Bernier's hit, right call or......

Bernier's hit  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What should have been the call?

• 2 minute boarding on Stoll
    • 4 minute double minor on Bernier
    • 5 minute major on Bernier
    • Penalty on Stoll and Bernier

What do YOU think the right call should have been?

No problems here. Scuderi was a few feet off the boards unlike Gionta who was practically right up against the boards. Whenever you level a guy into the boards from a distance like that in today's NHL, there will be consequences. Plain and simple. The Stoll hit COULD HAVE been a penalty...not a 5-minute one...but I think it's a judgment call at that point. The Devils were outplayed and outworked throughout most of the series and the Kings absolutely deserved the Stanley Cup last night. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

Agree with Mike that the Kings deserved to win, but at the same time, I don't think you can make a call like that in a game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals. It was easily worth 4 minutes, but I don't think you give a guy a game misconduct that essentially decided the game. Not in the finals.

Agree with Mike that the Kings deserved to win, but at the same time, I don't think you can make a call like that in a game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals. It was easily worth 4 minutes, but I don't think you give a guy a game misconduct that essentially decided the game. Not in the finals.

Five minute boarding with injury...automatic game misconduct.

No way you CANNOT make that call.

42.5 Game Misconduct Penalty - When a major penalty is imposed under this rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed.

Yeah I know what the rule says. In a game like that, you give 4 minutes and let Shanahan dole out a suspension later. That call decided the series, and you just can't have that. The refs needed to make a judgement call, not follow the rule to the letter. That's just not the way to decide the Stanley Cup, regardless of how much I hate the Devils.

I don't think we'd be talking about this if the Devils did a better job of killing the penalty. Even if it was a double minor they still would have been down 2-0 and probably lost the game anyways.

I don't think we'd be talking about this if the Devils did a better job of killing the penalty. Even if it was a double minor they still would have been down 2-0 and probably lost the game anyways.

But even at 2-0, it's still a game. It was over at 3-0, the Devils just went into a hole after that and never had a chance. As much as I hate them, I didn't want them to lose like that.

I was strangely okay with it.

And by that, I mean I had a party. The only thing better would have been if Brodeur had died of a heart attack after the game due to him being fat.

The only thing better would have been if Brodeur had died of a heart attack after the game due to him being fat and old.

Fixed.

martin_brodeur_is_old.jpg

Fixed.

martin_brodeur_is_old.jpg

I liked when they brought out a robe and wheelchair to get him back to Shady Pines Adult Home.

A couple of interesting articles about game 6.

LA Kings Win Stanley Cup

2012 Stanley Cup Finals