No More Lockout, but will you go to the games?

GAME ON! I will be going back to the games. I am just glad this over.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/01/07/nhl-lockout-is-over-but-will-the-fans-come-back/

I'll be going to games. It's not fanatics like me the NHL has to worry about though. I'll always support the league.

I love hockey too much to hold any grudges. I am SO there!

Absolutely I'll go to games. I've already made plans to make it home to Philly for the Flyers-Pens next weekend (followed by PSU-VT), and I will go to any games the Flyers come to Buffalo for.

I'll be going to the last Ducks home game. Other than that I won't be going to another game this season.

No, won't be going. Even if I lived in an NHL city or closer than a 7 hour plus car ride (Jets or Wild) to one I probably wouldn't go. Haven't gone to my local university team's games yet; I'll likely go to at least one of them.

My interest in NHL hockey this year is less than usual; much more interested in playing hockey and checking out a local game or two. Probably won't watch much NHL on t.v. - maybe around playoff time depending on how I feel by then and what the match ups are.

They already have my season ticket money so why not right!?

Exactly. Besides, as much as I want to be all "screweth you, NHL and players", I like it. I missed hockey. If I don't go to the games, I'd sell my tix so they would still get their money. Better it be me.

Unlike last year where I wouldn't miss a game unless I had class, this year, aside from the opener and the playoffs, I don't care if I miss games. I'll sell the tickets and if I can get double or triple the face for good games like Pens/Flyers/Devils etc then I'll happily sell them.

Not that I can afford to go to any Leafs games but I usually get tickets somehow to at least 2-3 games a year. I have chosen not to go to any games this year and will only watch on tv. Looking at the attendance a lot of places are got for open practices today it looks like the lockout will not affect attendance on tiny bit. It will be interesting to see what the draw is like in places like Phoenix, Nashville, etc. after the first couple weeks of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Being a fan of a Western team living in the east kind of stinks sometimes. This season originally had a couple of good games for the Flames in Ottawa and Montreal that I was going to check out, so much for that. I don't think I'll be going to any this year now. The closest teams to me are Montreal (about an hour away) and Bahstun (about 3 hours away) and their tickets are so expensive that it's really not worth it to me to take a jaunt to a game. I will be up in Montreal in a couple of weeks when they are playing the Leafs, but I'll just be taking it in a Peel Pub.

Unlike last year where I wouldn't miss a game unless I had class, this year, aside from the opener and the playoffs, I don't care if I miss games. I'll sell the tickets and if I can get double or triple the face for good games like Pens/Flyers/Devils etc then I'll happily sell them.

So sometimes you had no class?

I went to the Blackhawks/Blues game last night, and that's probably it for this season. I'm about at my average, since in a full season, I usually go to two games. The playoffs? We'll see.

I have gone to one will do a few more Games waiting for the prices to come down a bit people are way to high thinking people will jump at the games

I went to the Flyers' home opener last weekend, and have plans to go to Washington for the Caps-Flyers game next weekend (as well as a few others), so in total, here is my list for the year:

- 1/19, Pens @ Flyers

- 2/1, Flyers @ Caps

- 2/2, Hurricanes @ Flyers

- 3/30, Bruins @ Flyers

- 3/31, Caps @ Flyers

- 4/13, Flyers @ Sabres

I may sprinkle in a few more, haven't decided. But these are all definite.

I'm making the trek down to Nashville on Feb 10th to see the Blackhawks take on the Preds. I have never been to Nashville before but I hear its a real good time.

I can't wait. :stickhndl:

Washington isn't the only team. I really think I'm one and done with the Rangers this year. Not only do they have practically ZERO Friday and/or Saturday night home games but my ticket prices went from $37 last year to $53 this year. I might have gone to my last Garden game in a long time last week.