Minnesota Wild Best Jersey in Minnesota Contest

JeffB

The Wild are hold a Best Jersey in Minnesota Contest. Our nomination of the Warroad Warriors black road jerseys has made past the nomination phase and into the final knockout bracket of 32 jerseys.

That's where I could use your help going forward. Not only do I believe that this is a classic hockey sweater, with it's striking and intimidating colors, but the vertically arched lettering and classic Indian head logo, approved and designed by the local Ojibwe tribe.

Please take a moment and go to the following link, scroll down until you find our photo and vote for the Warroad black jersey (NOT the white one, which is someone else's entry).

We're paired with the hideous and garish International Falls Broncos, a jersey we wouldn't wish on our worst enemy, so do the right thing, and send Warroad's classic black and yellow indian head logo on to the second round!

http://wild.nhl.com/...s.htm?id=642523

The winner will get a private suite for a future Wild game, something I would really enjoy, never having had the chance to watch a game from a suite after all my years of going to games.

2638753210100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Voted for you!

Granted, I hate when things like this become more of a "who has the most internet friends" than a "which jersey is the best" but I've won stuff like this before by having friends and internet acquaintences help out, so I had to throw you some votes.

Wouldn't it be funny if it comes down to yours vs. the Warroad White, though?

I voted for the Warroad black. However if it comes down to a final versus the Minnesota Moose, I shant be able to vote against the Moose.

Don't agree with your nomination but I'm voting for you anyways. I grew up in Minnesota and wasn't there long enough to play high school hockey, but always wished I had the chance. Would have gone to Tartan High School and their program was never any good (our best players always went to Hill Murray...boo).

I really liked that MOOSE jersey, but I voted for yours anyway....

Got my vote. The dragons jersey is pretty cool, buuuuuuuuuuuuut I don't post on a jersey board with that guy. (or do I?)

I cannot believe Hill-Murray is mentioned on this thread. I went to Mahtomedi and our best players stayed put.

Ha...I used to play baseball games in Mahtomedi all the time. Our league played games in Oakdale and Mahtomedi and I remember going up there all the time. Moved away from Minnesota in 1991 and haven't been back since so I only remember the area vaguely (was 14 when we moved back to Michigan and only spent seven years in Minny).

bwahahahha, i completely missed the District 5 Ducks. bet you had that not been paired with the North Stars they would have gone on another round.

Going to be a tough round for Warroad Black angainst Roseau. Lots of love for both teams around the state during HS tourney time.

OK men, we're on to Round 2!

The way this works looks to be two days of voting in each round, so with today being the start of the Round 2, I could use your continuing help as the Warroad BLACK jersey hopefully keeps advancing!

I thank all of you who may have preferred a different jersey but still voted for my nomination. While I do feel it's a great jersey, I also feel like a night in a suite for an NHL game (sometime down the road), as I've never watched a game from a suite.

This round could be tough, as my Warroad black jersey is paired with their rivals from up north Roseau, so it could be a popularity contest between the towns, regardless of how much better looking the Warroad jersey really is! :thumbsup:

There also does not look to be a limit on how often you can vote, so cycle through a few times if you can and vote more than once. All the help is appreciated!

http://bit.ly/Sq2Ehf

So I may have voted 50 or so times ... anyway, I'm concerned about facing off against the North Stars in the semi-finals ...

The Black Attack of the Warroad Warriors has successfully advanced into the Round of 8 in the Minnesota Wild's Best Jersey Contest! The white version of Warroad's jersey lost out to the horribly busy Lakeville youth hockey red jersey, so we need to rally your support to keep us moving forward! Vote Warroad today and over the weekend! http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=642879

Don't forget you can vote as many times as you want during this current round over the weekend.

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=642879

Down to the Final Four!

If the NoStars or the Moose win this thing, it's a complete travesty.

Yes, we made it past the last round and are now in the semifinals as one of the final 4 standing.

It's essential for the cause that we round up as many votes as we can to make it into the finals, as the competition is pretty steep at this point.

Vote for Warroad as many times as you can today, Monday, and Tuesday as the finalists will be announced on Wednesday morning.

http://wild.nhl.com/...s.htm?id=643033

Thanks. At this stage, going up against professional teams that a lot of fans have memories of and connections to, we need all the help we can get.

I wish there was some way to post on the voting page to make my case or better yet, post one of Robert's pinup girls wearing a Warroad jersey. That would certain tip the scales in our favor!