New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know why Bob's pictures don't work? Because I didn't realize he was still using the ones I had sent him and therefore were hosting on my site. I cleaned out a bunch of images I wasn't using yesterday and those were all on there. Sorry Bob. It's just a reminder to go take your own shots dammit! :D

Picked up a nice deal off the 'Bay on a Preds 1.0. Nothing too special...or so I thought. I noticed a random tag attached near the materials/care tag, which gave some info about it being a prototype. Not sure if anyone's come across this before, but I thought it was kinda cool.

CIMG2948_zps6cb92059.jpg

CIMG2949_zps03d83153.jpg

Nice pick up man. I had been watching that because the collar tags didnt match up but just opted not to pull the trigger. Great it turned out to be something! Looks like it has wider sleeves too.

Besides the lack of the wordmark on the front, what makes it a prototype?

The blue ones actually don't have the wordmark.

Thanks for the insight, Brandon!

Brilliant!, I think since it's got "Final" written on the tag, my guess is that they approved this style and produced based on that...but i could be wrong

Oh yeah; I forgot that the Preds didn't do the Canucks thing and put the wordmark on both jerseys. Perhaps it's one of the end result 1.0 designs made up by Reebok for the team itself.

You know why Bob's pictures don't work? Because I didn't realize he was still using the ones I had sent him and therefore were hosting on my site. I cleaned out a bunch of images I wasn't using yesterday and those were all on there. Sorry Bob. It's just a reminder to go take your own shots dammit! :D

I figured it was something like that, I can take pics but can't re-size them on my crummy ol' lap top so I just posted yours.

Oddly on my PC at work I can still view them under my original post.

Next bonus check I will be moving into something that has a bell or a whistle... but not both, who's got $ for that???

Two new ones added to the collection this week. First is a burgundy alternate '03 Forsberg. Hart Trophy - not bad. Thanks to F-Liars for the blank jersey. Second is a Canada 2002 Olympic Sakic. Gold Medal, Olympic MVP - that's not bad either. This one makes me think of the Ebay seller/buyer discussions in the other threads. I saw this jersey listed and before anyone bid, I offered the seller $150 to end the auction. A fair price I thought, as he set a starting bid at $40. He messaged me back and countered with $180. I said no thanks, that I'd watch the bidding and take my chances - that $150 was my absolute max. He actually came back and accepted the offer, but I had already made up my mind to try and win it, and maybe get lucky & save a few bills. Auction ended and I stole it for $100! Got the IIHF patch on Ebay and it looks great. Thanks to Oxbo and IIHFjerseycollector for advising on legitimacy.

[/url]http://IMG_3578-vi.jpg

[/url]http://IMG_3579-vi.jpg

[/url]http://IMG_3610-vi.jpg

[/url]http://IMG_3606-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Also, switched from PhotoBucket to Fotki. PB can't get their sh** together - can't rearrange my pics, site won't open in Safari, pics are out of order unless I refresh at least once, etc. Fotki is nice so far, can't complain. WISH I COULD ADD MY NEW JERSEYS TO MY SIG HERE, THOUGH!

Very nice forsberg and sakic. I just bought the same koho forsberg just waiting to receive it. Can't bring myself to get the new style third jersey I love these older style.

The old Colorado 3rd jerseys were great. Grats on the pickup.

I still think the current Avs 3rd was a promotional gimmick gone bad.

345zac1.jpg

All three of the current Avs' sweaters are a gimmick gone bad.. They need to go back to the horizontal mountains stripes and lose that torso piping... The last team in the league to still have that ugly Reebok edge piping design.

Finally pulled the trigger on this one. I really wanted a home gamer from the 2012 playoffs versus Washington, because in the 25+ years I've been a die-hard Rangers fan, game one of that series was the one and only playoff game I ever had a chance to attend. Getting to the Garden that day was a story unto itself for my friend and I, but I had the greatest time ever at that game. Plus, my personal life was a mess at that time and it seemed like attending that game was a light at the end of the tunnel. Kind of a personal side-note, but it makes this pickup extra special to me. This is now also my second Stralsy gamer.

35386207975995-vi.jpg

36386207976899-vi.jpg

Also picked up a Reebok 6100 Liberty, but don't know who to put on it, so I'm open for suggestions. I really don't need another Callahan or Lundqvist jersey.

38386207978179-vi.jpg

MAREK MALIK!!!!!

lol. I was thinking of that in honor of the one amazing goal he ever had in his career.

Nice Stralman pickup Tom! I have Staal's home blue gamer from that series.. Pretty cool that he scored the OT winner in game 5 while wearing it..

Congrats Tom!Go with Girardi 46 on the Liberty.

Thanks, Louis. That's what I was thinking of doing, but I didn't know he wore 46 on the liberty. I thought he only wore it in preseason when they only use home and away jerseys. I also thought Callahan with his original number would have been a good idea, but also unsure of the liberty.