R.I.P ADAM YAUCH AKA MCA

:(:(:( NO!! NO!! NO!! NO!!

A bunch of "Punks" that changed the face of the music for all time.

Unreal. Wow. I'm so upset I had to leave work early. Not kidding.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/rip-beastie-boys-adam-yauch/story-fn7mjoe2-1226347381861

Licence to Ill was the 3rd record I ever owned. (Record as in 12" black plastic things).

Im glad I got work at a REAL record store (Record as in 12" black plastic things) during their hello nasty era.

Long Live MCA!

I came home from school and Tommy Lee had it posted on his Facebook, it was the first thing I saw. Unbelievable. Beastie Boys were the first concert I ever saw, Central Park Summerstage in 2007. All the way in the back, in the top row of the bleachers that were set up, and there were a few drunk firefighters at the top of the bleachers next to us SHAKING the s*** out of them for most of the night.

I've seen a lot of great shows since then, but Beasties still rank right behind AC/DC at the top of my list. I'll never forget that night, and I was hoping I'd get to see them one more time. That'll never happen now :(

RIP MCA

I was hoping I'd get to see them one more time. That'll never happen now :(

RIP MCA

You took the words out of my mouth man.

It's that fact alone that's killing me right now.

B.E.A.S.T.I.E! B.E.A.S.T.I.E!

It's terrible man. All I kept hearing was that they wouldn't tour until MCA was cancer-free, and they made it sound like he was gonna beat it. 2007 was before I had a camera too, so I don't even have that concert documented anywhere, which sucks. I burned a bunch of CD's for the car so I have something to listen to on the drive to and from school every day, but no Beastie Boys.

I think in honor of MCA, Sabotage would sound good blasting out my car windows with the bass cranked to 11 while I speed down the straight stretch of road that leads to the campus gate on Tuesday :D

It's terrible man. All I kept hearing was that they wouldn't tour until MCA was cancer-free, and they made it sound like he was gonna beat it. 2007 was before I had a camera too, so I don't even have that concert documented anywhere, which sucks. I burned a bunch of CD's for the car so I have something to listen to on the drive to and from school every day, but no Beastie Boys.

I think in honor of MCA, Sabotage would sound good blasting out my car windows with the bass cranked to 11 while I speed down the straight stretch of road that leads to the campus gate on Tuesday :D

Cant wait to see who's on the tribute album.

I saw the Beastie Boys in Central Park a few years ago, and its still one of the best shows I've ever seen, and I've seen my fair share. I like to consider myself a fairly decent sized Beastie Boys fan, and this one just really saddens me.

I have a bunch of live shows I can post..let me know I will post the links or send PM's not sure if that is allowed..If you want them just shoot me a message

Josh

I have a bunch of live shows I can post..let me know I will post the links or send PM's not sure if that is allowed..If you want them just shoot me a message

Josh

MP3s?

If you have the '07 Central Park show or the one at Brooklyn Pool from the next night, that would be amazing.