Columbus Checkers pro weight

HJimm

I've pretty much given up on acquiring a game worn Columbus Checkers jersey. I've been searching for years and only know of one in the hobby. After getting burned by George at Vintage Classics last/this year on this project I decided to give Emanuel at oldjerseys a shot. I had used him before on a Columbus Owls pro weight jersey i had him make years ago. He totally stepped up the plate and hit it out of the park (sorry for the BB references). I had it in about 3 weeks and am very very happy with the product. Heavyweight pro ultrafil polyester, double elbows and shoulders, cut and sew crest made with heavy twill, authentic single tackle twill numbers, and custom fight strap. No sublimation!!!

2566728030098934225S600x600Q85.jpg

2766575780098934225S600x600Q85.jpg

2188822360098934225S600x600Q85.jpg

One thing... the sizes run a little big so a 54 fits like a 56.

Your Checkers jersey brings back a lot of memories Jimm. It's a beaut. I doubt there are too many other guys on this board who can say they saw the Checkers. And fewer, I'm sure can lay claim to having an Alton White replica.

I'm not sure I've ever hear of a custom replica being turned around in only three weeks. That, in itself, is pretty impressive. I'm now thinking I should give Emanuel a crack at the 1964 Cleveland Barons jersey that I ordered from George of VHC last November. If you would, send me an e-mail with the best way to contact oldjerseys.

I should have added, that I can't get anything to open on the oldjerseys link provided above. Nothing works, none of the jersey links or contact link.

Yeah he's been hacked or something. That was working fine a few weeks ago.

Emanuel's email is

thezone@netrover.com

• 1 month later...

Jimm:

What did you pay for the Checkers jersey? From what I can see in the Al White photo, the replica appears to be almost spot on.