Need help with DEL Berlin jerseys

JohnnyOnTheSpot

Yea, I'm sure everyone reading this is astonished, but I want to order a trio of authentic Girouxs since he'll be over there. I found this:

http://www.eisbaeren.muellersfanshop.org/index.php?ean=C100080&wk=5

Is this like, authentic authentic, or like a replica authentic? Are these what they're wearing this year? Also, I need help with sizing...I wear a 52 in every jersey I've ever purchased, would I be getting that with these? Thanks guys, I'm just lost here lol.

Lol I love how there's a tab just for Giroux and Briere.

I'm guessing it should be authentic because there's a cheaper option which I'm assuming is the replica? And google translate says it's authentic also :P

Yea it's hilarious lol. And unfortunately we're both guessing, so I'm hoping someone has credible info on it. Google translate can be misleading and not paint a full picture, plus I know nothing about these jerseys.

Yea I know, but unfortunately all we have are assumptions, and you know that doesn't go very far in this psychotic hobby haha. I'm also very curious about the sizing, as I don't want to waste a grand on a tent.

Let me add my two cents and concur these should be the real deal ones with double knit shoulder and sleeves plus fightstrap. Sponsor logo's stitched on as well and this seems to be the going rate around the league for authentics (200-250 euro range). Some call it "authentic" others "original" whilst yet more others actually call it "players jersey" (spielertrikot). Sizing I can't help you with as I have no idea of the brand nor is there a help section whatsoever :glare: . Other than the email form of course, which would be as suggested above the absolute best way to get a final answer to your enquiry. Seeing as they have included an option for English language you would assume they can reply to emails in English in this current day and age ... even in Germany :lol: .

This should be this season's jersey yes as you can see in one of the videos down below on this page plus the pink one http://eishockey-online.com/

Just spotted a small Berlin and Canada flag patch on the back of the jersey so might want to double check if you would get that as well ...

edit: must be near/far sighted to miss that the brand is "Metzen Athletic". Here is the/a sizechart: http://www.metzen-ge...emid=32〈=en

Hey guys, thanks for the help so far, one last set of questions before I put my order in. They have authentic versions of the red, blue and white but not the pink. Now they wore pink. I THINK the difference is the stuff is sewn versus sublimated, right? I don't know. Anywho, the pink one is clearly sublimated...thoughts? I need adult help :( I'm putting my order in soon if anyone wants in. Are there double elbows/shoulders on that Briere? Can't tell...ugh this is difficult lol.

Eisbaeren_Jubel_Giroux_5x4_Diashow.jpg

vsIEC1028.jpg

Aw, looks like this one has double elbows...but they don't sell this one, authentic, online :(

65479_10151191337563592_1416286571_n.jpg

Can't find a thing about what they plan to do with the gameworn pinks but indeed everything except the DEL logo and (championship?) stars appears to be sublimated on this one. Of the regular ones I'm partial to the red one but of course in your case you won't know if he will even get to actually wear it :D

Personally liking the 2012/13 Euro Trophy in white as well (but again no authentic). 2011/12 regular white not bad either B)

But I don't follow DEL at all so no knowledge of the main websites/forums to visit for news/rumours. Maybe justanothavictim can help out a bit. Can hardly go wrong with getting the home authentic though imo :thumbsup: . Berlin/Canada flag I see are sublimated as well so they would likely be on the jersey.

Here is an overview of their jersey history as well: http://www.eisbaeren...rikot-historie/

edit: found out they did auction them last year early-mid November on this ebay account: http://myworld.ebay.com/trikot-store/ (http://www.eisbaeren...arbene-jerseys/) But surely the Giroux will fetch a good sum for a good cause ...

Oh yeah no pink authentics for sale in the past either.

That's what they want everyone to think. It was done by special request of both Giroux and Briere so that they could feel the same on the outside as they do on the inside.

I don't think that the Pink "replica" will be that much different than the authentic from the looks of the pics...You could always add a fight strap later and you don't know what the production run will be on this jersey. I dont think the European clubs order massive quantities of the "special" jerseys and you could miss out. I'd like to get one of those helmets...

I don't think that the Pink "replica" will be that much different than the authentic from the looks of the pics...You could always add a fight strap later and you don't know what the production run will be on this jersey. I dont think the European clubs order massive quantities of the "special" jerseys and you could miss out. I'd like to get one of those helmets...

Agreed. The silver/onyx tint is real sharp

I think those are "authentic authenitcs" they sell on the web page for 259 euro. Some might even call them game issued.

But thing is that jerseys most German teams use are all sublimated. And this seems to be the case also here.

So what more you get when you buy authentic (vs replica) is few sewn on sponsor patches, double sewn shoulders and elbows and fight strap.

Teams in europe often offer only one type of replica and these authentic jerseys that they have are basically what they order for the players to wear.

Therefor those are not produced in large quantities and in this case that explains the delivery time of four weeks.

That's hilarious they blacked out the Warrior wordmark on Giroux's gloves, but let the W logo stay on the thumb. He is a Bauer athlete.

OT:

Same thing with Valtteri Filppula who's playing here with Jokerit during the lockout. Although it's another way around. He's wearing his "own" RedWings

gloves and Jokerit has deal with another equipment manufacturer...

Not sure have they even spray(?) painted those gloves... Color looks weird.

Valtteri+Filppula+tomi_hann.jpg

There's a guy on Facebooks Game Worn Hockey Jerseys group right now selling Briere and Giroux Eisbaeren jerseys. 1500 Euros. Don't know if there authentic or not.

Thought I'd pass it along for anybody interested. The Eisbaers have great looking jerseys and I'd like to have one but that's out of my price range.