New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

I'm relatively new to jersey collecting, I have been a cheap name and number t-shirt fan up until now but I might as well start somewhere right? I got these a little while back:

Jason Spezza EDGE 1.0 Away (my first edge, and i'll always remember it):

IMG_2536_zps7e5b2d9d.jpg

IMG_2537_zps165b9b08.jpg

And I suppose this isn't a bad way to start a Senators collection; an inaugural season road jersey customized as Bob Kudelski, one of the leading scorers in those first couple of seasons:

IMG_2540_zps2b712973.jpg

IMG_2534_zps128aae55.jpg

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I loathed them when they first came into the league, the Sens first few dark jerseys were so classy. Nice start!

One of my favourite jerseys (the inaugural road Sens). Why they moved away from the red on white numbers is beyond me - a truly classy look.

Hot off the machine! Here's a sweet style you don't see too often. 2005 UMaine Black Bears Dustin Penner:

kBearscirca20051aNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

I love the color scheme on their uniforms. The early-to-mid 90's Isles font is great too.

Love seeing college jerseys!

Not those, they look like this

Ben-Guite-Teammates-for-Kids-GI-patch.jp

Hate to quote a picture, as I know this is frowned upon, but this is from a few pages back.

Just had to say that I love the fact that pictures that I've taken end up here for all the right reasons. This is off of a game issue. Interesting that these patches weren't really the patches we're all used to.

Since then I've had this patch stitched around and it looks way better.

It's exactly why I used it. I saw "Avs Hockey Podcast" and knew that we weren't messing around. That, and I knew it was the right patch because of the properly shaped NHL shield and lack of wobbly font for the main script.

So, thanks for helping to spread information. It's what this forum is all about.

Hate to quote a picture, as I know this is frowned upon, but this is from a few pages back.

It's only frowned upon when they're quoted needlessly, and often two posts later.

properuse2-vi.jpg[/url]

You sir, have just successfully shown how it should be done! No frowning necessary :D

frown-vi.jpg

Nice Thrashers jersey! They had some of the best designs in their years.

2005-06 Columbus Blue Jackets Sergei Fedorov Alternate - marked '3' and the COA states 4/18/2006 (jersey off their back night in which he had the OT winner). Could be from the third period and overtime, who knows. haven't been able to match it to a photo yet. Likely my first HOF player gamer, even if for one game or even one period and OT of one game... It is also a rebranded KOHO.

8791317844_0c369181cf_z.jpg
8791326114_5f39bdafe5_z.jpg

8791344170_b865508899_z.jpg

Wow, I've missed a ton of great pickups. Those Sharks sweaters a page or two back are amazing, Irbe was always one of my favorite goalies. I remember watching him stand on his head (sometimes literally!) back in the 90's, he was almost as acrobatic in the crease as Hasek.

Won't be getting these until next month but Truman at GameDaySportsArchives sent me some pictures of his work. Can't wait!

Ladd Jets Indo (from 4freezy) - getting an Inaugural Season patch on it

WINNIPEGR16F-vi.jpg

WINNIPEGR16B-vi.jpg

Weber Predators prototype 1.0 (from 4freezy) - made up as an 09-10 with A - possibly a jersey foul but I don't think it necessarily applies with a prototype and putting a C on it is so cliche

NASHVILLER6F-vi.jpg

NASHVILLER6B-vi.jpg

Patrick Thoresen Salavat white 1.0 (from SVP via Dattlesey) - another technical jersey foul as he didn't play in the tournament these were worn in but I didn't want a Lutch Salavat jersey

SALAVATH41F-vi.jpg

SALAVATH41B-vi.jpg

Patrick Thoresen Salavat green 1.0 - jersey foul for the same reason as the white one but I guess it is too obscure to matter and the jerseys look awesome

SALAVATR41F-vi.jpg

SALAVATR41B-vi.jpg

Have a few more new additions to photograph at home so hopefully I am not done for the day!