The guido epidemic: Prepare yourself while you can

ic0dex

I know I'm getting ahead of myself but if the Kings win today which players names will be engraved on the Cup? I know the current roster and all the players that played in the Playoffs will be on there but what about the players that played durring the regular season but did not get to play in the playoffs, players like Kevin Westgarth, Davis Drewiske, Andrei Loktionov and others?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 games in the regular season or one game in the Stanley Cup Finals. Other than that, the team can petition the league for whoever they want added.

Ic0dex, none of the 3 guys you mentioned is likely to get his name on the Cup, unless as Mike said, the Kings petition for it and the league accepts it. Or Sutter pulls a surprise move and plays them in a Finals game. Poor Loktionov came so close at 39 games, that's gotta suck.

Ic0dex, none of the 3 guys you mentioned is likely to get his name on the Cup, unless as Mike said, the Kings petition for it and the league accepts it. Or Sutter pulls a surprise move and plays them in a Finals game. Poor Loktionov came so close at 39 games, that's gotta suck.

Thanks guys and yes that sucks for Loktionov I feel bad for the guy. Simon Gagne got lucky but I think he deserves it too, all those year that he has played and came close to the cup now finally his name will be on there.

Simon Gagne got lucky but I think he deserves it too, all those year that he has played and came close to the cup now finally his name will be on there.

Unless the Devils make an unbelievable comeback, at which point I will probably slice my head off with a skate sharpener.

I think Loktionov has a shot. He played in 39 regular season games plus a couple playoff games. A guy like Drewiske, not so much.

For comparison, last year Steve Kampfer playd in 38 games during the regular season and did NOT get his name on the Cup. He did not play at all in the playoffs, though. I think the two playoff games for Loktionov could potentially be the difference. He'll be a close call, though.

While reading up on some stuff about all of this I found a cool little fun fact. There is a limit of 52 names per winning team that was introduced in 1998 after Detroit had 55 names engraved.

GRETZKY!

:)

Hope both teams burn in hell for eternity and no one wins the Cup this year. Then I hope Carter and Richards run off to France to get married together and never play another game.

Jinx.

I will shoot you :ninja:

Hope both teams burn in hell for eternity and no one wins the Cup this year. Then I hope Carter and Richards run off to France to get married together and never play another game.

If you hate them so much you can always send me their jerseys :)

I like Richards, I'm meh to gagne, I despise Carter with all of my existence. I just hate him so much, dirty perk head.

Oh, and I also hate the fact that he shows up for the Kings in the finals but refused to against the Blackhawks. And before you ask, yes, I'm extremely bitter.

I hear Giroux and Briere already have the date set. It'll be the day after they get eliminated from the playoffs next year so April 15th.

...:(...

I like Richards, I'm meh to gagne, I despise Carter with all of my existence. I just hate him so much, dirty perk head.

Oh, and I also hate the fact that he shows up for the Kings in the finals but refused to against the Blackhawks. And before you ask, yes, I'm extremely bitter.

Look put on your Richards jersey and cheer for him today, I bet you will feel much better.

Look put on your Richards jersey and cheer for him today, I bet you will feel much better.

Thats what I am doing and cheering for FLYERS WEST

at least I will finaly see Hextall name on the Cup

Putting on a Flyers jersey never makes anyone feel better, unless by better you mean like having multiple venereal diseases.

I'm just going to keep sulking, thank you all very much.