"Game Worn Jersey" Cards

DropkickMurphy8

Sometimes Meigray tags game issued jerseys too, so maybe they're cutting up issued jerseys. Only way to be really sure is to run the number if the full number is available.

Take a look at NYIJM29's post, confirmed the tag from the population report. "Third Set 1 w/A" :(

i know very little about these, but this struck me as odd

http://www.ebay.com/...=item337d71a84f

Yeah, this Burmistrov is weird, too. Did the Thrashers even have a jersey collar that ever looked like that? There's no other team that could (legitimately) be from, either, since Burmistrov only played the 1 year in Atlanta before Winnipeg last season. It doesn't match the Barrie Colts, Ak Bars Kazan, or any Team Russia as far as I can tell. Unless the Thrashers did wear a collar like that in 2010-11, that has to be some weird photoshoot jersey or some kind of fake.

Edit: I think this picture sheds some light on where some of these card materials are coming from:

RKRTP.png

I saw a gamer card of Chris Pronger flyers on eBay with him wearing the 'C' home orange jersey. If that is the case I have the set 2 game issued home orange. There's only 2 home sets and 1 road set so if that infact is the jersey I have the only home set? That would be messed up to cut up a jersey like that.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=200843161577&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=45936437625

Here's the card

I saw a gamer card of Chris Pronger flyers on eBay with him wearing the 'C' home orange jersey. If that is the case I have the set 2 game issued home orange. There's only 2 home sets and 1 road set so if that infact is the jersey I have the only home set? That would be messed up to cut up a jersey like that.

http://item.mobilewe...nid=45936437625

Here's the card

The jersey pictured on the card isn't necessarily the one the player is wearing. For example, this Jeff Halpern jersey piece comes from a Washington jersey, not a Tampa Bay one as he is wearing in the picture on the card. That Pronger could be from any Flyers jersey or even a Ducks jersey for all I know.

I once opened a pack of cards to find a Steve Yzerman game worn card. The jersey on the card was blue mesh with a piece of the starter logo. I sent the card back to Upper Deck with a letter explaining that Yzerman had never played for the Rangers and the card was a fake. They sent me a case of unopened boxes to appologize.

I've also recieved autograph cards that I know are fake autos also. I know becuase I have the players autograph form a personal apperance when I saw them sign. One card the autograph was obviously from someone who wrote right handed, when I got an auto from the player they signed left handed and the autos were nowhere near the same.