK-esque group that targets people with the last name of "Rosales," I think you're fine haha. PS, just looked it up on hockeydb.com, no one...ever.

I am not a paranoid person but I would rather not have info like a last name out in the open. My favorite team and player is another story. I looked up my last name for baseball and there are just two players who have made it in MLB.

That's because the NHL is afraid of giving sharp objects to Latinos :P

You are starting to sound like a co-worker of mine. Then again I make fun of him for living through the Civil War. :lol:

You are starting to sound like a co-worker of mine. Then again I make fun of him for living through the Civil War. :lol:

LOL!

I would never do it unless there is a guy on the team. My last name is Beck so have thought about getting an old Rod Beck Cubs jersey. Girlfriend's last name is Scott so if he had stuck around I may have got her one of those for the Hawks.

You should have went after this then....

My link

I have some with my last name on them that I use to play hockey in. Most of them were not in the best of shape when I got them so I wouldn't sell them anyway.

I have one jersey with my name on it but it was a gift from the college team I worked for as Media Director.

As for a gamer with my name on it, the best I can do is get a Nils Ekman jersey as it the closest to my actual last name.

I am with most here in that I would never put my name on the back of a jersey I didn't play in.

However, finding a gamer with my name on it was a big priority for me.

The spelling isn't exactly correct, but it is as close as I will come to having my name on an NHL jersey.

0910harroldb.jpg

For me, this question belongs in the "Would Never Wear??" Thread :thumbsup:

I am not a paranoid person but I would rather not have info like a last name out in the open. My favorite team and player is another story. I looked up my last name for baseball and there are just two players who have made it in MLB.

You sound a smidge paranoid to me haha.