New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what did i miss? let's talk about stripping gamers......

I think we are all well aware of your feelings on this....

And Puckboy just wants attention and you guys managed to give him almost an entire page of it by responding to his nonsense....

That's funny. I went in there to see if they had hawks authentics and he said no, they only had a jersey they customized for someone and showed me that jersey

That's hysterical. That one actually set there for a while before I grabbed it. I know they're having a hard time getting authentics this year, not sure if that's common across the retail board or not.

Alright, time to break up this Flyers lovefest.

Authentic CCM Mike Richter 1993-94 New York Rangers Away Jersey w/1994 All Star Game Patch

Awesome indeed. Did you have that done up (and if so by whom) or did you procure it as is?

Brendan FINALLY convinced me to go to Cosby's. I've been putting it off for forever because they're so expensive, but man do they do amazing work. I would definitely use them in the future, but certainly would have to space out what I bring to them just because of the price.

Brendan FINALLY convinced me to go to Cosby's. I've been putting it off for forever because they're so expensive, but man do they do amazing work. I would definitely use them in the future, but certainly would have to space out what I bring to them just because of the price.

Yeah they did my white Starter Richter- very nice.

Just don't have them put on an 85th anny patch on a Heritage jersey.

Sewing? I don't think they did any sewing on that patch of mine. Just some kind of mutant epoxy that irrersibly scarred my shirt. At least you'll know it's me if you ever spot it at MSG.

They did put on a SCF patch on my Graves....THAT may be sewn on

Matt,

As I texted you and Cygnus yesterday, it seems Cosby's is stitching the letters on Richter's name a bit too close together.

I took a photo of Cygnus' Richter jersey, and I photoshopped the letters to be spaced slightly further apart from each other. The result is something that I have photo matched on many Richter photos from the 94' season.

Matt,

As I texted you and Cygnus yesterday, it seems Cosby's is stitching the letters on Richter's name a bit too close together.

I took a photo of Cygnus' Richter jersey, and I photoshopped the letters to be spaced slightly further apart from each other. The result is something that I have photo matched on many Richter photos from the 94' season.

Matt,

I took a photo of Cygnus' Richter jersey, and I photoshopped the letters to be spaced slightly further apart from each other. The result is something that I have photo matched on many Richter photos from the 94' season. I also noticed that his name was stitched a bit to close to the top of the jersey, and on the photos of his actual jersey, it starts a little lower, so on the retouched version I lowered everything.

When I take my jersey to Cosby's to get customized, I am going to bring these two photos and a bunch of reference photos explaining how I would let them to do it.

To me, I can't accept anything less than perfect. Being a graphic designer by profession, I know that the tracking/kerning (space between letters) can greatly affect the look of a font/typeface.

Cosby's has the correct 90's thin fonts, however they need to be perfect when it comes to the spacing they did in that era, or else it won't look perfect!!!

post-5745-0-81863300-1360864437_thumb.jp

post-5745-0-75761900-1360864443_thumb.jp

The letters start and end at the same place in regards to the edges of the back numbers. The back numbers probably aren't spaced out further because the jersey is smaller than what he wore on the ice, thus the numbers and letters have to fit on the back of the jersey so they are slightly scaled down. When the size of the canvas changes then everything on it must change in proportion.

The letters start and end at the same place in regards to the edges of the back numbers. The back numbers probably aren't spaced out further because the jersey is smaller than what he wore on the ice, thus the numbers and letters have to fit on the back of the jersey so they are slightly scaled down. When the size of the canvas changes then everything on it must change in proportion.

The back numbers look fine, its only a matter of spacing out the letters ever so slightly more to give it a closer look to what he actually wore on the ice. The spacing is so minimal it wouldn't affect the jersey unless it was a size 36 or so...lol

Good point. What size is your Richter?

My Starter is a 46. It's like a watchmaker working with those tiny instruments lol

As a point of interest, Mike is working on a CCM mesh 46 (but it's dimensions are more like a 44) to become a Messier- I gave him pics of his gamer from Gameworn.net- we shall see his interpretation of the spacing.....if I ever get it back.

I'm kidding.

Really.

Mike don't put me on the back of the line!

I'm beyond excited about these two I just got!. My bank account is not though. But I got them for a steal compared to what Meigray is trying to charge. I will also post photo matches later in that new thread

Shea Weber 2011-2012 game worn Set #2 worn from Jan 7th - May 4th

IMG_43592_zps6d04fe55.jpg

IMG_4386_zps0a1d4b0c.jpg

Pekka Rinne 2011-2012 Game Worn Set #2 worn Jan 7th- May 4th. I photo matched it to tons of pics already. So Excited!

IMG_4381_zps36e09711.jpg

IMG_4378_zps794790fd.jpg