OT: board aesthetics and avatars

ferro39

im guessing im a little late to the party, but i'm assuming that the look of the board changed today?

more importantly, my avatar changed from my beloved african american guy eating a giant burger to a picture of me.

how in the holy hell did that happen? i didnt change anything.

You're not late, it was down the last time I looked. I just tried to get on for the first time in like a half hour and now this is what it looks like. I can only hope they got their server problems fixed too because I'm tired of getting an "account limited" message every time I try to make a post.

All of the signatures as well as previous photos posted no longer work as well.

We have implemented an upgrade which should solve many of the issues we have encountered lately. Things may be a bit funky as we get things up to speed, and we are trying to restore whatever we can from old data - but not sure we will get everything. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks for the update CW.

Though change can be scary to some, I think this a good time for us all to show some appreciation to CW and the folks at IJ for their continued efforts to allow this awesome community to thrive.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the update CW.

Though change can be scary to some, I think this a good time for us all to show some appreciation to CW and the folks at IJ for their continued efforts to allow this awesome community to thrive.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the support - this forum isn't my day job, but i'm doing my best! You may have noticed we went down again for a few minutes just now. This is likely due to the excessive load today with the upgrade, but we are still doing our best to get things fixed up. Once again, thanks for hanging in there!

-CW

any reason as to why my avatar would have changed? that's what creeped me out the most

any reason as to why my avatar would have changed? that's what creeped me out the most

I think in the old system you had an Avatar pic and a Profile pic, whereas now you just have one. So I'm guessing the picture now showing up is your Profile pic.

I think in the old system you had an Avatar pic and a Profile pic, whereas now you just have one. So I'm guessing the picture now showing up is your Profile pic.

ah, ok. that makes sense

not that i care if this pic is up or even if people know what i look like. i was just wtf'ing when i logged in this morning

Looks sweet.

We have implemented an upgrade which should solve many of the issues we have encountered lately. Things may be a bit funky as we get things up to speed, and we are trying to restore whatever we can from old data - but not sure we will get everything. Thanks for your patience!

Now that the boards have been running smoothly for a couple days, has anyone else stopped receiving emails for their thread subscriptions?

Have some of you on mobile phones had difficulty accessing the full site, and also the messenger, member lists, etc.? This is not really meant as a complaint, just as a heads-up to those involved on the technical side of maintaining the forum. The problem is intermittent, but it seems to occur (to me anyway) for large parts of every day since the new look.

And I really do appreciate all the work being put into maintaining this forum; reading and being involved in it is an integral part of my every day.

I personally love the new look from the little I've seen(I'm not on a computer, I'm on my phone out of the country). I don't know if it can be changed, but one thing that always bothered me on the mobile Site is that you can't go to your most recent message in a convenient in PMs. Is there any way to do that or add that feature?

Have some of you on mobile phones had difficulty accessing the full site, and also the messenger, member lists, etc.? This is not really meant as a complaint, just as a heads-up to those involved on the technical side of maintaining the forum. The problem is intermittent, but it seems to occur (to me anyway) for large parts of every day since the new look.

And I really do appreciate all the work being put into maintaining this forum; reading and being involved in it is an integral part of my every day.

Cannot access the site on my iPod as I could before.

I personally love the new look from the little I've seen(I'm not on a computer, I'm on my phone out of the country). I don't know if it can be changed, but one thing that always bothered me on the mobile Site is that you can't go to your most recent message in a convenient in PMs. Is there any way to do that or add that feature?

There's always been a link on the mobile site that takes you directly to your messenger. It's there on the new mobile site too, but it just hasn't been working all the time. Also, in your settings, you can set a preference for having an e-mail notification sent to you whenever you get a new message. Using the mail app on my iPhone, I can immediately access the new message via a link given in the e-mail message. Right now that the messenger link is not working on the mobile site, this is the only way I can access any of my messages.

EDIT: Right on cue, the messenger and full-site access links just started working again- yay!