Chicago Blackhawks Nation...

Hello fellow forum members...

I wanted to start a post-maybe even get our own section- for all of us Chicago Blackhawks Fans. I would like to get more involved on the boards and get to know my fellow Blackhawk fans!! Hear you thoughts on the team now and what you think we need to succeed in the upcoming season. Hear your thoughts on your favorite teams of the past or favorite Hawks memory.

Here are two links to show my PASSION for the Indian Head sweater.

http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/q501/waymee99/

http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/q501/waymee99/Ultimate%20%20Blackhawks%20Fan%20Cave/

I have been a fan since about 1st grade. My best friend in grammar school was the youngest of 13. His brothers were all CRAZY Chicago sports fans and they got me involved with the Hawks about 1976. We played hockey after school and then listened to the Hawks on the radio and it just steam rolled from there ;-) By the following season I knew the entire roster.

About 5th grade after working on the weekends with my uncle I had my first authentic jersey from Gunzo's-a home white # 18 Savard. About every 7-8 weeks I would have my uncle take me right to Gunzo's after work and order a new jersey. Since then my collection has grown to well over 113 Blackhawks jerseys-either authentic, game worn or game issued.

Some of my favorite memories are going to Chicago Stadium and watching the Hawks play the North Stars and having the crowd chant Dino Sucks, Dino Sucks, Dino Sucks !!! AWESOME!!! Any game at the Stadium was a treat but the North Stars coming to town was like a Cup Finals game.

If you go back and pick out HISTORIC games in Hawks history at the Stadium I was more then likely there!! Savard notching his 1000th point vs. St. Louis...the '91 All Star Game and skills competition...'92 Cup Finals....and of course the last game in Chicago Stadium...

So, I started this off...Hopefully I can meet some new friends and fans and collectors...Let's Go Hawks- Let's Go Hawks- Let's Go Hawks Fans !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am sort of shocked that I posted this thread almost 10 days ago and got absolutely no replies at all!! I can not be the only Blackhawks fan on these boards with stories about the love of the franchise...

C'mon people let's get it going and show why we have the GREATEST NHL fan-base of any franchise in the league !!!

Growing up I was a Bulls fan (of course, living in Illinois in the 90s, who wasn't) and as a kid I always loved ice skating, but it didn't occur to me to start watching hockey until high school. I've only been a Blackhawks fan for about 5 years.

Thoughts about the team: trade Crawford.

Ha

My earliest memories of the Hawks are watching in black and white on UHF TV with my dad. I'm so thrilled that WWW is gone, and I can again see most games on TV! And HDTV is a little better than how I started watching... rolleyes.gif

For next year they need to get healthy, and they need a big, mean, goon. Where is Probert when you need him?

I think the team of the early 90's was more stacked then the 2010 Cup team but never finished. I still have VHS tapes from that era and watch them in the summer when there is no hockey to watch.

Awesome team in the early to mid 90's.

Die hard fan since 88' and still wish ol' Dollar Bill Wirtz lived up to his word and retired Roenick in a Hawks sweater.

Still have the "blue line" that had the headline - "Wirtz survives heart attack and a city mourns"

Anybody remeber the fan that had a White Ultrafil jersey made up with "Wirtz" on the name plate and the Dollar bill sign as a number on the back?

I wonder where that one is now?

What else... oh yeah - Boo Chelios!! Traitor!!

PS. never liked the bulls, basketball is dumb... and the cause of me sitting in the back of a bar - watching the Hawks - by my self - on a 13in tv.

Big Hawks fan since high school! I was attracted to the Hawks because of the uniform, which is the best uniform in sports!!

I was so thrilled to see the Hawks live in action @ NHL Premiere 2009 in Helsinki and met Rocky Wirtz, Patrick Sharp and Brian Campbell. Very high on my to-do-list: VISIT CHICAGO AND A HAWKS HOME GAME! I'm also a big Chicago sports fan in general and support the Bears, Bulls and Cubs!

I try to collect as much Hawks stuff as I can (jerseys, autographs, trading cards, books, mags, McFarlanes (although some of them are really crappy!))

I hope that the Hawks get rid of Bowman quickly cuz he's a crappy GM. No more Lepisto's, Pisani's and Morrison's please! I also was really ticked off that John Scott had to go, he was one of my favourite guys on the roster!

I also was really ticked off that John Scott had to go, he was one of my favourite guys on the roster!

I hope you're not being sarcastic. I love John Scott, but I haven't talked to many others that do too!

I was honestly pissed off when he was traded.

I hope you're not being sarcastic. I love John Scott, but I haven't talked to many others that do too!

I was honestly pissed off when he was traded.

Nope, I wasn't joking! Scott was a guy that the Hawks needed: he improved a lot after his first season with the Hawks, he was a great locker room guy and he is/was the most feared enforcer in the league. The Hawks NEED a big guy..although Jamal Mayers does a fine job (contract extension, hooray!) and Bollig is OK, but he didn't impress me in most of his fights.

Nope, I wasn't joking! Scott was a guy that the Hawks needed: he improved a lot after his first season with the Hawks, he was a great locker room guy and he is/was the most feared enforcer in the league. The Hawks NEED a big guy..although Jamal Mayers does a fine job (contract extension, hooray!) and Bollig is OK, but he didn't impress me in most of his fights.

I agree! I'm so happy I found a fellow fan that feels the same lol. All my friends thought he was useless.

He was useless in NY, but then again, so was Mike Rupp, and he has a multi year, multi million dollar deal.

He was probably so depressed he had to leave Chicago that he didn't try. Joking. But hopefully he gets it into gear and the Rangers will be able to play him next season.

