The Official UEFA Euro 2012 Thread of Hate

guam64

Alright, with the tournament coming up in less than 10 days I figure I will get the hate flowing since there appears to be a few footy fans hiding out here. I am just going to assume no one is going since some irrelevant island said the racists there will kill you if you go.

It's my 2nd favorite tournament in all of sports after the FIFA World Cup, mostly because it's just too enjoyable to watch English people be more miserable than they already were when they have to watch their national team fail at the game that they think belongs to them.

The kits are pretty disappointing all the way around. France is probably the team that got better looking kits compared to the WC and that's because they switched from Adidas to Nike.

I think it will come down to Germany and France. They both actually have talent on their teams and decent managers. I love watching Barcelona/Spain play but I don't think they can overcome the injuries to Villa and Puyol and have Fernando Torres playing like a woman instead of just looking like one. The Guidos will have a tough time since the only talent they have left is at fixing matches. I like the Irish team but the wannabe Irish people that would jump on the bandwagon here are like Cubs fans so screw them. I will root for the Dutchies as usual, but they are the Washington Capitals of soccer so I'm not expecting much. I have a soft spot for Nigel de Jong, because that's where he kicked me in the chest.

Hopefully John Terry can resist jumping in with the neo-###### chants in the Ukraine crowds and stay on the pitch for England. They'd be a much better team without him.

Poland actually has a decent shot at getting out of the group stage playing at home against a weak group. They didn't even have to borrow a token Brazilian this time.

I'm behind Ireland (because of my Irish family) and Greece (because I've been so many times and I'm friends with the family of their striker Georgios Samaras, who also plays for Celtic - hail hail!) as usual. I realise either of them don't have much of a chance but look at Greece in 2004. With both of their economies it'd help them greatly (the part where I pretend I'm an adult). When it comes down to it, if Scotland isn't in it we always support A.B.E.

For those who don't know that acronym it's "Anyone But England".

• 2 weeks later...