Isles moving to Brooklyn?

If they didn't leave the NVMC for Brooklyn, they'd have to knock it down and build a new one, and there's no history in a new building. There's no history in the New Yankee Stadium, as it relates to the old one, so there would be no history in a new NVMC as it relates to the old one either.

It's the same property. I was all for renovating the Coli. It's my s***hole!

I'll be honest, I knew there was a chance the Isles would leave Nassau, but I was expecting an 11th hour deal to keep the Isles in Nassau and have the Isles play 2-3 years in Brooklyn while the Coliseum was being renovated.

There was no renovating that building. It was done, and it's been done for a while. You think they would have renovated MSG if they had a place to build a new one without knocking the old one down first? No, they would've bulldozed the history out of it, and that building is legendary compared to NVMC. That's why the Yanks and Mets got new places, they had space nearby to build without disrupting the current stadium till the new digs were finished. That's what would have happened in Nassau. I felt the same way about the whole "It's my s***hole!" statement in regards to Yankee/Shea Stadiums. I felt that Shea was sorta needed, but Yankee Stadium was perfectly fine, especially considering Fenway/Wrigley still being used. It was just a money grab for the Yanks, like everything else.

As I just posted in the Arrivals, I am going to use this as an analogy

2012-10-24_15-44-51_364.jpg

The frame is very nice. The jersey is meh but it looks a lot nicer in the frame. After about 15 minutes I took the Reasoner jersey out of the frame. Putting the Isles in Brooklyn will have an "awe" factor that will end rather quickly if the ISles do not attract free agents, get a real NHL coach, etc they will have a pathetic fanbase in Brooklyn. The Isles are a joke. They will still be a joke until they begin to win. If the Isles don't win, they are just like a Reasoner jersey in a frame. Just because you are in a nice home, doesn't mean you are not crap. Don't be a Reasoner jersey in a frame!

Seriously. Wang is a meddling owner who knows nothing about hockey. Snow is a backup goalie (though he did do some good things as a GM). Capuano is a mess.

well i understand the frustration of having your team move out of your backyard to somewhere a little out of the way but the situation was looking very bleak before this announcements. With places like quebec, hamilton , seattle , k.c and others vying for a NHL franchise the drive to those cities would have been worse. I like the fact the Islanders will stay in the vicinity of Long Island. I would have hated to see them move out of state!!

I think long term its a gamble but for the next 10 years its a win win for everyone because you guys still have a team. I for one will miss the old nassau coliseum , its a dump but it was a cool place , i would rank it as my #3 favourite place i watched a game at after the original forum and the old "MALL" in Hartford boy was that a wacky place!

a little out of the way in theory, but unless you live here, you have absolutely no idea how horrific traffic is getting to brooklyn. the barclays center is 16 miles from my house and to be perfectly honest, they might as well be moving to nj or ct. i will never drive there

and yeah, better brooklyn than quebec or KC, but the fact still remains that it never should have come to this, so the fact that they're still technically on long island provides little comfort to most fans who are from here. everyone i know from here is heartbroken and it's of little consolation that the team is still in ny.

and it's not about the history of the building at all. if they built a new one, i would have shed a tear, but i understand that it's needed in the worst way. it's the fact thay are moving off of long island. derp, i know it's still physically on the island, but nobody from long island associates brooklyn with long island and vice versa. nobody from brooklyn tells people they are from the west end of long island.

what if the rangers moved to like staten island? hey, they'd still be in the city and fans would still have access to that wonderful MTA transportation, so fans shouldnt be the least bit upset, right?

no. way. in. hell.