Man cave ideas

St. Patrick

My wife and I are expanding from a town home into a larger single family home. I now have a basement which I plan on turning into a man cave. My intentions are to display all or most of my unique sports collectibles, and buy original autographed items. I thought it would be neat to see what other collectors have done with their collections and memorabilia.

Here is what I did for all of my Chicago Blackhawks stuff...

http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/q501/waymee99/Ultimate%20%20Blackhawks%20Fan%20Cave/

Any questions...feel free to ask...ENJOY....

The perfect man cave would have a huge John Elway poster, a signed Jered Weaver baseball, and the rest of the room filled with Anaheim Ducks memorabilia. If you want an O.K. man cave I guess you can put at least one Avalanche collectable.

While I live at home (its okay, Im 19), I have thought about my future man cave. I want a nice sized TV, mini fridge, popcorn cart, foosball table, ping-pong table, locker room set up with a couple of jerseys/gu merchandise, synthetic ice/shooting surface with boards/glass and a goal (with operational goal light), a nice couch and some of those dream seats, and a wall so I can frame a lot of my 8x10 pictures. Also for food, this Pretzel/pizza oven http://www.concessionequipment.net/contents/en-us/d108.html. I would also want one of those custom arcade games (where you can pick like 250 games + design the entire outer case).

This is one that I want to copy whenever I get around to finishing my basement:

Long%20wall%20wp.jpg

He later switched it to all Bruins:

Bruins%20on%20Display%20wp.jpg

Tazer19, that is sweet! It wouldn't let me say the upper female chest region.

THANK YOU... I know your not a Hawks fan...But its just an idea of how a nice paint job and properly placed memorabilia can really rock...

That looks great is that a Friend of yours

Don't get me wrong-the way the jerseys are displayed is awesome....But, there is no color...nothing but the jerseys in a clear case in a plain room with a chair and lamp and normally when you frame and display a jersey-the players name and # shows...But that's just my opinion...

Don't get me wrong-the way the jerseys are displayed is awesome....But, there is no color...nothing but the jerseys in a clear case in a plain room with a chair and lamp and normally when you frame and display a jersey-the players name and # shows...But that's just my opinion...

I personally would probably display the jerseys the other way around to show the name and number, or possibly mix it up a bit. To me the amazing thing is all of those jerseys in the cases are gamers. I'd never want to frame a gamer, I much prefer a mannequin style display or something else where they are protected but can also switch the display around frequently.

To answer cowboys, I don't know him I just found the pics online. His site is www.sjjerseys.com

Holy s*** Tazer that is quite the room! I've never liked fathead decals but Toews looks amazing hoisting the cup. Awesome collection you have! Seriously, no words can describe it.

But the closest thing to a man cave I have been to is my dentist's office. Which sounds weird, but he is a die hard White Sox fan, signed pictures, Jerseys, bobble heads, cards, bats, balls, stadium seats, you name it. I can't even imagine what his house looks like.

Unless his wife makes him keep it all there LOL

But the closest thing to a man cave I have been to is my dentist's office. Which sounds weird, but he is a die hard White Sox fan, signed pictures, Jerseys, bobble heads, cards, bats, balls, stadium seats, you name it. I can't even imagine what his house looks like.

One of my friend's dad has so much sports memorabilia (mostly baseball and football, but some hockey things including a Gretzky GU stick) in his dentist office.

Tazer, that is NICE really dig the stripe. Nice stylistic element to tie it all together.

I've been lucky enough to end up on a couple man-cave walls:

Hawks/Whalers

Blues

Tazer, that is NICE really dig the stripe. Nice stylistic element to tie it all together.

Thanks man...appreciate it...Stripes were the hardest part...had to laser level the red...then tape...then laser the white-then tape...then finally the black...took a few weeks to do it all but the end result made it all worth while...

Savard was thoroughly impressed with the paint job ;-)

Thanks man...appreciate it...Stripes were the hardest part...had to laser level the red...then tape...then laser the white-then tape...then finally the black...took a few weeks to do it all but the end result made it all worth while...

Savard was thoroughly impressed with the paint job ;-)

It turned out great! I bought a few items, and finding other things I forgot I had. Now I need to buy a crap load of frames for some pics. It will be a hodge-podge of Wild, North Stars, Leafs, Av's, Vikings, Broncos and some other weird stuff.

• 3 months later...

Awesome man cave! How can I get an invite to watch a Blackhawks game the next time I am in Chi-town? Love that Savard actually checked in at your cave. How did you pull that off?

I was in a contest through The Blackhawks, Comcast and The Great Escape called the Ultimate Hawks Fan Cave. I was interviewed by a Comcast crew and they loved my place. So my slot to be shown on tv was New Year's Eve during the Hawks pre-game. It just so happened that Savard was doing the pre-game and after he saw my Hawks Cave he told the Hawks if I win he wanted to check out my place...

So, I won...I was voted winner by the fans, the Comcast brass and Hawks brass and there I was thinking I was going to be interviewed by Comcast about how it felt to be the winner etc and down walks Savvy....

As a Die Hard Hawks fan I can not think of ANY BETTER FEEELING seeing Savvy in my cave and compliment me on my passion and dedication to the Indian Head!! He even invited to his home with Comcast to do an interview while they filmed all of his prized hockey possessions!!!

I was in a contest through The Blackhawks, Comcast and The Great Escape called the Ultimate Hawks Fan Cave. I was interviewed by a Comcast crew and they loved my place. So my slot to be shown on tv was New Year's Eve during the Hawks pre-game. It just so happened that Savard was doing the pre-game and after he saw my Hawks Cave he told the Hawks if I win he wanted to check out my place...

So, I won...I was voted winner by the fans, the Comcast brass and Hawks brass and there I was thinking I was going to be interviewed by Comcast about how it felt to be the winner etc and down walks Savvy....

As a Die Hard Hawks fan I can not think of ANY BETTER FEEELING seeing Savvy in my cave and compliment me on my passion and dedication to the Indian Head!! He even invited to his home with Comcast to do an interview while they filmed all of his prized hockey possessions!!!

That's an insane story. I know he's not a legend for my team, but I can only imagine that it would be like to have Roenick check out my man cave (once its completed) and love it the way Savard loved yours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry to re-hash here, but I didn't want to clutter up SunGod's topic.

I'd love to have something similar to the statue that holds the shards of Narsil in Rivendell (LoTR: Fellowship of the Ring, keep up!). Although in this case, instead of a sword - have the shards of a broken stick displayed. Better yet, if it's a broken game used then you could have the statue of whoever's stick it is holding it.

4253997087_b721f42535_z.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here is what I did for all of my Chicago Blackhawks stuff...

http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/q501/waymee99/Ultimate%20%20Blackhawks%20Fan%20Cave/

Any questions...feel free to ask...ENJOY....

Very nice!! A bit of a Blackhawk clusterfuck... meant w no disrespect. Very cool!!