eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, thank God this started on a new page... otherwise that would've been a really awkward thing to follow what I just said, lol.

You are using phrases without knowing what they mean. Price fixing requires collusion between multiple sellers to set a uniform selling price. Market manipulation refers to multiple different ways of artificially inflating the value of stock. Neither are applicable to the purchasing of jerseys for cheap and re-selling them, you used them to try to sound intelligent. Maybe you could explain how either of those economic terms have any applicability to the instant situation.

Again...In your rushed attempt at looking cool you have again failed to use even basic reading comprehension. The only time I mentioned "price fixing" was when dsl made reference to our eariler discussion involving JB and his secret sources. Not the example regarding RCS..please read carefully. Thank you.

And buying out a whole stock of items at one price and then setting your own price when there are no alternatives for the consumer is absolutely market manipulation.

In fact, if it had any effect at all, it could actually lover the price because the supply would be increased. More would potentially be available on eBay, while demand would remain the same. That could result in the market value being pushed down. If one seller bought them all and only offered them one at a time, it would have zero effect on the market price.

It wouldn't necessarily "lover" the price. My example involves 1 buyer and no competition. The number of suppliers hasn't changed, the price has stayed the same or has gone up. The jerseys basically just changed hands between merchants and only the buyer merchant benefits from the sale price.

I haven't taken offense to your opinion, everyone has one. I only pointed out that yours has no basis in fact. Which in turn is MY opinion, to which I am equally entitled.

Perhaps if you read the thread more carefully before rushing off to reply you'd be able to see the facts and reason in my posts.

I didn't harass you for responding at all. This is an Internet forum, that's what you do. But where you accuse people of trying to have the last word after stating there was nothing more to say in the issue, it's kind of hypocritical.

How is it hypocritical? I never demeaned anyone for responding. I simply said "nothing more to say". You are old enough to realize what that phrase means or implies. It's not supposed to be taken as a literal "I will say no more", but rather a realization of the fact that no more can be gained from the discussion, It has absolutely nothing to do with having the last word but somehow i'm not surprised that went over your head.

Your actual opinion is that it sucks when a buyer buys all the cheap jerseys to re-sell when you want one to keep. That part is accurate. But it's the way of the world, and if one wants to buy jerseys to re-sell, or to wash their car with, it's none of your business. Some people actually make their entire living doing so.

I don't disagree with that. I was simply arguing from my perspective, someone who buys for personal use/collection only. My examples weren't aimed at anyone here, if you read from start to finish you'll notice that.

I brought up a hypothetical for the purpose to demonstrating how on a larger scale the situation isn't really fair for the small-timers or single item buyers. Jesus....

Edited by Of Senators and Kings

The only time I mentioned "price fixing" was when dsl made reference to our eariler discussion involving JB and his secret sources. Not the example regarding RCS..please read carefully. Thank you.

Um, I didn't bring that up. You really have a hard time keeping track of your own timeline. Either that, or you're arrogant enough to think you can outright lie and attribute things that YOU did to me without getting called out for it, with evidence. Fortunately, its easy to go back and look.

Like our last exchange it seems you see nothing wrong with monopolizing or price fixing. Nothing more to be said really.

You brought it up. Not me. Just because I've taken to ignoring your nonsense doesn't mean I'm going to let you outright lie and attribute your BS to me.

Moderators, if its possible to have a Block List, please let me know how to go about adding "Of Kings and Senators" to mine. Thank you.

Edited by dsl135

You said this to guam

I tried explaining this kind of stuff to him too. Even when everyone here is telling him he's wrong and not one person has come to support his asinine claims, he just thinks he's smarter than everyone.

I'd give up if I were you.

Pretty clear what you are talking about.

You brought it up. Not me. Just because I've taken to ignoring your nonsense doesn't mean I'm going to let you outright lie and attribute your BS to me.

Moderators, if its possible to have a Block List, please let me know how to go about adding "Of Kings and Senators" to mine. Thank you.

What the hell are you talking about? How am I attributing that statement to you. Holy #### you guys can't read.