I on the other hand didn't think he helped the team.

Sorry, very likable guy and I thought he tried hard but it seemed every time he set foot on the ice it was an automatic penalty kill or a goal against.

He was a nice card to throw if you needed it (poor Westgarth) but most teams in the Hawks division didn't carry a legit enforcer where we needed to have him and unfortunately Scott took to many reputation penalties.

Bollig was refreshing because he could keep up and drop em if needed. (not like that Ben Eager wuss)

I think it was addition by subtraction.

Sorry if I don't agree with you guys.

Don't be sorry. Everyone has their own opinion and I do see your point of view. But I would look forward to watching him.

I loved John Scott off the ice, great person, funny person. On the ice I wanted him to succeed but sadly his hockey skills are not really up to par for the NHL. The Hawks had a pretty bad back end this year so him being out there didn't really hurt the team. On a good team you'd notice his lack of skill a lot more.

He was useless in NY, but then again, so was Mike Rupp, and he has a multi year, multi million dollar deal.

Mike Rupp won your team the 2012 WC.....

Hope the 'Hawks get rid of Carcillo. The guy is nothing but trouble on the ice. <_<

Hope the 'Hawks get rid of Carcillo. The guy is nothing but trouble on the ice. <_<

Couldn't agree more.

I think "car-bomb" was a dud...

That dude seriously has a screw loose.

So, I started this off...Hopefully I can meet some new friends and fans and collectors...Let's Go Hawks- Let's Go Hawks- Let's Go Hawks Fans !!!!

I grew up in the northside burbs and played travel hockey my entire life, as did my two brothers. My dad and his pal first got season tickets in the mid-1980s in the mezzanine in the Old Stadium. Seeing the massive fights and off-duty cops in yellow windbreakers coming in a cracking skulls was quite a sight for a little kid. I went to Blackhawks camp at age 9 and met Doug Wilson, which was pretty fun. I went to game three of the 92 Cup Finals, when we lost 1-0 on a deflected goal. I was at game 3 against the Leafs in 94 where Amonte had four goals and the JR OT winner in game 4. I was at the Leafs game 7 win in 95, after they overcame losing the first two at home. Those years also had some bad times, as I was at the double ot loss to the Wings in game 3 of the Conference Finals, and the triple ot loss to the Avalanche in 96 (when Roenick was tripped on a breakaway in the first ot and we did not even get a power play).

My family kept our season tickets throughout all the lean years, I moved to DC 6 years ago so have not been to as many games recently, but try to go to 7-10 annually. was at the Winter Classic at Wrigley, and Games 1 and 6 of the 2010 Finals. Took the train to Philly to meet my dad for game 6, it was nuts.

Game6.jpg

I have 16 Hawks jerseys, all are authentics, one game worn. Four are TBTC Barber Poles.

• 3 months later...

Just joined. Been a huge Blackhawks fan since I was a kid. Only a novice with the jerseys. I have a hand full that I wear when I go back to Chicago to see a game, or when I catch a game in San Jose, CA. I have tickets for the Oct 20th game vs. Detroit so I am praying that the lockout is averted!

Tich

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined. Been a huge Blackhawks fan since I was a kid. Only a novice with the jerseys. I have a hand full that I wear when I go back to Chicago to see a game, or when I catch a game in San Jose, CA. I have tickets for the Oct 20th game vs. Detroit so I am praying that the lockout is averted!

Tich

Fingers crossed! And welcome aboard! :)

• 2 months later...

This lockout in killing me... Just a bummer. I was lucky enough while I was in Chicago in October to see Toews, Kane, Sharp, Campbell, and few others practice at Johnny's Ice House West. I got some pics with Kane and Toews after I told them that I had made the trip out from California for the cancelled game vs. Detroit. They were both good sports.

• 1 year later...

Hi! Hope you guys don't mind me bumping an old thread, but I saw Blackhawks, and I had to post :)

I actually only got into hockey recenrly. I have a friend who was an avid fan of hockey. I remember one day she was excited about the lockout in 2013 ending and mentioning that she was going to go watch a game on TV, so I said I would watch with her for the fun of if. She's been a Hawks fan since she was still a kid, so I cheered for them too. It's not like I knew any better to know who to root for, so I just trusted her opinion and went with what she liked lol. And wouldn't you know it, the Hawks would go to win the Cup that year :)

It didn't take me long to realize that Patrick Kane would be one of my favorite players. I think it only took about a game or two before I decided that the guy had magic hands. I really liked his playmaking abilities. Eventually, I would go and get my first premier jersey with his name on it. After becoming more knowledgable about the game, I began to like Hossa more too due to his skill both with and without the puck, so I got my first edge jersey with him on it.

I am still a huge hockey noobie, in my opinion. There are still a lot of things I don't know, and I still often consult to my friend when there's something I want to learn more about (I honestly don't trust the NHL analysts. They're too biased in my opinion!). But I'm enjoying learning more about the game and learning more about all the other teams, not just the Hawks. I'm looking forward to my first live game in March when the Hawks visit the Stars :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this thread. Love your fan cave.

Been a hawks fan ever since I can remember. My first game at the Stadium was Jan 12, 1986. I think it was against hartford. It was the same day the Bears won the NFC Championship. I fell in love immediately.

I've got a few jerseys, my favorite is a white Belfour. Ive been looking for a TBTC jersey like the one in the original post for years. If anyone has a lead on one, I am interested!

Go Hawks. Winter Classic was a great game, tough ending.

So glad John Scott is not on this team anymore. by the way ;)