Are Mitchell and Ness Jerseys considered authentic?

Hey everybody. I'm pretty new to buying jerseys, and with all the fakes out there I am trying to get a little more info. Are vintage throwback jerseys considered authentic or replica's? I have seen a Ron Hextall jersey by a company mithchell & ness for $299.00, and was wondering if its a good jersey to buy. Any input would be apprecaited thanks

I wouldnt say that they are poor.. They are pretty good, but make sure that you do not buy a chinese "Mitchell and Ness" and that you're purchasing a real authentic Mitchell and Ness.. I own a couple of their baseball jerseys Mantle and Seaver and they are very nice jerseys and very close to the originals.

http://www.mitchella...A6-86RHEXT.aspx

I dont like them. Players never wore them and they are sized goofy. Just find a real Flyers one and have it customized like I did (hes my favorite player, ever).

hextall-flyers-b.jpghextall-b.jpghextall-isles-b.jpg

I've seen them referred to as "Mitchell & Dress" because they are unusually long, much more so than actual jerseys from the eras they are replicating.

I've seen them referred to as "Mitchell & Dress" because they are unusually long, much more so than actual jerseys from the eras they are replicating.

Indeed! If you're planning on getting a Mitchell & Ness for 'the look', then you're better to have alteration/tailoring skills or know someone who does.

Thanks for the input on mithchell & ness. To the otherside of my question are vintage throwbacks considered replica's, premiers's, or authentics? Also where do you guys recomend ordering jerseys from? Since I read so many threads about people getting ripped off on E bay I would like to steer clear of them.I'm trying to find the best deal without the gamble. Thanks for your help.

or just post a link here before you buy

here is a good deal on an authentic ccm like Hextall wore, not sure what size you need but

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-PHILADELPHIA-FLYERS-JERSEY-SIZE-48-/121029745241?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c2def5a59

MN-vi.jpg

Not only that, but crests/logos are off, sleeve striping/placement is off, everything about them is horrible.

Great quality material/stitching, extremely poor duplication of what the NHL actually used.

M & N's marketing is much more geared towards thug life than it is towards jersey collectors...sad to say.

Not only that, but crests/logos are off, sleeve striping/placement is off, everything about them is horrible.

Great quality material/stitching, extremely poor duplication of what the NHL actually used.

M & N's marketing is much more geared towards thug life than it is towards jersey collectors...sad to say.

Anytime I see that jersey (the right) - I keep thinking to myself, "One day..." I refuse to settle for the awful original replicas or a M&N. Technically I have one... except it's a Minot Americans 1987-89 game worn.

Isn't the Mitchell & Ness supposed to be a '77-'78 repro anyway? Still not great, but it's not as bad.

6f881c03a47154f7.jpg

Capitals durene....VERY nice. Wait a minute; I have one of those!

I wish I could say the same (*sob*), I just used a picture from GameWornAuctions as reference. There's something about the twill 'WASHINGTON' that really appeals to me, more so than the later embroidered wordmark.

• 4 years later...

This is a 4 year old post. What are you adding of value to any of these dead threads that warrants digging them all back up?

Sounds like someone may have something to sell very soon.  :)

Exactly. At least we'll only see roughly 6 more threads from 2013 bumped.

4 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Sounds like someone may have something to sell very soon.  :)

correct what bull s*** this is