Oakley Sunglasses

DropkickMurphy8

Anyone here ever buy Oakleys? I have one pair, but they're almost 5 years old and I tire of them. I'm trying to get my hands on a legit pair of X-Squared's, either in carbon or polished carbon with black iridium lenses, preferably polarized. I'm also trying to avoid paying the absurd retail price of $400, and I seem to be missing the boat on eBay. I don't want knockoffs, mostly because they're obviously crap but also because they cost almost as much as the cheapest pair of real ones I've come across.

Anybody know a good place to get a legit pair for less than the sticker price, or have a pair they're looking to sell?

They don't have them :( - Search page shows them, but when I click on them it says product no longer available. Boo.

Try eBay. I did a quick look and found a black iridium lens in a Flax Jacket frame.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Oakley-Flak-Jacket-03-881-Jet-Black-Frame-Black-Iridium-Lens-Sunglasses-/280937488834?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item41692de1c2

The price, $114, isn't even half what I paid for my Flak Jacket XLJ with black iridium polarized lens.

The carbon and polished carbon lens are a little exotic, but I'd keep checking ebay. Often, there are listings for Oakley frames only and at a fraction of the cost from an authorized dealer. You might consider getting your frames from eBay and then going to the authorized dealer for the lens.

Good luck. I'll add that you can not go wrong with the black iridium lens. I also, have two pair of Oakleys, and the black iridium is one of the better, if not best, for use in bright sunlight. The Oakley lens are awesome.

Thanks Lou. I actually don't like anything Oakley currently offers besides the X Squared. I tried the Juliets on and didn't like how they looked on me. How do I tell if the frames alone are legit? I don't want to wind up buying a pair of knockoff frames because I really don't know the difference other than the legit ones come with the coin and paperwork.

What is and what isn't a knockoff is obviously the $64,000 question Murph. With eBay you have to research the authentic product and compare it with what being offered 4sale. And use your instincts and common sense. But, the truth is, there is no full-proof method for avoiding the KOs when buy a product on ebay.

I will say, however, the link above appears to be the real deal. Everything in the pictures appears to be the same as what I got from the authorized dealer: crush-proof carrying case, box, papers, etc. What seals the deal on this one, for me, is this seller is also offering prescription lens, which is what I got with both of my Oakleys. I could be totally wrong, but my instincts say a knockoff wouldn't be offering prescription lens.

I dont know about all oakley models But my Juliet xmetals the ones Cyclops wore in xmen have a serial number. I had to get the custom Purple hue lenses because oakley does not make it but boy do i love them!!!!

Yeah I'm not gonna drop 400 bucks on sunglasses that I don't love. I like the Juliets, they're ok, but for that kind of money I have to love them and I love the X Squared. I know the real ones have a serial number, the X Squared's are the same way. I'm just not so convinced that the bogus ones won't have some kind of serial number for effect. Is the serial number on your Juliets engraved/etched or is it like painted on?

Thought so, thanks. I found a pair on eBay that looked too good to be true. Turns out the serial number is painted on, which is a sign of a knockoff.

Anyone know if these are legit? http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2648

Been watching them for a few days and someone retracted a bid saying he couldn't contact the seller, but I don't know how to tell with sunglasses.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would put these here for the hell of it - Finally got my hands on a pair without going through Oakley:

75097_10151066618892015_550125166_n.jpg

X Squared Carbon frames/Black Iridium lenses.

I tried on the Juliet, didn't like the way the frames looked on me. The XS looks better on me, so that's why I got those. I love them, but the weather's been s***ty here so I haven't worn them out of the house yet. Probably Wednesday when I go to class, since tomorrow is one of my gym days and there's no way I'm leaving those in a locker.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried on the Juliet, didn't like the way the frames looked on me. The XS looks better on me, so that's why I got those. I love them, but the weather's been s***ty here so I haven't worn them out of the house yet. Probably Wednesday when I go to class, since tomorrow is one of my gym days and there's no way I'm leaving those in a locker.

I might try the XS too. How much are they?

Retail is $350. I was able to get mine NIB on eBay for $300 shipped. It was more than I intended to pay, but whatever.

Yup. Expensive as s***, and at the moment I have nowhere to wear them to. My school took a ton of damage in the hurricane and nobody knows when we'll be able to go back :(