reebok tag on back of jersey

Alright guys here we go.... I saw a "jersey" today at a local hockey store. it was a kings replica jersey, on the back top was the word reebok spelled out and looked as if it was embroiderd on the jersey and not a patch. it also had a fight strap. I left my phone at home so i couldnt take a pic but does this sound right????????? it was a blank jersey for $100.00. thanks for any input

Alright guys here we go.... I saw a "jersey" today at a local hockey store. it was a kings replica jersey, on the back top was the word reebok spelled out and looked as if it was embroiderd on the jersey and not a patch. it also had a fight strap. I left my phone at home so i couldnt take a pic but does this sound right????????? it was a blank jersey for $100.00. thanks for any input

If the Reebok wordmark was not on a patch I would severely doubt its authenticity.

Add the fact that it had a fight strap, was $100 and a "replica" Id be shocked if it wasn't fake.

The Reebok wordmark will always have a patch like this (note - only on authentics will the patch be sewn)

IMG_0352.jpg

You can get authentics from Meigray in their clearance section and authorized retailers like NHL.com, Icejerseys.com, etc. Your best bet to find jerseys below retail is from Meigray and on Ebay

First of all, an "authentic" jersey from NHL.com at this point aren't truly what is worn on the ice. An authentic jersey off NHL.com will be made in Indonesia, not Canada like the on-ice authentics. At this time, only jerseys that are made in limited supply (see Flyers and Rangers Winter Classic and 2011 and 2012 All Star Jerseys) are the actual on ice jerseys. The Indonesian made jersey is the retail authentic jersey, but isn't close to what they wear on the ice

For reference, the picture I posted above is of a 2012 All Star jersey so it is exactly what was worn on the ice. If the description of NHL stating embroidered, I would assume only the "on ice" jerseys have the patch stitched. The Indonesian made authentics must have the patch embroidered like this. (this is a Flyers replica) - still has the patch

IMG_0477.jpg

Still though, if the jersey you saw didn't have the Reebok wordmark on a patch, its fake.

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11924045&cp=3169596&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

I am was looking at jerseys on shop nhl .com and in the description it said"New Reebok® wordmark embroidered on back of neck and sleeve". can someone read this and help me understand this

If there is a wordmark on the sleeve, it is a replica, not an authentic (irregardless if it is the lesser quality Indonesian made product)

• 1 month later...

I was about to make a new thread about almost the same topic, but more of an additional question which I will pose here instead.

I have a replica St. Louis jersey that I ended up getting signed by a player that did not wear the new Reebok jersey with the word "Reebok" on the back of the jersey above the cresting but rather wore the one from the year before with the Reebok logo patch.

Is there anything different between these two jerseys, meaning the Reebok jersey before they changed from the Reebok logo on the back to the word "Reebok" ?

As far as I know, there aren't any differences in construction between the Reebok Premier replica jerseys that have the vector and those that have the wordmark. Even among the on-ice Edge 2.0 jerseys, there aren't any differences between them except for the logo.

Members of this forum often fuss about accuracy in customizing authentic jerseys by making sure the brand logos match the year that the jersey was used in and customized for, but that's because they are trying to duplicate the on-ice jersey down to the smallest detail. I would guess most of these same people wouldn't care that much about matching the logos on replica jerseys, because the replicas themselves are already noticeably different in construction and materials from the on-ice jerseys. In other words, if one doesn't care that the replica materials are vastly different from the authentics, then why would the logo make much difference? If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it. Just my two cents.