Lies, rumours & vicious innuendo

SabreFaninNYC

As circulating on the canucks.com message boards via hockeybuzz.com

What do you think?

Edit: Apparently they are photoshopped jerseys but the rumor is that they will look very similar to the photoshopped versions... Here are larger images:

canucks-uniforms.gif

post-52-1172848565_thumb.gif

I like them except for the underarms, the logo with Johnny Canuck is cool.

Oh NO! Those are hideous. If they're gonna do a throwback then do THE throwback. What is that thing on the left? It looks like the Penguins logo. I really hope that's not the direction they chose.

I wouldn't put much faith in a photoshop image floating around the net. We've seen that happen before, and it is usually just some pimply-faced kid with minimal photoshop skills who uploaded their concept. :P

Not even professional. Not a great job really... the star underneath capitals is the Dallas logo, just a different word.

I notice the all-star jersey stars on the sides. I keep seeing those jersey's templates as templates for the new ones, I thought that wasn't gonna be the case?

I just noticed that too and basically means they are fakes if there was any doubt that they weren't already.

Back before 1995 the Caps had the star-spangled banner jerseys that were red, white and blue with the stars down the sleeves.

home_jersey-1993_big.jpg

One of my all-time favorite jerseys. That's another one that should be brought back in its' original form.

Back before 1995 the Caps had the star-spangled banner jerseys that were red, white and blue with the stars down the sleeves.

home_jersey-1993_big.jpg

One of my all-time favorite jerseys. That's another one that should be brought back in its' original form.

I'm starting to think you're right on that one. The more I look at the Capitals current ones, the better the old ones look.

the canucks jerseys are just photoshoped rumors. The only thing that is known forsure is that the colours are going to be green and blue.

I can't understand why they wouldn't go to anything BUT the old rink and skate jerseys. Those were classic and it's quite clear that they're popular again so why not just keep it? I've always heard that the Free Willy design wasn't a fan favorite from the start so you can solve two problems right there.

I watched the Phx-Van game last Thursday, and it looked like at least half the jerseys that I saw in the stands were the C/Rink. Maybe one of the internet's photoshop geeks will create a blue and green V jersey :wacko:

Here is a question- how much redesign do you think the jerseys will undergo oand which teams will do something drastic like this proposed Vancouver jersey? Or is everyone just going to keep the same look and tweaks the striping? I personally would like to see the Thrashers change their logo? Thoughts?

Well hopefully nobody will redo anything drastically. I would hope the league has learned from the Islanders and Kings debacle of the mid 90's. I honestly don't know what Atlanta would redesign into though. I'm not even sure what they're jersey is supposed to be now...state bird?

The thrasher is the state bird of Georgia, that's what that thing holding the stick in the logo is. Those beaks that go around the waist and neck, I never cared for. Oh, then the light blue 3rd/now home jersey with the one racing stripe ATLANTA sleeve, I think they can replicate that on the new jerseys, but I'm unsure that it will look that good the new style, I'd have to see one. And that blue one's fabric is like the Nashville alternates, one color mesh over a darker color. Nice effect, but Rbk-friendly, or will they just do a solid Thrasher blue (is that the name of the color?) with a few misaligned stripes? We'll see.

That photoshop Canucks white jersey looks insanely good, the vintage one.

Hopefully they use that along with the blue version for away games.

Is there any threads or boards that have designs or suggestions for the new edge jerseys?

That photoshop Canucks white jersey looks insanely good, the vintage one.

Hopefully they use that along with the blue version for away games.

Is there any threads or boards that have designs or suggestions for the new edge jerseys?

I am sure team message boards have some floating around (like the canucks board) but honestly I am too lazy to look for them right now. However, if you do find any written or picture suggestions of any redesigns, post em here!

I don't have any picutres to post since it's too much work to dig them up but canucks.com has a bunch of photshopped designs that are being thrown around. It scares me a little bit because some of the designs are just absolutely absurd and all the members there just keep saying stuff like "I can't wait to see that next year!" and "OMG that is amazing". What is wrong with these people??

• 3 weeks later...

So far, what I have seen here is just fabricated designs - nothing legit (not that I would/could admit if one was legit ;) )

So far, what I have seen here is just fabricated designs - nothing legit (not that I would/could admit if one was legit ;) )

And thus changing the title to this thread CW? :thumbsup:

Thread should be renamed so we don't have to open a new one for each team's possible new look.

I'm still not sure about these 2 jerseys. Real photos or just professionally painted?

newhome1.jpg

newaway1.jpg

AHH YES...THE CRAPITALS