eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touché. Though I'm with the others on here as well as on the other forum, still a pretty cool shirt with original lettering. We all know Slim isn't trying to pull a fast one.

I wouldn't think too much of it. The gameworn.net forum lynch mob is pretty well-known for bringing out the pitchforks on individual collectors and I kind of understand it when quite a few people there have been screwed over by "highly reputable" dealers.

. someone sniped my lafontaine jersey. I was watching it the last 15 minutes but, then the wife got home and lost track of time. In retrospect I should have put in a higher bid earlier...oh well. hope it went to a good home

The search for Rangers Starter authentics continues...

Gretzky only wore starter during his rangers days.

You are correct about the jersey foul.

You are correct about the jersey foul.

I'm surprised it didn't have the "C" and '94 Cup patch as well (sadly I've seen that before)

Gretzky only wore starter during his rangers days.

Except for his news conference.

;)

I see the Asian fake 1998 Detroit Red Wings jerseys have made their way back on ebay. This is the second one in a week I've seen. The first guy had beer muscles behind his computer when I told him it was fake. this guy I'm waiting for his response.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-NHL-SHANAHAN-DETROIT-RED-WINGS-1998-STANLEY-CUP-JERSEY-SIZE-56-XXL-/271280360271?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f2991cb4f

Don't you just love the game worn stamp!

I think those fakes are actually out of Canadaland, the so called "Griffenfood specials".

But perhaps Sir Griffen is of Asian descent?

Cause it's fake.

That patch is horrible and the name and numbers are the fake puffy vinyl material they use instead of twill on the counterfeits.

I'm still honing the craft of Online Authentic Detection-- I have an intriguing case (to me, at least) for those of you here with keener eyes than mine:

Exhibit A-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400403048376?var=670063008621&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

The 'C' looks normal and the fight strap seems to be stitched correctly

Exhibit B-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330711455085?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

The 'C' is clearly wrong, but I can't really say what else I would call out since I'm bad at this

Exhibit C-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300952295546?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

The 'C' looks normal again, but this time the fight strap is affixed slightly higher, random deviation?

So, what say ye- Any expert analysis available on these?

Just from a cursory look, all 3 are legit jerseys from known legit sellers (just not always known for low prices). The differences in the customization probably are the result of using three different customizers.

They definitely all looked legit to me, though I certainly would be wary of the one with the extra long 'C' and the less than exhaustive list of pictures available, if only because it looks bad, no knock on the seller of course

The other 2 are just odd because of the difference in fight strap/number 8 stitch location... just really odd lol

The fight strap is in the same position on all of the jerseys, its just customization differences. More than likely the 8's aren't exactly the same size.

Definitely do not buy a pre-customized Caps WC jersey unless they say it was done by EPS. They are plenty common enough still, buy a blank and get it done yourself to save a headache. Or get a game issued 2.0 from MeiGray and have it stripped.