Sweden Game Worn Jerseys Felt Pressed Names/Numbers

LetsGoCaps

Has anyone bought any of these game worn Sweden jerseys, available from World Hockey Jerseys (among others).

All seem to have felt heat pressed letters on a sewn-on nameplate. Some seem to have felt heat pressed numbers.

What are these like? Is there peeling? Does it seem to look like it will hold up over time?

These are some nice, affordable jerseys, but I don't want to have a game worn jersey 5 years from now where the letters have all fallen off the nameplate.

Any input is appreciated!

I bought my Hornqvist from them, they're awesome. I don't think there will be any issues with it and if there happened to be, a dab of fabric glue and an iron and youd be good for another 10 years.

I bought my Hornqvist from them, they're awesome. I don't think there will be any issues with it and if there happened to be, a dab of fabric glue and an iron and youd be good for another 10 years.

Thanks, Brandon.

You've got some great stuff. Cheer!

Thanks man, Im excited for this auction. Im hoping to bring home another Sweden jersey myself. I wish more of the gold jerseys made it into the auctions.

All swifts have heat pressed letters. Pretty sure most of the 2006 Olympic swifts have heat pressed PU numbers.

I don't know what you are planning to do with the jersey, but with the way swift jerseys are designed, the jersey itself fall apart before you get to a point where the letters start peeling.

Now Guam, most of my collection is Swift jerseys. You sold me one too, you dirty dog! I want a refund if it is just going to fall apart on me!

But he is right, they are heat pressed names and sewn nameplates. The numbers are sewn too. There is a chance the letters could come off over time but I mean, a little glue can fix that. As for long term durability, when they first came out in 2005-06, they were much stronger and tougher jerseys with thicker fabric but after that year they began to use the thinner material. Personally I dont think long term durability will be an issue but I could see UV light causing the fabric to become more brittle and repeated washing over time doing the same. We arent talking about ultrafil or mesh here, these jerseys were designed to be light weight and used for a few games. They are rarely recycled as only the top level teams use the Swift style and have enough money to replace them.

There are two caveats to the swift cuts though and that is goaltender cut jerseys and WJC jerseys. The last couple of years have seen some of the teams at the WJC use the more traditional cut jerseys and are Swifts only in name. Teams that I know have used the more traditional cuts are Russia, Switzerland, Norway, and Sweden but there are probably more. The goaltender jerseys can also either be the newer Swift cut or a hybrid cut that has mesh back and mesh sides. I am not sure if they are still making this goaltender cut or not but I have owned one and it is completely different. I believe World Hockey Jerseys is selling a Slovenia one in this goaltender cut that is from 2008. I would say the WJC and the goaltender cuts are far more durable than the regular Swift cut while the 2006 cut is more durable too. That being said, I think they are all tough enough to be worn and I have never seen one come apart like the Edge jerseys.

2006 and 2007 cut - hard to see but a more rubbery, stretchy material and not adopted by all teams in 2007. This cut is what 2006 Olympic jerseys are made from. These also tend to run a size or two smaller.

P1011502-vi.jpg

WJC cut, at least since 2011, possibly earlier and not for all teams. Some womens teams use this cut as well.

P1010004-vi.jpg

Goaltender cut swift - used between 2006 and 2008 at least, if not still to this day

P1010031-vi.jpg

Regular swift cut from 2007 for some teams to now, for all teams at the senior top division

P1011630-vi.jpg